1.    #1  
    I read in a post that the treo 650 is already GPS capable, but Sprint has to configure something to make it work. Did I read that wrong? Is it on it's way, or will I have to wait till I can afford the Seido car adapter? I like the idea of having a standalone GPS in the unit itself.

Those that know, can you shed some light on this for me?
    From the looks of this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=63241&page=2

I would say yes - someone just needs to figure out how to access it!
    Yes, there is a GPS assisted location system built in. It's not enabled for anything but e911. Even once enabled, however, it will not be the same class of GPS as what TomTom or Mapopolis use. It won't be as accurate, and unless TomTom or Mapopolis were to update their software to use it (assuming they can), these apps wouldn't work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Yes, there is a GPS assisted location system built in. It's not enabled for anything but e911. Even once enabled, however, it will not be the same class of GPS as what TomTom or Mapopolis use. It won't be as accurate, and unless TomTom or Mapopolis were to update their software to use it (assuming they can), these apps wouldn't work on it.
    Another issue will occur when you happen to leave the Sprint Network (and believe me that is not too difficult...)
    I may be wrong as to the 650, but most cell phones use the cell sites for their tracking, and not solely an orbiting GPS. So GPS software can't use this, as they need something that can output NMEA data.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."