Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

1st off.. Shadowmite you rock!

I followed the instructions on <your site> and it worked perfectly.

Now my phone sounds as good as a Motorola.

Thanks again!

Steve
    We love our phones but after so many conversations filled with "huh?", "what?", "can you repeat that?" we were just about ready to return our SECOND phones for a refund! Much to my husband's amazement I found this patch so we applied it to both of our phones thinking how much worse could it be but we found out...it is AWESOME!

With patches like this we're going to finally have a high dollar phone instead of a $5.00 POS!!

Shadowmite you are amazing, thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by txdoodah; 01/12/2005 at 07:51 PM.
    I applied the patch and tested the sound by using my voicemail. It definitely does sound better! The audio level is toned down and much smoother than before. With my headset, it almost as clear as a landline phone. Thanks to Shadowmite and the Treocentral community!
    Well I listened to sprint dumbnitians and returned my phone for another one, not suprised to still have the mic problem, so I am probably going to install the patch now.. glad to hear it's working!

BTW, thanks for making this thread because there are lots of people who will now easily find a correct, working answer for this fugged up PalmOne problem!
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    1. Installed it on my Treo. Sounds good/excellent.
    2. Did not install it on my wife's Treo. Sounds good/excellent.
    3. Installed it on my wife's Treo. Sounds good/excellent.
    4. Confused as ever......
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    what is the sound patch called?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    Visit shadowmite dot com
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    I did some testing as well before and after and had a huge improvement. I also used the "slimmer" ROM that shadowmite created and gained back some space in RAM. Way to go shadowmite!!!
    I applied this patch but I'm not noticing any difference, anyone know if I successfully applied the patch?
    The patch was actually written and released by P1 (althouhgh not publically...it wwas leaked to the public on this board). Not to take credit from Shadowmite, who did a fabulous job of customizing the program selection contained in the patch ROM. He should be working for P1!!

Now if only P1 and Sprint would admit the sound issue and release an official patch.....
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    See this thread. No, don't just see it, READ IT!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66518

This sound 'patch' is a complete ROM upgrade. If you do it wrong, it will kill your 650. Not even a hard reset will bring it back. Lot's of people have done it successfully, but make sure you understand what you're doing before you attempt it. Be sure you follow the instructions exactly. And be sure you're willing to accept the risk of making a mistake.

I'm probably going to 'do' mine, so I'm not recommending against it. Just be careful.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    The patch was actually written and released by P1 (althouhgh not publically...it wwas leaked to the public on this board). Not to take credit from Shadowmite, who did a fabulous job of customizing the program selection contained in the patch ROM. He should be working for P1!!

Now if only P1 and Sprint would admit the sound issue and release an official patch.....
    Agreed, I should update my site I guess to make sure people understand the sound patch is a palm employees work. It would take me a year or two to accomplish what that employee did for us. The only thing I did was take what was released and find a way to use it to further our understanding of the 650 and it's rom format. The fact that a zip file is used is quite interesting considering the 600 used some weird format we are still working on.

Installing the sound update is quite simple and has minimal risk. The real risk is only if you decide to "modify" the rom image by yourself or with my tool. I am working on a recovery method that will fix any dead phone via a SD card but that is a ways off and depends on our cracking the bootloader auto-restore protocol.
    I did the rom update, but now I can't install the sprint recommended car kit blue tooth. they said to install it regardless, if you have car bluetooth or not, is the rom preventing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by krs71
    I did the rom update, but now I can't install the sprint recommended car kit blue tooth. they said to install it regardless, if you have car bluetooth or not, is the rom preventing it?
    It was a unforseen side effect of the new rom release. Download a version of that update that works on the new rom from my site,

www.shadowmite.com/bt-update.prc
    was on web site and cant find rom 3 patch can i get a little more unfo i all ready have the call durastion patch which also keeps the ## features working is this the same patch<
    joel
    Shadowmite, thanks a million for your hard work. I did the thingy last night, with your tool, and also put in snappermail and handzipper lite, but somehow they didn't show in rom. I went thru the whole procedure as you wrote in the read me file that came with the tool, and even checked to see if SM & HZL are in the rom file before I did the rom update. anything?
    I would love to try this patch but I am afraid that I'll screw it up badly. Has anyone posted very clear directions on how to do this. I did see the instructions on Shadowmite.com but as someone who is not that technical I would love to have an even clearer step-by-step.
    the directions on how to install are very clear on shadowmites website.....

Shadowmite....how do I confirm that the voice patch is working, I haven't really noticed any difference plus, it seems to be worse than before....again thank you for your assistance and great work...keep it up
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjocanadian
    I would love to try this patch but I am afraid that I'll screw it up badly. Has anyone posted very clear directions on how to do this. I did see the instructions on Shadowmite.com but as someone who is not that technical I would love to have an even clearer step-by-step.
    Check out this thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=69137
    I installed the ROM #3 and it is working wonderfully. First call I did after install, my daughter said I sounded much better. I was not having as bad a problem as some people, but was getting some cutting out and hard to understand at times. W/o the sound patch (and knowing about the problem from reading TC) I probably would have returned my phone thinking I had a bad unit.

Also installed the dialer patch that restored the call duration etc. Also works great.

Shadowmite really needs to be on P1's payroll. If he and the engeenier that created the original Sound Patch could work together, the results would be amazing. She probably has more working knowledge of the inner-workings of the 650, but Shadowmite knows what the real users need and want in addition to great tech abilities.

Long may Shadowmite.com waive.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast