Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I just got a Treo 650 and I'm trying to syncronize it with Outlook 2002 on my PC (WinXP Pro SP2), but it won't sync the Calendar, Contacts or Tasks. Everything else syncs ok. The log file has a bunch of OLERR error numbers in it. I'll paste it below. One additional thing that might be important is that when ever I close Outlook now, an error message pops up saying "File not found: DVZAddin.dll". Could this missing file be the problem? Any ideas? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail.

Thanks!
    -Jacob

The HotSync Log follows:

OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:11-0003 (0xd0740201)
    OLERR:03-0001
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    OLERR:11-0003 (0xd4940201)
    OLERR:04-0002
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:01-0001
    Outlook Tasks
    OLERR:11-0003 (0xd8b40201)
    OLERR:0E-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    The conduits were unable to attach to Outlook, possibly because the logon was canceled or otherwise failed. Synchronization failed.
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x0)
    OLERR:0D-0003
    - Not Synchronized
    OK Outlook Notes with 1 message(s)

-- Backing up CarrierProfiles2 to K:\Program Files\palmOne\jacobh\Backup\CarrierProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up Tetris Prefs to K:\Program Files\palmOne\jacobh\Backup\Tetris_Prefs.PDB
    -- Backing up Messages Database to K:\Program Files\palmOne\jacobh\Backup\Messages_Database.PDB
    -- Backing up NetworkProfiles2 to K:\Program Files\palmOne\jacobh\Backup\NetworkProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up Blazer Cookies to K:\Program Files\palmOne\jacobh\Backup\Blazer_Cookies.PDB
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to K:\Program Files\palmOne\jacobh\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Graffiti ShortCuts to K:\Program Files\palmOne\jacobh\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts.PRC
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to K:\Program Files\palmOne\jacobh\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up Queries to K:\Program Files\palmOne\jacobh\Backup\Queries.PDB
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 01/12/05 18:37:23

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Device Name: Treo 650 (Sprint)
    Desktop Computer Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Desktop computer brand and model number: P4 3.2 ghz with 1 gig ram
    Desktop Personal Information Manager: Palm Desktop v4.1.4 Win
    How is your device connected to your computer: USB
    Wireless service provider: Sprint PCS
    Have you downloaded the updated Outlook conduit?

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...daterv102.html
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Yes, I've downloaded and ran that. Didn't seem to have any effect.
    you calendar, contacts, & tasks are probably corrupt. Some of those were synced over from a previous Treo right? They don't play well together. The ONLY way I know how to fix it is to complegtely DELETE all above databases with "files". including datebook, phonebook & to do entries. ALL of them. You have to make sure evrything is on your desktop first & set hotsync to desktop overwrite handheld. Same thing happend to me & there was NO other option. I hadn't synced my contatcs the first month I owned it!! You can use an app called ezmaintain (search on palmgear) to select certain files to beam over to desktop (contacts only)...
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Did you think they must be corrupt in the Treo or in Outlook?

I haven't really put anything on the Treo yet. The calendar in the Treo is empty, the Task List in the Treo is empy, the Contacts in the Treo has a few contacts in it. I tried the "Desktop overwrites handheld" option for the calendar, but it still came up with an error message and woudln't syncronize. The error message did look a bit different after I did that though... the log said this:

"
    Outlook Calendar
    The selected source folder [Personal Folders\Calendar] was not found in Outlook. Synchronization will be performed with the default source folder [Personal Folders\Calendar].
    OLERR:11-0003 (0xd2840201)
    OLERR:03-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    "

Maybe it's having a problem finding the folders somehow? I think I'm just using the default folders though...

-Jacob
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    No other suggestions?
    My suggestion is to rename on the computer you are syncing to the profile name - in my case, my profile name is "ben clinger" - so I renamed it to "old ben clinger" and moved it to a different folder. I then started up the palm desktop again and created a new user using the same name (possible because the old ben clinger was moved). Anyway, it has to create everything new. Before doing the hotsync, I also had it set to device overwrite desktop with the address book, memo, to do, et cetera. This ensures that nothing on the device is lost. I also set it to make the default on all of those to "device overwrites desktop." Ben
    Remove the folder that the outlook conduit puts in your pst file and resync. It should be in your folder list in outlook.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scorch968
    Remove the folder that the outlook conduit puts in your pst file and resync. It should be in your folder list in outlook.
    I don't see any new folders in Outlook... Maybe this is another symptom of the problem?

What should this folder be called?
    Delete ALL PIM databases on Treo!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh
    One additional thing that might be important is that when ever I close Outlook now, an error message pops up saying "File not found: DVZAddin.dll". Could this missing file be the problem? Any ideas? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail.
    That error means that DataVis Docs to Go is not completely installed. It sounds like your multiple attempts to install have corrupted some files. The dll file is necessary to run programs in Windows, as DataVis runs on the desktop as well as on the Palm device.

Also, I don't think that during the installation of the Palm Desktop you specified outlook for your hotsync. If everything else is running as it should be launch the Sprint installation CD and select: change the way my Treo sync's, select outlook as your conduit for calendar, contacts, notes, and tasks.

The last time I corrupted my installation I had to reformat my laptop to get it to work. Let's hope you don't go that far.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    This same thing just happened to me. Found the fix on the Blackberry support site from
    RIM of all places.

In Outlook, go to Help->About then click on Detect and Repair from the about screen.

After 3 days of banging my head against the wall, this simple thing fixed it.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I got it working! Thanks everyone!

I actually tried using an inbox repair tool prior to this, and it didn't seem to help. Basically what I ended up doing was creating a completely new outlook file (I renamed my old one so that Outlook would ask me if I wanted to create a new one when it started up). Then I tried syncing with my empty .pst file, and it worked! So I then imported all the data from my old .pst file into the new one, synced again, and everything was great! Thanks everyone for your suggestions! It was the suggestions here that put me on the right track.

Thanks,
    Jacob H.
    I tried this too...it didn't work for me. I cannot get my Treo to sync with Outlook. It used to just fine...then last week I just got the OLERR. Now I cannot complete a hotsync. I need HELP!!!
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    I tried this too...it didn't work for me. I cannot get my Treo to sync with Outlook. It used to just fine...then last week I just got the OLERR. Now I cannot complete a hotsync. I need HELP!!!

yeah, i'm having the same issue. Was working fine this morning, then 8 hours later it doesn't work.

Mine only messes up for Outlook Calendar though:

Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:05-0013
    OLERR:05-000F
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:05-001D
    OLERR:0D-0048
    - Recovery Sync

Everything else, Tasks, Contacts, Notes backs up just fine.

The problem I have now is that initially to try to fix this I set it to handheld overwrites desktop, and now all the Calendar events on my desktop outlook are gone. They are only stored on the phone now, So i can't use the earlier suggestion someone mentioned of erasing the db from the phone and re-creating it.

What should I do???
    I've had this error and was finally able to get it fixed by uninstalling both Outlook and Palm Desktop and then re-installing both. Never touched the handheld. Used all the same .pst files, back-up files - never deleted anything past the programs.
    OK...I've had it. I'm officially peeved at the 650. I've tried everything to get a sync. Yes, I've searched the forums and did everything everyone has suggested. Phone is off. Enable time is off. Removed all recurring events. Removed all Linked events. Renamed Outlook data base and started with a new one. Uninstalled Outlook and Desktop and reinstalled. I ran "fixmapi" from the start run menu. I've run outlook.exe /resetfolders from the start run menu. I deleted all of the MMIDCache files (numbered 0-7), deleted Multimail Disconnect, deleted MultiMail Attachments, deleted MultiMail Messages, Delete these from backup folder as well, Then - I installed the update to Outlook conduits from Palmone.com (v1.02), Then - I turned Versamail in the Hotsync custom to "Do Nothing". Still I CANNOT SYNC!!!! Please help!!!!
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    I have a problem that is even worse. I cannot even sync at all. Every now and tehn, it works fine, but about 95% of the time when I try and hot sync it syas that there is an unreconised USB device and will not do anything.
    Not very helpful, but here's a link from the palmone site:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...m_External2001
    Yes, I found that link as well (thanks for the pointer, though!). So I went ahead and bought the $50!!!! program from Chapura....still would not sync! Same problem. So I ended up with a Hard Reset (TWICE!!!), a doubling of ALL my contacts, todos, AND calendar events (thank God I don't use Notes), which then used all the memory on the Treo, which then set it into a continuous reset loop, which required that I system reset it (no Undupe wouldn't work either), then I manually removed all the doubles, and sync'd again, which would not take, so I Hard Reset AGAIN!!!! But now it is working (for a few hours at least). This is my first major problem with the Treo, and I was NOT a happy camper.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast