1.    #1  
    Jabra announced their new BT800 Bluetooth headset at Winter CES, but I cannot find it for sale anywhere on the net.

Anyone have better luck?!
    Yep I have the same question. In a January 6th press release they said "The Jabra BT800 is now shipping in North America with a suggested retail price of $149." I can't find anyone selling them either...
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Jabra phone rep told me yesterday they should be at retailers by first of February.
    Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    Jabra phone rep told me yesterday they should be at retailers by first of February.
    Vince
    That report doesn't jive with reports that the headset has already begun shipping to retailers. I predict Jan. 20, giving time for retailers to receive the merchandise and get it into inventory logs.

K
    I spoke with tech support at Jabra and he said that the 800 is not compatible with the treo 650. Apparently the only phone not compatible!!
    hmmmmm...well lets hope he was getting his information straight off a compatibility list. Typically those lists are not all inclusive.

K
    Last edited by nchargreed; 01/14/2005 at 11:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Regarding dacrockett's experience - that's not what my rep (MaryAnn) told me. She claimed full compatiblilty with the 650. She put me on hold to ask one of the tech reps. I called to ask whether the caller id info and ALL functions would be supported. She reported that it was.
    I also asked about the 800's compatibility with the non-bt adapter. Again, after asking a tech rep, she told me that only the voice signal would be transferred - no caller id info or anything else. If I am not allowed to upgrade to the 650 until my contract date (maybe a workaround through my business), or if Cingular doesn't release the phone this month, I am going to go ahead and get the 800 and the adapter to use with my 600 until I get a 650.
    As far as the available date, that's just what I was told. I can't confirm or dispell the information.
    Vince