Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    When I had my Treo 600 I would use the headphone adapter and a cassette adapter to play mp3ís in my car. When a call would come in the mp3ís would stop and the phone would ring through my carís speakers. I could hit the answer button and speak to the caller using the Treo 600 mic and the carís speakers. However, this does not work with my Treo 650. Callers cannot hear what I am saying. I tried switching to speakerphone but that did not help. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    I have noticed the same thing. They must have changed the way the jack works. I have a Seidio headset that I bought for my 600. You could switch from music to phone. When I plug it into my 650, it does not matter where the switch is. It works in either direction.
    Great, another down-grade. (oh but that's complaining)

My Treo 600 worked great like this. I haven't had any luck with the 650 either. I guess we will have to shell out c-note for a car kit that won't work.
    Hi,
    I just wanted to let you know how I got around this. I bought a splitter and 6 ft cord then i connected the cord to the 650 then conected the splitter to that then connected the cassette and my head set to the splitter. then you can use the mic on the head set to speak, spent $8.00 on this fix.
    Charles- I don't understand. How is a split of a signal or connector any different from the original signal?
    Your using the splitter so you can connect the cassette to the car radio (to listen to the 650) and the headset (to talk into the 650) to the 650 headset plug.
    Radio shack part numbers. 6ft hands-free head set extenion cable PN 43-2003. Audio adapter - two 3/32 stereo to 3/32 stereo phone jack PN 274-948
    I find it strange that the T600 would allow you to speak handsfree to the phone mic when the headset jack is used. Audio Jacks have a micro switch that turns off the audio from the phone speaker and mutes the mic audio when you plug in a headset.

But seeing is believing, and I don't have a T600. As for the T650 with the audio split trick, I think it's cool, charles. I think I'll start monkeying around with the bluetooth interface to get it to do new tricks. Well, if I don't return my phone that is..
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlesgonz
    Your using the splitter so you can connect the cassette to the car radio (to listen to the 650) and the headset (to talk into the 650) to the 650 headset plug.
    When you do it this way are you able to hear the caller through the car speakers? and just use the mic of the headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    When you do it this way are you able to hear the caller through the car speakers? and just use the mic of the headset?
    Yes
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    The difference is that treo 650 seem to be able to accept both 3 and 4 plate connectors. The headset that came with treo 650 has 3 plates(contacts) - The headset that I bought from Seidio has 4 and it allows to listen to stereo music mp3 and use built in microfone without switch that was requiered in treo600 - it would be nice if someone can tell the pinout of that 4 plates 2.5 mm connector
    How are the feedback issues doing this? With my 600 it was a thin balance between hearing loudly enough and screaming feedback.

Also- what car kit patches (if any) are you using? Who knows what software on the 600 made this all work.
    There is zero feed back. Even when I turn up the volume on my radio (very loud) I don't get any feed back. There is no patch needed for the method I'm using.
    Please tell me if I'm understanding this correctly: there are 3-plate and 4-plate 3/32" headphone pins, both of which the 650 will accept. Will only one of these disable the internal mic on the 650? If so, is it possible to get a 1/8"-to-3/32" converter of that type and just plug the cassette adapter into that? I'd like to avoid using the headset entirely while driving, if possible.
    Let me see if i have this setup correctly in my mind....

Treo>2.5mm extension cord>2.5mm splitter|>'el cheapo handsfree bud
    .........................................................|>2.5m to 3.5mm adapter>to stereo

This makes sense since the split occurs before the impedance matching 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter. Using this setup, when your not in a call is everything in stereo? I'd think it would still register as though the mic was connected.

TS