Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Based on the feedback, I'm interested in trying out the voice patch ROM, but I'm a little nervous about how these custom ROMS are going to interact(or not interact) with Sprint's upcoming memory fix/ROM updates. Shadowmite, could you maybe shed some light on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Shadowmite, thanks a million for your hard work. I did the thingy last night, with your tool, and also put in snappermail and handzipper lite, but somehow they didn't show in rom. I went thru the whole procedure as you wrote in the read me file that came with the tool, and even checked to see if SM & HZL are in the rom file before I did the rom update. anything?
    Did you do the hard reset after flashing the new rom? Without that it won't load.

---------

jasparks, I've tried to answer that one before, the honest answer is no one knows. I believe the bluetooth update was released way to close to the rom patches and that it's not working was a unexpected side effect. I believe they will make any update work with these custom flashed phones, but I can't promise anything.
    Sure, I did it when it told me to do it. then made a hotsync, I saw snappermail, but thought it was the one that I put in the rom zip, but it's not, it's from the hotsync.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite

jasparks, I've tried to answer that one before, the honest answer is no one knows. I believe the bluetooth update was released way to close to the rom patches and that it's not working was a unexpected side effect. I believe they will make any update work with these custom flashed phones, but I can't promise anything.
    Fair enough...thanks for your candor and all the effort you've put into these ROM's/patches. Much appreciated.
    Shadowmite is a true Palm hero, but I think that if he worked at PalmOne he wouldn't be able to do any of the cool things he has done for us... so, long live the independent Shadowmite! :P

And btw.. restoring roms from SD? WHOA. Now THAT sounds amazing. Godspeed!
    Another successful rom update. To those of you still nervous about it, relax. It's so easy to do and the instructions couldn't be any clearer. Shadowmite appears to really know what he's doing. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I just updated my Treo 650 with Shadowmite ROM #3. I love it! It works great! I followed the instructions on Shadowmite's website and everything worked perfectly. I use BackupBuddy, so after everything was complete, I restored my Treo from the SD card. Excellent work Shadowmite.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12