Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have filed a lawsuit aginst PalmOne in Washington State for breech of contract. My Treo 600 failed, I went to their customer service who set up an account for a replacement unit. That replacement unit is 4 weeks overdue and PalmOne has no idea when replacement units will be available according to their escalation unit. Their executive offices will not return calls and communications to their President remain unanswered. Washington State consumer protection statutes provide for triple damages and our "long arm statute" will allow collection of judgements from the State of California

We are attempting to have this lawsuit certified as a class action suit on behalf of all similarly situated Treo 600 owners in Washington State. If you have a problem such as this, please contact me for more information by leaving me a message..
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    odd

what type of 600 was it (GSM CDMA) - why would it take so long for a replacement ??
    interesting. I look forward to hearing more
    I am know on my second replacement within 3 weeks,and I am in canada, they have to ship them from the states first, and then from the border again, and I have had 2 replacements in about 3 weeks,

some one at Palm has F**#^&ed up royaly and they cant find out who !!!!
    It's Simple really..........
    ...............Forgive
    In the long run, it would just be cheaper for them to send you another phone. At this point, it doesnt matter what happened to the other one; whats important is that you are without a phone.

Depending on your service provider, they may be able to assist you instead of having to deal with P1; especially if its still under warranty
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Hi abacusnw

You should give some way of contacting you or identifying so that palmone can apologize and give you goodies should they be reading this board. I presume that is what you want really - get your Treo back and get an apology for bad service.

mw
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    You've actually filed a lawsuit? What's the case number? I want to look it up. Yes, to satisfy myself your message isn't just a slanderous troll.
    Actually, why dont you post a copy of the complaint, including p1's responsive pleadings. When discovery gets hot, put that on as well.
    eek
    Quote Originally Posted by abacusnw
    I have filed a lawsuit aginst PalmOne in Washington State for breech of contract.
    not sure if i understand correctly or not. how exactly p1 breech of contract?
    they said they would be sending you you but it is in back order. not that they said they won't take care of your replacement blah blah...

should i file a lawsuit aginst the insurance company (for example, locklin), becasue they replace a crappy phone for an expansive one which it was insuraced for?
    If we're looking at shuffling papers and spending time in dank courtrooms about Palm devices... Might as well file a lawsuit against PalmOne for representing the Treo 650 as having "32 MB internal memory" but effectively having about half or less of that. Yah, yah the calculations are based on ......., but really - advertising 32MB and really having about 16MB is quite misleading and a very big break from years of PalmOS custom.

As far as slow shipments and lousy support from Palm and cell providers.... ummmm where've you been the past few years??
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I have filed a lawsuit aginst PalmOne in Washington State for breech of contract. My Treo 600 failed, I went to their customer service who set up an account for a replacement unit. That replacement unit is 4 weeks overdue and PalmOne has no idea when replacement units will be available according to their escalation unit. Their executive offices will not return calls and communications to their President remain unanswered. Washington State consumer protection statutes provide for triple damages and our "long arm statute" will allow collection of judgements from the State of California

We are attempting to have this lawsuit certified as a class action suit on behalf of all similarly situated Treo 600 owners in Washington State. If you have a problem such as this, please contact me for more information by leaving me a message..
    Hey, I'm with you man. Someone out there needs to be smart enough (and brave) to speak up for the little guys (consumers) when we get screwed. I hope it all pans out and paves the way for consumers in other market territories to file similar complaints for complete and utter disservice.
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
    Kind of quiet from Washington isn't it? I think EEKINSMAN called it correctly.
    "If it's new, I've got to have it."
  13.    #14  
    I have heard from 5 people and they have forwarded to me the complete info I need to attempt to have them included IF I can get certified as a "class action".

I have heard from PalmOne's counsel with a desire to settle this problem before the initial hearing. This meeting, to be held in Seattle, is set for January 27th. In the meantime, I have accepted a refurb 600 GSM to replace my phone without giving up my right to continue the action. The names of the five people who contacted me have been given to PalmOne and 2 of them have been contacted as of this writing.

More to come - I believe this will be settled as PalmOne does not want to litigate, especially in Washington State.

I can only help people who reside in Washington State. Washington State lower courts are not computerized to pull records over the internet - Sorry.
    I'm on my third T600 since December 2003, but beyond that, no major problems with the unit over all.

My wish is to hook up with a Seattle area power user who could help me better understand all the features this amazing machine offers. I'd gladly PAY for the help if necessary. I just don't know where or how to advertise for such assistance.
    well, you do have the power of the online community behind you, everyone here is more than willing to you learn how to use the treo.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

16. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=abacusnw]I have heard from 5 people and they have forwarded to me the complete info I need to attempt to have them included IF I can get certified as a "class action".

You clearly have no idea what a class action is. I further call you on the five people.

Post the filing number here so that we can see that you are not a troll....
    Cheers

Charles
    Gotta agree that it's just a little suspicious that he hasn't even produced a number for the case in his post.

Having had plenty of Palms and plenty of problems/issues over the years with them... I'm a bit jaded dealing with P1's worsening support. Usually I just go out of the Indian "duck pond" over to what's left of the Eagles at P1 corporate when I need something resolved. Wasting all the time and energy in court would be much worse hassle to me than talking 15 hours to clueless P1 support in India and then dealing with the bureaucracy of P1 stateside.

If you're not just trolling - good luck with PalmOne. Please leave them enough money to afford some decent memory chips on their next attempt at the Treo, please
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.

I can only help people who reside in Washington State. Washington State lower courts are not computerized to pull records over the internet - Sorry.
    ya cause we only had enough money to computerize the higher courts. Bah Wa state has the highest sales tax in the nation or 2nd maybe.

What a load. Traffic court is computerized. Even if that were true, what difference does it make? Only records coming in over the internet are viable for a lawsuit? Bah again. Ever heard of a printer? Never see lawyers carying paper into court, only laptops. TROLL!!!!!

Lets see your filing. Post it here for all to read with the case number. Or maybe you cant because your not computerized.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Maybe he filed with People's Court, Woof ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast