Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mine's much faster. Make sure the vision update finishes and then resets the phone. It took a couple of tries for mine. Probably didn't have a good data signal.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    What vision update are you referring to?
    COT DAMN! Mine seems to be working faster now too... before today it took at least 2 to 4 seconds to dial after hitting "dial" now its more like 1 to 2 seconds! Me LIKE!
    I have initiated Vision update on my last phone, but how do you do it on the 650?
    KitMoni
    I would like to know how to initiate that update too.
    To those of you that lectured us about this delay being "percieved", or in other words "non-existent" ... all I can say is ... ha - ha. Seriously, though. Ha. ha.

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn14
    mine's much faster. Make sure the vision update finishes and then resets the phone. It took a couple of tries for mine. Probably didn't have a good data signal.
    From contacts it really takes almost 3 secs. Dialing a number at random or hitting the phone button (green button with phone) and calling someone I already dialed is regular (no lag) and calling somebody from call log is also normal (no lag)
    From contacts it almost looks like the treo is going to freeze; just a bright light for 3 secs then bam it's dialing.
    Please guys; tell me! how is the audio quality when you are capturing video?
    Had an interesting conversation with a person at PalmOne Corporate today. I called complaining about my general dissatisfaction with the 650 and was told that the 650 is NOT our phone. We gave the technology to Sprint and they developed it under an OEM agreement. He make id clear that all of the problems that we are all seeing are Sprint's responsibility! That is another reason why we don't see thinkgs like the cradle available. He said that they gave Sprint the GSM phone and they modified it to work on the CDMA network. He also said that when the GSM phone is released, that will be a PalmOne design and that the cradle and other add-ons will be available at that time.

So my question is this: What the He!! is going on? Who is going to fix the problems with this device and in what time frame? Is this turning into a finger pointing/pass the buck problem?

Jeff
    You guys are aware that Sprint just officially rolled out their FOTA (firmware over-the-air) update capability on January 6th? Looks like the T650 update may be the second implementation of this technology.
    Did anyone who experienced the vision upgrade have the shadowmite sound patch?
    I wonder if having that Patch will cause a problem with the sprint update.
    My T650 is still sluggish from the contacts when dialing...prob a good 3-5 seconds.
    Still no answer to the question at hand. --jquinn-- How do you force a vision update on the 650?? I used to do this periodically on my Sanyo...
    KitMoni
    Jeff,

I believe the PalmOne employee who told you this is very misinformed. Even the phones that are only branded "Sprint" are usually manufactured by Audiovox. Sprint does not design phones or alter other phones to work on their network. Phone development is the responsibility of the manufacturers. Once a phone is designed and produced, it goes to the carrier for testing and approval.

He was probably tired of hearing about the problems 650 owners are having and decided to make Sprint the scapegoat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster
    Slightly off topic, but my phone connected to Vision on it's own yesterday and afterwards the button hesitation on the phone app decreased dramatically. I can now barely say '1' before the buttons respond.
    I read this and called Sprint Tech. They spent 15-20 min. trying to find anything that this could refer to and found nothing. If anyone else has this happen please document what happens when the 650 connects to Vision on it's own. Write down any files that it is downloading or updating. And please post here so some of us can pester Sprint about it.
    Thanks
    D.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetheone
    Please guys; tell me! how is the audio quality when you are capturing video?
    Wrong thread, but it sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    Jeff,

I believe the PalmOne employee who told you this is very misinformed. Even the phones that are only branded "Sprint" are usually manufactured by Audiovox. Sprint does not design phones or alter other phones to work on their network. Phone development is the responsibility of the manufacturers. Once a phone is designed and produced, it goes to the carrier for testing and approval.

He was probably tired of hearing about the problems 650 owners are having and decided to make Sprint the scapegoat.
    That's exactly what I was drilling him on. He was very sure of his statements. He finally said "Listen you are talking to PalmOne Corporate. This is not our problem and you need to address these details with Sprint. Now this was not a guy on the hotline. I actually got through to a guy in corporate relations. It is just funny that so many people have talk to so many different sources and everyone is getting a different story. It would be nice for either P1 or Sprint to come out and set expectations with their customer base that spent so much money on this device. We deserve to know when these issues will be addressed. At this point I just want an update - even if it is we don't have this figured out yet.

Jeff
    I haven't signed up for the Sprint Vision yet. Do you have to have Sprint vision to get any of these updates as mentioned...??
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    I haven't signed up for the Sprint Vision yet. Do you have to have Sprint vision to get any of these updates as mentioned...??
    Shouldn't have to be signed up to get the updates. However, if you own a 650 and aren't on the unlimited Vision plan, you need to call customer service NOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    <snip>Even the phones that are only branded "Sprint" are usually manufactured by Audiovox.
    You are misinformed as well. Audiovox manufactures nothing. Anything that says Audiovox is rebadged. They have agreements w/ several manufacturers to create the products they sell.

While I agree Sprint didn't just "re-engineer" the GSM phone to a CDMA phone, Sprint is VERY involved in the development of their phones. They often have requirements of manufacturers that take a good working product and screw it up (Samsung phones are a good example of a good phone on other carriers that is often buggy w/ Sprint.)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast