Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether
    Am I the only one to notice that the cutout over the buttons on the shipped cases is different than the one pictured on their web site? Unlike on the website where it's sort of a curvy rectangle shape, on the cases their shipping, there's a wider semicircular cutout on the lower part of the cutout for the directional pad.

Compare the "Case with Fake" pic from the first message in this thread with:
    http://www.innopocket.com/web/showPr...ail.asp?ID=128

-A
    Yah, the one you get is with the curvy shape. They haven't updated their site yet. See my link above too for the seller on ebay. He has the curvy one too although the listing shows the same wrong picture as the innopocket site.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    Hope to find a better alternative soon, such as voice command with a "dial digit" mode or enabling NavPad for the virtual phone pad in the base Phone app. Don't want to hijack matty's thread, so I'll do some more searching & testing, then come back and link to a new thread on the topic.
    Suggestions welcomed here.

Nice catch on the opening being different. Glad it is; otherwise the NavPad (or DPad or whatever) would be a bear to use with your thumb.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Beautiful case. I'm very impressed with it so far. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEMT
    The 650 version (the shield over the keyboard) is exactly what I am looking for, I had debated getting the original style (I have a 600) and dremeling it.

Anybody tried to see if this works for the 600?
    You can get an Innopocket (old style) case for the Treo 600 fairly cheaply (mine was ~$20 including shipping). If you ever get a T650, you can dremel it like the original poster of this thread did. (His "side by side" pictures show what he did.) While you could dremel a cutout for the screen, you would loose the SD card storage slot inside the lid of the old-style T600 case. Innopocket also has on their website a "new style" case (my term) that already has the plexiglas area but only has a "half lid" so the keyboard and buttons are always exposed.

Here is InnoPocket's link:
    http://www.innopocket.com/web/showSu...=10018&catid=2

If you want to dremel in the plexiglas, here is the case that I bought:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20
    (Just make sure to check the seller feedback and buy from a reliable vendor. I bought from a seller identified as pdadomain and he was great.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Just got mine, and I'm very impressed with the build quality. The problem is that is nearly doubles the thickness of your phone. In the case, you really have a brick in your hands/pocket. I can't use this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNov
    ... The problem is that is nearly doubles the thickness of your phone. ...
    It is noticibly thicker, but not double. The additional thickness is about 1/3 the thickness of the Treo 600. This one of the original pictures in this thread clearly shows the additional thickness for both the Treo600 and Treo650 Innopocket cases:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/attac...achmentid=5884

The belt clip is supposedly prone to the screw coming loose or possibly breaking, so if you don't want to keep a thick case in your pocket, maybe this is not the one for you. Personally, I haven't used the belt clip yet, and yeah the case is thicker, but I don't think there currently is any better protection than this one for your treo, and this is a case that you'll leave the treo in (so it will be in the case when you drop it.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Beautiful case. I'm very impressed with it so far. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Do you really think itís impressive? Take another look at it the phone is constantly smiling at you. In the morning it lights up an play a Treo Alarm and with bright eyes laughs at me. Just look at it with those shinny button teeth.

http://www.innopocket.com/web/produc...2163319528.jpg
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Do you really think itís impressive? Take another look at it the phone is constantly smiling at you. In the morning it lights up an play a Treo Alarm and with bright eyes laughs at me. Just look at it with those shinny button teeth.

http://www.innopocket.com/web/produc...2163319528.jpg
    LOL. I use KB LightsOff so no shining smile for me
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy
    The belt clip is supposedly prone to the screw coming loose or possibly breaking, so if you don't want to keep a thick case in your pocket, maybe this is not the one for you.
    Yeah, I was a little concenred about a plastic belt clip on a metal case. Turns out it was with good reason. I broke the clip at the hinge yesterday getting out of the car. So I'm back to my Verizon 600 leather case for now while I decide whether to fix/replace the Innopocket clip. Leaning toward sticking with the Verizon case and $5 a month for insurance.
    I just received my Innopocket case for the 650 last night. I'm impressed thus far. The cut outs are all in the right places that allow hot syncs, charging, bluetooth, camera use, phone use, etc. without even opening the case. The aluminum is light weight and feels like a high grade, although it is a little shinny in appearance. It is easy for me to type on it with the front face flipped open. The case with the neoprene lining does add some bulk to the 650, but I find the size manageable and actually easier for typing since I have large hands. I also like the fact that unlike the Form fit case, there is no annoying knob for the belt clip when your not actually using a belt clip. All together, I'm very impressed and pleased with the Innopocket case for the 650. Since I can be hard on phones by placing them in my pants pocket, jacket, briefcase, etc, I really think the Innopocket case will come in handy when i have that inevitable accident.
    I was interested until I realized that this case doesn't have a locking swivel clip. I like to keep my phone horizontal, unless I'm in the car when I want it vertical (it fits better that way). If they could add that feature I'd get one for sure.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    email inpocket and they will replace the case. No questions asked. They did for me not the same issue but they stuck by their product.

Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    Yeah, I was a little concenred about a plastic belt clip on a metal case. Turns out it was with good reason. I broke the clip at the hinge yesterday getting out of the car. So I'm back to my Verizon 600 leather case for now while I decide whether to fix/replace the Innopocket clip. Leaning toward sticking with the Verizon case and $5 a month for insurance.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    I just received my Innopocket case for the 650 last night. I'm impressed thus far. The cut outs are all in the right places that allow hot syncs, charging, bluetooth, camera use, phone use, etc. ...
    All together, I'm very impressed and pleased with the Innopocket case for the 650. Since I can be hard on phones by placing them in my pants pocket, jacket, briefcase, etc, I really think the Innopocket case will come in handy when i have that inevitable accident.
    Load "Voice Dial" the demo app on your T650 software disk. Once you play with it a bit you will find it is the perfect match for the T with a hard case.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    email inpocket and they will replace the case. No questions asked. They did for me not the same issue but they stuck by their product.
    Thanks. Just e-mailed Ben Ngai. I'll let you know how it goes...
    I got this case about a week ago and I love it - I have three different cases but this is the best. I don't worry about my 650 at all anymore.
    I don't like the look of mine at all I feel like I should be in a space ship! the fit and finish is great though. I will be buying a vaja soon as someone can conferm that I don't need keyguard to keep it from ansering my phone!
    I ordered this case from PDADEN about 3 weeks ago now. I don't have the case yet, and I've emailed them twice with no response. Has anyone here ordered from PDADEN? Did you get your case? How long did it take?

Thanks,

HK

PDADEN case link
    My innopocket case finally arrived via airmail 3 weeks after ordering. PDADEN never replied to my two emails -- not very responsive. But the case is nice.

HK
    I order mine from http://www.ipaqcases.com/store/mdctr650.htm and got it in 3 days for the same price. REALLY NICE CASE. I LOVE IT.

Al
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Well, a week after breaking my belt clip and e-mailing Innopocket, I received not 1 but 2 replacement clips via air mail completely free of charge. The clip construction may not be great, but you can't beat that for customer service.

Tonight I'll take the plunge and Dremel off the bottom of the face so the keyboard is open. I just can't deal with having to flip the case open every time I want to dial a digit. I'll end up with the equivalent of a Pacific Rim case, but it was $10 cheaper, the customer service is immeasurably better, and it's not vaporware.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast