Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uribudnik
    regarding the no auto-complete for the to field for snapper mail. it does have it and i use it all the time.

when entering a name in the to, cc or bcc fields you can do a look up from your address book by hitting the space bar. you can enter the search string just like when you are looking for a phone number: e.g. first name, last name, first initial & last name. and you don't need to enter the complete name either, just enough to discriminate from the other entries.

so for example, if you are composing an email to jack smith; in the to field you can enter "jsmi" or "jac" or "smi" and snapper will bring up a list of all your contacts that match.

i find this a very usefule feature.

and, on the snapper vs versa mail; the reason i stayed with snapper mail when i moved up to the 650 is that i need to be able to send email from several pop accounts and this was not possible from versa mail. i like sending my personal mail out from my personal accnt and my work email from that account.
    That's more of an auto lookup helper or something. I was talking about one that would guess the rest of the enrty and highlight that in yellow and then keep adjusting itself to the input.

try the versamail autocomplete or the autocomplete in the built in address book under the "company" enrty for another example and to raise the bar even more, how about a list that pops up when you tap the "to" field; in Snapper, that would be cool, just like the native SMS app. You tap "TO" and the last 10 people are there and there is also a choice for lookup.

I guess your example may be an autocomplete, not not what I was hoping for.
    Thanks for the help though
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    That's more of an auto lookup helper or something. I was talking about one that would guess the rest of the enrty and highlight that in yellow and then keep adjusting itself to the input.
    yeah, you are right, its autolookup, not autocomplete; but it is almost as good if not better. what happened is i read your post wrong and thought you meant that there was not way to automatically insert names from the address book.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    how about a list that pops up when you tap the "to" field; in Snapper, that would be cool, just like the native SMS app. You tap "TO" and the last 10 people are there and there is also a choice for lookup.
    that would be a nice feature in there. i use it in the sms app all the time. hopefully somefrom fron snapper mail monitors this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmm12210
    Versamail worked great for me right up until I installed verichat. Now it just restarts my Treo. Something to keep in mind.
    No conflicts between versamail and verichat for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    For the Versamail users among you, I have a question. Is there a way to select one or more messages for action (like deleting them) without using the stylus? The only way I can find to select a subset of all messages is to tap on that little circle to the left of the sender.

If it's necessary to use the stylus for this, that's a major interface screw-up on the Treo, and a major advantage to Snapper Mail.

Thanks,
    When you do an up/down while pressing the option/cmd/blue key? (I'm not sure what it is called) it will flip the check on each message.
    How do you guys use versamail?? It crashes my 650 every time I open it...are you guys using it with IMAP? Versamail is too unstable & Snappermail for IMAP is too expensive. Anybody have any other alternatives?? It looks like I'm goin' to Chatter or I'm goin' to switch to POP3. . . .recommendations for free POP3 email clients?
    Quote Originally Posted by TimPhillips
    When you do an up/down while pressing the option/cmd/blue key? (I'm not sure what it is called) it will flip the check on each message.
    Nice tip
    Also, to select a message without the stylus, scroll to it with up/down on the 5 way and when you are on it push the 5 way right. this will select it (check mark) and bring up a right-click type options menu.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Ditto to peery_rob's comment. That's what I did when using VM (now on Snapper). Nice tip on the up/down, too.
    Shasta (Treo 650)
    Unless I am missing something, I don't like VersaMail because:
    [1] I can't check ALL email accounts with one action
    [2] I can't view all new email (regardless of which account it came to) on one screen.

These may be idiosyncracies of how I use my treo, but if VersaMail could do both of these, I'd bag Snappermail...

(Also, it's been a while since I tried it -- does VersaMail allow direct connecting to Blazer for URLs received in emails?)
    Hi. I amvery new to this whole email pda thing but I did try versa mail and snapper mail and thought I would share my experiances here. I have no problem with versamail crashing. It is free. And I am running verichat. However I did try a trial of Snappermail and using IMAP it was a lot faster that versamail. Versamail retrives so slow for me it is actually aggravaiting. Perahps there is something I am doing wrong? Because I am very tempted to purchase snappermail (even at the high cost) to avoid waiting for 20 minutes for my email (subject headings only even) to download.
    Quote Originally Posted by uribudnik
    i need to be able to send email from several pop accounts and this was not possible from versa mail. i like sending my personal mail out from my personal accnt and my work email from that account.
    I don't understand what you're missing. Versamail has support for multiple accounts, and it uses the currently visible account for sending mail.

To send mail from your personal account, select your personal account before you create a new message. To send mail from your work account, select your work account before creating a new message. It works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    Unless I am missing something, I don't like VersaMail because:
    [1] I can't check ALL email accounts with one action
    [2] I can't view all new email (regardless of which account it came to) on one screen.

Also, it's been a while since I tried it -- does VersaMail allow direct connecting to Blazer for URLs received in emails?
    These two complaints are definitely justified. It's great that a count of unread messages appears in launcher and the agenda calendar view, but it's only from the last account accessed in Versamail.

Versamail needs a heads-up view. It should list all accounts and their read/unread message counts, then the icons that appear in the launcher and agenda should reflect the total figures.

The heads-up view should also include a "Get all" button to get new mail in all accounts, and an an online/offline toggle to enable and disable auto-sync for all accounts in one shot.

Does palmOne even have a feedback form for this kind of thing?

As for clickable URLs in Versamail: E-mail addresses, web addresses, and even phone numbers are all clickable in Versamail and open in the appropriate app.
    I've also tried AgendusMail (as part of the AgendusPro package). Same complaints as VersaMail. (I can't remember now if you can check all accounts with one action, but to determine if you have new mail, you have to navigate through an overly-long directory tree . Very annoying....
    If ChatterEmail is used in "online" mode (i.e. push), all accounts/folders are synced in real-time, of course. And folders with new mail are marked for easy viewing. (Sorry to interrupt the Snapper vs. Versa thread...)

Marc
    Previously I used Snapper on my 600, read all the stuff about Versamail being buggy but thought it was probably users "mis-using" it. Used VM for two days, but after 115 messages that were supposed to be deleted came boomeranging back...again, enough of that junk. Back to Snapper for me.

The one thing I really thought was nice about VM was the small font set up. Can some of you newer Snapper users tell me, if new/improved versions of Snapper include anything like that? I'm currently using version 1.9.4.01
    Quote Originally Posted by taointn
    but after 115 messages that were supposed to be deleted came boomeranging back...again, enough of that junk. Back to Snapper for me.
    That is what was the final straw for me too...LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by taointn
    The one thing I really thought was nice about VM was the small font set up. Can some of you newer Snapper users tell me, if new/improved versions of Snapper include anything like that? I'm currently using version 1.9.4.01
    I can't remember how many font sizes you can choose from on version 1.9.4.01, but version 2.1.0.01 has 3 sizes -- small, medium (default), and large.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi
    I am still trying out Versamail, simply because it integrates with the phone screen, but I have odd issues with it. It will always give me messages about "last get operation failed", at which point it just stops trying. Also, a lot of the time I want to read an email I received earlier in the day and it's just gone, never to be found again. I have no idea whre they go. With snappermail this never, ever happened to me.

i get the same "last get operation failed"..anyone else have problems?
    I tried chatter and it is really great...Efficient, nice UI similar to my desktop email program Eudora.. However I REALLY noticed my battery dropping like a rock compared to my normal (relatively heavy) use..

Anybody else have this problem?
    An update to a previously posted message I left 9 days ago. Used SM on my 600. When I got the 650, I really wanted to use Versamail, since it was in ROM. I got frustrated though over the "returning" email messages and went back to Snapper. But I decided to give VM another chance. After being a little bit patient, and working with it, I finally discovered the "differences". VM just handles mail differently than SM when it comes to pulling stuff off the server and knowing what it's already pulled off. I think they're both great programs and I'm now using VM. I like the small fonts on VM better than SM, and now that I don't have a bazillion messages coming back, VM and I are such good friends. Checking multiple accounts is a bit more tasking, but redefine the SMS button to get mail, and it convenient steps through accounts... seems to auto-get just fine.
    cschmelz - Depending on when you tried Chatter, battery life may have improved considerably.

Marc
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast