Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I just installed new version of Avantgo on my Treo 600. I was tempted by the cool screenshots (with tabs etc.) on the Avantgo website.

But on my device I so no difference what so ever between this new version and the previous one? The version number seems to be OK (5.7 build 35).

Are we low resolution screen users left in the cold or am I doing something wrong??
    Left in the cold
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101
    I just installed new version of Avantgo on my Treo 600. I was tempted by the cool screenshots (with tabs etc.) on the Avantgo website.

But on my device I so no difference what so ever between this new version and the previous one? The version number seems to be OK (5.7 build 35).

Are we low resolution screen users left in the cold or am I doing something wrong??
    Hi,

We're not left in the cold because I have this new more "graphical" interface now on my Tréo 600.
    It looks nice and the good point is that you can modify it (colors, channel sort, etc.)

The bad thing is that it slows down AvantGo significantly

I noticed that it took some "syncing" before it showed up. You might want to try and change (once) the sync preferences in AGConnect. Under "settings", ticking "Refresh all content" might help.

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonio78370
    Hi,

We're not left in the cold because I have this new more "graphical" interface now on my Tréo 600.
    It looks nice and the good point is that you can modify it (colors, channel sort, etc.)

The bad thing is that it slows down AvantGo significantly

I noticed that it took some "syncing" before it showed up. You might want to try and change (once) the sync preferences in AGConnect. Under "settings", ticking "Refresh all content" might help.

Good luck
    My treo is slow as dirt now with this new version, not to mention I can't seem to browse LIVE content anymore....it just sits there. I used to also be able to use avantgo (previous version before this one) to browse websites, but thats no longer working on this new version either.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi
    My treo is slow as dirt now with this new version, not to mention I can't seem to browse LIVE content anymore....it just sits there. I used to also be able to use avantgo (previous version before this one) to browse websites, but thats no longer working on this new version either.
    Hi,

I remarked the same thing. The new version doesn't seem to notice if it is on line or not.

What I normally do is reload the first page (Once AvantGo is loaded) and after that it works

Hope this works for you
    I loaded v5.7.35 on Dec 21 as a result of an e-mail sent to me from Avantgo. I can't determine if Avantgo 05 is newer (can't find a version number on their web site.) Anyone know what version it is?

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I loaded v5.7.35 on Dec 21 as a result of an e-mail sent to me from Avantgo. I can't determine if Avantgo 05 is newer (can't find a version number on their web site.) Anyone know what version it is?

Tks
    Hi,

If you have 5.7.35, you've got the latest.

You can also check on your Tréo, in the "About" screen it should say Version 5.7 build 35 and you're OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonio78370
    Hi,

If you have 5.7.35, you've got the latest.

You can also check on your Tréo, in the "About" screen it should say Version 5.7 build 35 and you're OK.

Tks Tonio78370
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Look under account settings tab and click wireless settings, check enable wireless settings. In other words kids, RTFM!
    I already use WebPro (Blazer) on my Treo650, no real for avantgo on this device as memory is limited anyway. I did put 05 on my T3 and the biggest difference was full support for the 320 x 480 screen.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Look under account settings tab and click wireless settings, check enable wireless settings. In other words kids, RTFM!

Unfortunately the latest version has a bug making it almost impossible to do a hotsync and have it load data to your card. The previous version worked.
    AvantGo is nice in that it will preload a number of web sites specific for mobile display. You can then read it anywhere, even where phone service is unavailable. (i.e. airplane)
    I like avantgo, but I can't get it to recognize my card. I like the ability to preload 3-5 megs so that I can something if I'm stuck waiting for something. Unfortunately, until they fix the card, I can't use it since I want to have ~6 megs left on the 650 to prevent crashes. Once they fix it, I'll be very happy with it, especially if I can set it up to only sync wirelessly. My original complaint with avantgo was that it took too long on most syncs to do its work, so if I was in a hurry, my hotsyncs would take forever.

I still use Handmark express for news, since I haven't found a good channel alternative in avantgo and the express interface is much more streamlined...
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Go to Server Prefs in AvantGo and turn card on.
    Now you can sync wirelessly if you wish and it will load on to the card.
    Unfortunately it won't do this with hotsync so you're using data plan.
    But it doesn't work for me for some reason, I can turn on the card option, but can't select a card... Weird, and annoying...
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!