1.    #1  
    I'm curious if those of you w/ Piel Frama cases have used the SD card slots and if so did you have any issues w/ scratches on your screen?

(And please don't tell me to use a screen protector on my beautiful bare screen!)
  2.    #2  
    Bump??

Same question about Vaja flip cases as well.
    I have a Piel Frama case, and have two SD cards stored in it. For sure, the cards may contact the screen of the 650, but, if you are using rightwrite's or some other type of screen protector (like you should) it really should not be a problem.

Brian
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbaker
    I have a Piel Frama case, and have two SD cards stored in it. For sure, the cards may contact the screen of the 650, but, if you are using rightwrite's or some other type of screen protector (like you should) it really should not be a problem.

Brian
    I have used Palm PDAs since the Palm III. I will NEVER use a screen protector (and I have not regretted this decision to date.)

Let me ask this way, do the tops of the SD cards rest against the top leather strip or directly against the screen?
    Last edited by Geckotek; 01/14/2005 at 11:19 PM.
    OK, with my case, as you close the case, the SD card(s) approach the screen. Since the lid rests on the raised leather around the screen edge, there is a recessed well, with probably 1/16 to 1/8 " in depth. The SD cards are roughly the same thickness. So, it's very hard to tell if it's actually touching the surface. It's close.

I didn't use a screen protector with my first Palm Pilot, a PALM 1000. That's where I learned about a scratched up screen area, even if only in the graffiti area. I have used screen protectors ever since, and yes struggling to find the right one to allow the screen to look good thru the plastic. Since the 1000, I had a 5000, then a III, IIIC, IIV, M515, T/C, and now a T3 and a P1 650.
    I think I am going to order a few of these cases today. Do you really like this case?
    Personally, this PielFrama case is beautiful. There is more than enough padding that dropping the 650 is no problem, as a matter of fact, it's happened a couple of times. I'm a belt clip kind of guy, and they offer the ability to take the belt clip off and revert back to a standard case, without the belt clip. The vaja cases don't offer that kind of support. I have converted from Vaja to PielFrama for my T3 case as well, and my Ipod.

Brian
    I second that - I received my Piel Frama case this week and love it. I chose it over the vaja case (even though I love my ipod vaja case) because of the ability to take off the belt clip without a pimple on the back. It is well made and seems very durable. Well worth a look if you're thinking of getting a case in the vaja-price range.
    Ok, next question. We will have two Treo's in the house. I can get the black one here in the states for $46.50 and the tan one for the same price. I kinda like the two tone one but have to order that from Italy for I think about $80. I guess I am answering my own question. I guess I should get one black and one tan, but the black&tan one looks interesting.
    I concur with the previous positive comments re the PF case, which I love! I chose the tan, simply because I'm soooo tired of the traditional black. I thought about the two tone, but opted for the honey tan. Just preferred the one solid color. Hubby is thinking of joining my Treo party-- if he does, then I'll grab the two-tone for him, to minimize potential confusion. But you can't lose either way. Well worth the price, IMHO.
  11.    #11  
    Well, I pulled the trigger on the PF case from Pocket PC for You.com. I was interested in getting tan, but they only had black.....and black does goe w/ everything....LOL.

I'll let you guys know what my opinion of it is once it arrives.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    I actually have suffered some LCD damage from the SD card being in the lid and bumping up against something with my belt-clip-attached piel frama flip case on my Treo 600. I'm still thinking of getting one for my 650 that i"ll be getting in a few months, but I won't keep any SD cards in it
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I had a Piel Frama case for my Treo 600 and the screw-in knob for the belt clip somehow got unattached from the case so my phone (while in the case) flew out as I got out of my car. It landed on concrete and the SD card got loose (but did not fly out since the treo is in the case). My treo is not scratched/damaged at all because the case was protective enough. But I never used the case with the belt clip again. I just use the case if I want my treo stuffed in my bag. It is still a great case but I will look at other cases if I want a belt-clip model.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding