1.    #1  
    Well i exchanged my cell phone today. GOOD AND BAD. The good, well i dont need the rom patch on this one. The bad, well i was testing out the camera and on my old phone in slightly dark room with no light my camera used to add light. On this phone NOTHING pitch black. How many of your phones adjust low light and how many of your phones dont adjust at all.

on my camera version is says

camcorder v.1.0.0.0
    camera v.1.0.0.0
    camera v.2.0.1.34
    cameralib-camL v.3.0

Whats all of yours say?
    you goto "info" then it will give you a list. at the bottom middle you select "version" then scroll down to where you see camera and that tells you the version you have.
    Last edited by michael82574; 01/14/2005 at 12:56 AM.
    I have the same.
  3.    #3  
    does ur camera adjust the light. Im in a room with very little light my screen looks pitch black. On my other phone it used to add light.
    Where is this "info" screen? I can't find it. I've looked all over for it. Probably somewhere very simple.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Helevitia
    Where is this "info" screen? I can't find it. I've looked all over for it. Probably somewhere very simple.
    goto the screen where it shows all your programs on your phone. then hit the button over the envolope. Its to the left of the end button. That will bring up a list at the top left corner of the screen. Scroll down to info. Click that. then it will bring up a list. At the bottom middle it will say version. click that. then scroll down till you see camera.

Does your carmera adjust light when your in a dark room? thats the important question here.
    Yeah, it seems to adjust but I get some strange artifacting though, a bright orange/green line on the right hand side appears in the photo AFTER it's snapped.
    No offense but how often do you need to take pictures on your cell phone in a "slightly dark room." And for that matter, how dark is slightly dark? Taking pictures in low light without the aid of flash devices is a feature of very high end cameras for it to work half way decent without artifacting and extreme color loss. If I turn on my tv and that is the only light ( 27 inches in this room ) I can see the opposite wall, which is about 10 feet away.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by orgazmo
    If I turn on my tv and that is the only light ( 27 inches in this room ) I can see the opposite wall, which is about 10 feet away.
    what camera version do u have? is it the same as mine that i posted?
    Yup
    Quote Originally Posted by orgazmo
    No offense but how often do you need to take pictures on your cell phone in a "slightly dark room." And for that matter, how dark is slightly dark? Taking pictures in low light without the aid of flash devices is a feature of very high end cameras for it to work half way decent without artifacting and extreme color loss. If I turn on my tv and that is the only light ( 27 inches in this room ) I can see the opposite wall, which is about 10 feet away.
    I think the point he is making is that his old camera used to work better. Why should he settle for an inferior camera or camera application? Sure the cameras aren't for professional use, but he's reporting two completly different results from the same model of phones.

I checked my camera apps and they are the same as yours. My system works well in low light. Er.. at least better then the 600 did anyway. maybe it's a hardware issue, or maybe your thumb is over the damn lens!