Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well it got here, would have been over a half hour early, but by the looks of the notes on FedEx's tracking page they tried to deliver it to the wrong address once at 09:58. Got to my house at 10:35, but showed delivery at 10:30 on the tracking page. I'm gonna write my congressman about that, sheesh. What is the world coming to when you order a package from HongKong and it is 5 minutes late!!!

This is not the first Innopocket case I have owned nor the first Aluminum case for a PDA or phone.

Quality is good as usual. The cutouts for the buttons all line up nicely. The screen cutout is offset to the right (as you look at the device), but not by more then a millimeter, so it is not an issue IMO.

The thumb grips are nice. The cutout for the mic looks exactly like the one I dremeled into my 600 case! The ear piece has 3 horizontal slots instead of the one oval hole that the 600 case had, I feel that will be an improvement, but it wasn't a problem hearing with the 600 case so we'll see if I notice anything when listening through them.

The bump for the threaded post is smaller then on the 600 case, that will be better for when I set it down, the 600 case would wobble when placed on a smooth flat surface. Not a big issue, just noting all the differences.

Fit around the antenna is perfect, the 600 case door would just touch the antenna base. It didn't leave a mark, but I was always worried that it would, so no more worrying.

The surface area of the slots for the speaker in the back has been increased. Hard to really judge because they are different shapes, but I think it is a larger area. That should translate into louder sound, but again I didn't have a problem with it in the 600 case so again we will see if I notice a difference.

Typing is still not a problem, I had my wife take a picture so you can see what it looks like. I don't mind it at all, but then I have had both my Treo's in these cases since getting them, so maybe those of you used to a leather case or no case might not agree. The lid fits comfortable into the crook of my hand between the thumb and forefinger providing another surface to add at least a small amount more of stability to typing. No issues for me with this case.

The slot across the front for the buttons is more recessed then the 600 case or at least it feels that way, but the buttons are not incredibly difficult to press. It will definately take a bit more effort to hit them in the case then it would out of the case. That is the price I think I am alright paying for the protection this case offers.

Pictures follow, feel free to ask for different angles or questions regarding this case. I realize this is not a complete review, just offering up my initial impressions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    I think I might try to sell the fake Treo on Ebay!
  3.    #3  
    Gotta get back to work...
    mattyparanoid,
    Great review. It would be nice to see how the Treo looks in the case from the back, top, bottom and sides. Also, how far can you open the cover. How does it look when it is on your belt clip on your hip? How light is it?
    Did you buy it directily from Innopocket.com or somewhere else? Would you recommend this case to case users?

Thanks,

Al
    Last edited by TreoRock; 01/13/2005 at 11:46 AM.
    mattyparanoid,
    How far out does the Treo stick when it is on your belt? And how easy/difficult is it to remove the Treo from the case?
    Zane
    Well i wanna know nothing about the case, but what program do you have for your apps page Looks cool!!!
    Agreed! What is that? It almost looks like an OS X Dock!?

Edit: I think it is ZLauncher...yes? With some kind of "skin" applied.
    Looks nice. Did you really need a picture of the fedex package?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    mattyparanoid,
    Great review. It would be nice to see how the Treo looks in the case from the back, top, bottom and sides. Also, how far can you open the cover. How does it look when it is on your belt clip on your hip? How light is it?
    Did you buy it directily from Innopocket.com or somewhere else? Would you recommend this case to case users?

Thanks,

Al
    Not sure how much it weighs, it is light aluminum. I would venture a guess of a few ounces. Pre-Ordered directly from Innopocket with FedEx delivery. I always recommend a hard case and would recommend this one too. Pictures should answer the other questions you had.

Cheers
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    mattyparanoid,
    How far out does the Treo stick when it is on your belt? And how easy/difficult is it to remove the Treo from the case?
    Zane
    Pictures in the post above should answer your questions about sticking out on the belt. I am not allowed to carry it that way in uniform, so I installed the post and took a few pics for you guys. I carry it in my BDU pocket most times.

It is difficult enough to remove from the case that it will not fall out even when shaken upside down. However it is easy enough to remove to do a reset, which will be solved by some creative dremeling this weekend.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    Well i wanna know nothing about the case, but what program do you have for your apps page Looks cool!!!

That is ZLauncher and yes it is pretty nifty looking. The skin is the excellent Kristalin by BandiT at PalmSpirit and has been pretty heavily tweaked by myself to make it look exactly like I want it too.

ZLauncher:
    http://www.zztechs.com

Kristalin Skin for ZLauncher:
    http://www.palmspirit.com/phpmalogit...?id=510&cat=30
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Looks nice. Did you really need a picture of the fedex package?

Yeah, I pretty well geeked out on that....First Time I have ever gotten a FedEx package. I was pretty psyched. Tracked it all the way from HongKong to my house. Nifty.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Yeah, I pretty well geeked out on that....First Time I have ever gotten a FedEx package. I was pretty psyched. Tracked it all the way from HongKong to my house. Nifty.
    Cool

Are you going to keep the packaging as a memento ?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Dammit - now I need the CASE AND ZLAUNCHER - they have OS X skins!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Not sure how much it weighs, it is light aluminum. I would venture a guess of a few ounces. Pre-Ordered directly from Innopocket with FedEx delivery. I always recommend a hard case and would recommend this one too. Pictures should answer the other questions you had.

Cheers
    wOw I'm buying this case today. This is the best looking case I've ever seen made in aluminum. I always thought that leather was better, but this time aluminun looks really good on the Treo 650.

Al
    Nice looking case, but aren't you afraid you're gonna cut your face if you answer the phone with no headset?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I ordered my case today, I never had a hard case but its just plain makes sense on a $600.00 phone. I have also have tried many cases and even being a careful Treo owner –BAM-- I catch the edge of a desk of cabinet. Just today I had the phone in my hand while getting out of the car, I shut the door with the palm of my hand while holding the Treo with my fingers. The result was a glide path flight test for the Treo as it fortunately fell on a patch of grass. Plus it should keep the grit and grime out of the unit.
    I only wish they has a brushed bronze or black anodized version.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Nice looking case, but aren't you afraid you're gonna cut your face if you answer the phone with no headset?
    Nope, I have been using an aluminum case with my Treo since last year. The 600 version as well as this one have no sharp edges. I talk on it all day every day and hardly ever use a headset, except when I am in the car.

I like it better in the case as the screen doesn't get all smudged and I don't hit any keys by accident.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    This looks really nice.

Is a conventional screen protector still recommended with this case?
    Last edited by aldamon; 01/14/2005 at 09:28 AM.
    mattyparanoid,
    Do you know if this case is compatible with egrips?
    Zane
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast