Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    As previously stated, meeting was held with PalmOne reps and a settlement was offered. Myself and 4 others accepted the settlement while the fifth person did not show up nor have a representative attend.

As usual, PalmOne admitted no product liability and as part of the settlement no party may discuss the specific terms of the settlement. These are usual covenants in most any settlement such as this.

I will tell you that all are happy with their "new" treo units.

May I suggest that "squeeky wheels get the grease". So call PalmOne in California directly and express your problems, intelligently, to the right person!

To those "boys" who always like to find fault and try to show their high level of knowledge about things they really know little of - enjoy your 600!
    aba:
    thanks for the update, but can you or can you not directly respond to the numerous requests made of you to post some specifics as to your law suit, many have asked for the cause number to verify your filing. I for one am interested in seing your complaint. that would be the document your lawyer filed setting forth the cause of action against p1. as a treo user, I'd really like to see the specific allegations. Lets see the goods.
    eek
    Quote Originally Posted by abacusnw
    As previously stated, meeting was held with PalmOne reps and a settlement was offered. Myself and 4 others accepted the settlement while the fifth person did not show up nor have a representative attend.

As usual, PalmOne admitted no product liability and as part of the settlement no party may discuss the specific terms of the settlement. These are usual covenants in most any settlement such as this.

I will tell you that all are happy with their "new" treo units.

May I suggest that "squeeky wheels get the grease". So call PalmOne in California directly and express your problems, intelligently, to the right person!

To those "boys" who always like to find fault and try to show their high level of knowledge about things they really know little of - enjoy your 600!

Again no specifics. No case #, no copy of the complaint, not even where in Wa he filed. What county, what city etc. Nothing we can independently veryify.

As to calling P1 in cali and speaking to the right person, how about the number and name of the "right" person.

Cmon man show us the goods. I call bullsh*t on this whole thing.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  4. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    horsesh!t........

I just won a huge lawsuit against a major retailer because it snowed on the way to the store and I got cold. I can't tell you about the settlement but I'm all warm and fuzzy now.........
    Cheers

Charles
    For all who are interested, since abacus lists his address as Seattle, that's in King County. King County Superior Court has a website and you can search for case numbers at http://www.metrokc.gov/kcscc/. FWIW, I already tried searching for palmone and the search came back negative.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $this$ $would$ $be$ $the$ $correct$ $court$ $in$ $which$ $to$ $file$ $a$ $lawsuit$ $such$ $as$ $the$ $one$ $he$ $so$ $painstakingly$ $describes$. Unless he has more information than what he's put on here, I would think this is just what was described by eekinsman. Beyond waht eekinsman said, there are too many strange things about this supposed lawsuit.

And before you get your panties in a wad, abacus, I do know what I'm talking about. I'm a lawyer licensed in WA, even though I don't practice there regularly.

Put up or shut up.
    Maybe by "filed" it means that it went in abacusnw's "filing" cabinet?

The claim that PalmOne would do much of anything to meliorate any of the many problems with their devices is what is most ridiculous about this story. From the lies about the M-130's colors to the T-3 screws that fall out to the claimed "wifi compatiblilty" of the Treo 600, Palm/One seems to enjoy sticking it to their customers on the smallest of things. It took a lawsuit to have them address the M130 color issue, but why does Palm/One insist on enriching lawyers instead of just sending out $.030 worth of screws and a dollop of locktite to fix their build issues? Most people just quietly endure and adjust, but hold off a longer and longer time before giving P1 any more of their hard-earned cash. PalmOne's inability to step up to the plate on the T-3's 30cent falling-out screws has cost them many sales of current $300.00-$400.00 devices. I guess they fired the cost-benefit analysis people with any brains there long ago.

I had suggested to P1 that rather than offering me a now obsolete "treo accessory" (of which I've already spent around $200 on now-obsolete accessories) for the numerous bad 600s I endured the past year they offer some sort of reduced "upgrade" fee for people willing to take a chance on the 650. After about a month (big decision there, apparently) they came back with an offer of me paying $349 PLUS my (finally functional) Treo 600! As they were blowing 650's out the door on the road show for that price to people who may have had not to endure living without a functional phone for weeks on end - that was a ridiculous offer. And trading a functional 600 for an unproven device with 33% less memory (and no way to get the 600 back) was a faustian bargain.

Fortunately I already knew the 650 was a dog, and politely told her I'd wait for the REAL upgrade to the 600 that can actually hold the amount of data I was able to run a year ago in my 600.

If anyone can figure out how to sue Palm for screwing up the memory in the 650, you have my support.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I have filed a lawsuit aginst PalmOne in Washington State for breech of contract. My Treo 600 failed, I went to their customer service who set up an account for a replacement unit. That replacement unit is 4 weeks overdue and PalmOne has no idea when replacement units will be available according to their escalation unit. Their executive offices will not return calls and communications to their President remain unanswered. Washington State consumer protection statutes provide for triple damages and our "long arm statute" will allow collection of judgements from the State of California

We are attempting to have this lawsuit certified as a class action suit on behalf of all similarly situated Treo 600 owners in Washington State. If you have a problem such as this, please contact me for more information by leaving me a message..
    And the name of the law firm you represent? or better yet the the number of months since your last case?

the only guilt I see is too much time on ones hands.
    what's the CASE #???

You accuse someone of too much time on his hands, but still fail to provide specific info. As stated previously...

put up or shut up. this "lawsuit" looks like BS to me.
    Last edited by Dragonman; 02/14/2005 at 01:14 PM.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Many people do not understand the full process of filing a case in civil court. Perhaps his lawyer sent a letter of intent to Palmone. In a situation where a company's service is clearly sub-par, this will often trigger a defacto settlement.
    Quote Originally Posted by dohdave
    Many people do not understand the full process of filing a case in civil court. Perhaps his lawyer sent a letter of intent to Palmone. In a situation where a company's service is clearly sub-par, this will often trigger a defacto settlement.

And it sounds like you may be one of them. The original posters first line was
    I have filed a suit....
    Now here in the state of Wa where the suit was filed, if one says I filed a suit that means he went to the court house and filed a suit. Filed meaning filled out the paperwork and got a court date and a case number. It doesnt mean someone sent a threatening letter.

In this case though it is the general concensus here that the whole thing was a lie. No verifiable info was provided and why would he be afraid to hide it? Civil court cases are a matter of public record.

As to your statement of sub-par service, who determines that and initiates the defacto settlement? The defendant? They just suddenly realize because they got a nasty letter that they are sub-par and need to whip out the check book? That seems highly unlikely, especially in this case when there were all of 5 plaintiffs. Oooh I bet it was so scary for P1 they just wet their pants and settled. Ya right.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    [QUOTE=Woof]And it sounds like you may be one of them. >snip<

As to your statement of sub-par service, who determines that and initiates the defacto settlement? The defendant? >snip<

Hey Woof, no need to be insulting. I'm just hesitant to call someone a liar. Assuming this guy is spinning tales, I don't understand his motivation. It sounds like you have no trouble believing that he is deliberately lying as opposed to being mistaken about the process. My comment about sub-par service was a reflection of the original posters expressed belief. I'm neutral on this specific matter. My personal experience with Palm has always been positive. Specifically; I have found their tech support to be very professional and very helpful. I love my 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnieeve
    I'm on my third T600 since December 2003, but beyond that, no major problems with the unit over all.

My wish is to hook up with a Seattle area power user who could help me better understand all the features this amazing machine offers. I'd gladly PAY for the help if necessary. I just don't know where or how to advertise for such assistance.
    Thats what we're here for; no need to pay for assistance!
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    horsesh!t........

I just won a huge lawsuit against a major retailer because it snowed on the way to the store and I got cold. I can't tell you about the settlement but I'm all warm and fuzzy now.........
    LMAO!!!!!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Based on your own post, the replacement unit was 4 weeks overdue; yet if I am reading all your post correctly, you would have us believe that it only took 18 days from filing to settlement with a major corp.

People, check out the dates from the 1st post to the settlement post. No wonder he cant/wont substantiate providing the forum with any of the requested info asked of him previously.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    <cough><cought>bull****<cough>
    do you honestly expect anyone to believe this? for this to even fly you would have to be harmed (loose money) in some way. because you didn't palm one would be granted summary judgement. in addition, there was no contract, oral or written, specifying a return time or compensation for it not arriving at this time. therefore there were no facts in dispute. why would you even waste your time anyway when I can walk my happy *** into the sprint store and get upgraded from a broken 600 to a brand new 650 in less than 30 minutes.
    Sprint Kyocera 6035> Verizonized Sprint 6035> Treo 300> Sprint Treo 600> Sprint Treo 650> Cingular 8125> Sprint Treo 650> Sprint Treo 700wx

“It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.” -George W. Bush

BE AMERICAN, USE CDMA
    It took you a lawsuit to swap your 600 for a 650? Man, you got one helluva lawyer!!!!

I wrote them a letter and they swapped mine for free.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I wrote them a letter and they swapped mine for free.
    that works sometimes....

...sometimes all you need to do is to call the CEO's office and rant....

...sometimes it takes a filing

- my sister, the lawyer, could not get any response to repair requests on her piece-of-crap, falling apart, sony viaio laptop until she "filed" a lawsuit with the local magistrate. Literally, Sony failed to send her a return shipping label (as promised) for 3 months. 1 week after the filing, Sony called to see "what they could do to resolve the situation"....

I don't know if the story is true, or even if he is using the right terminology. I do know that when paperwork shows up with a court date on it (technically a filing), most folks decide it is much cheaper to cave than to fight (right or wrong).

the key, I think, is that a call can be mis-handled or misrouted endlessly. when legal papers show up, they are immediately routed to the right department (under penalty of law) for resolution...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12