Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    This looks really nice.

Is a conventional screen protector still recommended with this case?
    Screen protectors are a personal preference IMO. I have owned a lot of Palms and can't stand them. Many Palm users won't use a Palm without them.

This case should have no bearing on your preference for or against a screen protector. The window is clear plastic and is for viewing only. You cannot use the stylus on the screen with the lid closed.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    mattyparanoid,
    Do you know if this case is compatible with egrips?
    Zane
    I have never used egrips, but I am aware of them. I would guess no, as there is a very tight clearence between the sides and back of the Treo and the case neoprene lining. In fact, there is no real clearence at all, the Treo slides tightly against the lining to cushion and protect.

You could of course apply the egrips to the outside of the case.

Lastly, the case has grips (not the same as egrips) built in where a right-handed persons palm, thumb and pinky might land when holding it in the right hand. They are nice, grippy rubber and work well IMO.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Screen protectors are a personal preference IMO. I have owned a lot of Palms and can't stand them. Many Palm users won't use a Palm without them.

This case should have no bearing on your preference for or against a screen protector. The window is clear plastic and is for viewing only. You cannot use the stylus on the screen with the lid closed.
    That's what I thought. I was able to order a BoxWave Crystal and the Innopocket case at ipaqcases.com at the same time.
    anyone receive the email about having the case airmailed last week and still not receive their case? There was no tracking number in the email, so when should I expect the case?
    I got the same email last week. I asked them about how long it would take to get here and their reply was 10-14 days using air mail.
    mattyparanoid,

How thick is the front side glass of the case? It is plastic right? Do you think it can be easily broken? Is it something that could be replacable if broken? In case of a desk corner impact on the front side glass of the case, do you think it will protect the Treo 650 screan? Just wondering if it is a good idea to keep it on the belt clip once my case arrives.

Thanks,

Al
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    mattyparanoid,

How thick is the front side glass of the case? It is plastic right? Do you think it can be easily broken? Is it something that could be replacable if broken? In case of a desk corner impact on the front side glass of the case, do you think it will protect the Treo 650 screan? Just wondering if it is a good idea to keep it on the belt clip once my case arrives.

Thanks,

Al

this is my main reason for the hard case. how can anyone carry this phone around with the face out just asking to be bounced on a corner.
    I think that if you bump it hard enough to break the front side protection glass then you have gotton your moneys worth on the phone.
    Just contacted this Ebay Seller:

http://stores.ebay.com/Global823_W0Q...enameZl2QQtZkm

$24.95 Buy It Now and $5.99 for Priority Mail.

I confirmed with them that it is the latest version shown in this thread with the larger area for the 5 Way Button and NOT the one actually shown in the picture on the listing.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    EGrips
    I use TREO600 version of this case. I have E Grips installed. I used a tin snip and some filing to remove the 2 left "tabs" on the inside of the case that hold the phone in the case. This allows me to slide the phone into the case from the side. I point the right long side of the case toward the hinges and then just pop it in.........instead of sliding it in from the top.

With the egrips it stays in there nicely....no issues. I've also not experienced any damage to my egrips.
    The 650 version (the shield over the keyboard) is exactly what I am looking for, I had debated getting the original style (I have a 600) and dremeling it.

Anybody tried to see if this works for the 600?
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by R L
    anyone receive the email about having the case airmailed last week and still not receive their case? There was no tracking number in the email, so when should I expect the case?
    It depends on which shipping method you chose. The "How to Order" page under "Support" has shipping time estimates for the different methods.

FedEx is fast. I ordered with FedEx shipping and got a tracking number Friday night as it left Hong Kong. They attempted to deliver it this morning.

Airmail is not so quick.

-A
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I've been using my Innopocket case for 4 days now (preordered & FedExed). As timing would have it, 3 of those 4 days were spent in Atlantic City. That proved to be a great field test (lots of phone use, web use, and opportunities for abuse).

Overall, I strongly agree with mattyparanoid's impressions, and I think the Innopocket is a great case. I do have several additional comments. Sorry most of them are negative, but no sense spending 3/4 of this post repeating matty's points on the positive aspects.

1) The front of the case sits off of the Treo's face a bit too much for my liking. It's nice that I don't have to use a software keyguard anymore, but on the downside, it's a little tricky to hit the home, menu, and hang-up/power buttons with my stubby thumbs. A fairly minor drawback, but a little uncomfortable.

2) Related to #1, I'm a little disappointed that the metal strip across the front separating the bottom of the screen from the button opening doesn't come close to making contact with the Treo's face. The drawback here is that the Treo's screen isn't sealed off, so dust/lint/whatever eventually collects on it even when the case isn't opened. Minor again.

3) I'm very impressed with how securely the case holds the Treo; as matty touched on, you can open the case, hold the thing upside down, and even shake it and the Treo doesn't come remotely close to falling out. However, a few days of use has loosened it up a little so that the Treo will shift vertically a small amount. This seems to be a direct result of failing to hold the top of the Treo in place while cramming a sync cable and/or charger into the jack on the bottom (thanks to P1 for the terrible cable & port design). Seems that frequently removing the Treo from the case would produce the same results.

4) Speaking of the data jack, I can't figure out why the case opening for the port extends up the back of the case roughly half an inch. My first thought was that it's need for use with a cradle, but I can't imagine that the case would fit inside a cradle anyway. My gripe here is a little complicated. I rest a finger along the bottom edge of the Treo for support when typing (esp. one-handed), and the space between the bottom of the case and the bottom of the Treo, along with the size and position of the case opening, causes the Treo's weight to make the back edge of the port dig into the side of my finger (yes, the data port's edge is sharper than the case edges). I'm sure I'll learn a different way to hold it soon enough, but I'm not sure why the opening is cut the way it is in the first place.

5) This one's the biggie for me. Feel free to file it under "duh," but I think the specific aspect I missed is tough to think of if you haven't used a KB-shielding hard case. When dealing with automatic phone systems that don't support voice recognition (voice mail systems, many businesses' main numbers), there's no way to enter touch tones without opening the case. I have no problem popping it open when needed for PDA use, heavy web surfing, etc., but I don't know if I can deal with doing so in phone mode. That's a very clumsy process. I still need to research the options, but I wanted to throw this out there for those of you who haven't used a case this protective before.

I'm sure there's a workable software solution. So far, I've only tried NavKey, and it's way too complicated even for numeric-only use. Hope to find a better alternative soon, such as voice command with a "dial digit" mode or enabling NavPad for the virtual phone pad in the base Phone app. Don't want to hijack matty's thread, so I'll do some more searching & testing, then come back and link to a new thread on the topic. If you're kind enough to suggest a util before I bother looking myself, please PM so this doesn't get too far off-topic.

Overall, I really like Innopocket's 650 case. If I can find my way around the touchtone problem, I'll be a very happy camper. If not, I might have to resort either to a different case or - aack - Dremeling the Innopcket into an open-keyboard model a la Pac Rim.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEMT
    The 650 version (the shield over the keyboard) is exactly what I am looking for, I had debated getting the original style (I have a 600) and dremeling it.

Anybody tried to see if this works for the 600?
    I don't have a 600, but I'd think it would be doable based on what I know of the 600's dimensions. As far as I know, they're identical to the 650's except that the 600 is a few millimeters narrower. This would probably give the Treo more range of motion within the case. That may become problematic if the slippage in mentioned in my previous post get worse with use, but if not, I'd think it would work fairly well with the 600.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Pete, what would you need to Dremel? Again, I don't have a 600, but all of the differences I can think of mean wider openings on the 650 (camera mirror, data/charge jack, etc.).
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I would be interested in a Pacific Rim users, how do they compare to the inpocket.
    I would also like to know from an owner of the inpocket, how do you feel about the colour of the case, is it bright shining silver ?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    I would be interested in a Pacific Rim users, how do they compare to the inpocket.
    I would also like to know from an owner of the inpocket, how do you feel about the colour of the case, is it bright shining silver ?
    The Innopocket is bright & shiny, but not to the point of chrome. It has a slight texture to it that prevents it from being that shiny. Kinda like steel alloy wheels on a car vs. chrome rims.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    Pete, what would you need to Dremel? Again, I don't have a 600, but all of the differences I can think of mean wider openings on the 650 (camera mirror, data/charge jack, etc.).

The two styles for the 600 I've seen-

"Old style" - Fully covered except for the 5 way and some have a slit for callerid. I want to be able to see the whole screen as Chatter is my primary use. This is the one I was going to dremel to widen the screen opening and see if I could add a Plexiglass window.

"New Style" - Has the Wide Screen Covering but no keyboard shield leaving the bottom half of the Treo exposed. And open to catching a desk edge in he keyboard. (with my balance, I fall more than most, so this would be a problem)
    Pete
    too bad they dont offer other colors. A nice carbon fiber finish would be very cool.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    got it today. Wow they waste no time in shipping.
    I like the security of the case. No broken screens here.
    the fit is not that great but it is reasonable. I guess you need the wiggle room to adjust for the keys.
    the case adds some size the the overall thickness. But the case slid into my pocket with No trouble its even better the with no case. So its not a concern
    belt clip sucks better than some but I hate clips.
    cut outs are too small for my hands. may to dremel for long term uses. Maybe even take of the entire keyboard cover. -no i like that part.
    Your phone will not win any beauty contest, In fact a mugger would pass on it.
    Thus it stays in the pocket. the feeling of security over rides any concerns for me.
    Am I the only one to notice that the cutout over the buttons on the shipped cases is different than the one pictured on their web site? Unlike on the website where it's sort of a curvy rectangle shape, on the cases their shipping, there's a wider semicircular cutout on the lower part of the cutout for the directional pad.

Compare the "Case with Fake" pic from the first message in this thread with:
    http://www.innopocket.com/web/showPr...ail.asp?ID=128

-A
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast