1.    #1  
    Call Notes 2.0 just released. This is a major rework to turn Call Notes into a browser and an editor for your Treo phone call log. Call Notes lets you:
    • Quickly access recent call entries and attach descriptive notes to calls.
    • Browse phone call history by person as well as by time, simply by selecting a contact.
    • See the total number of calls for each contact in your contacts list.

You can view call entries with notes both on your Treo in the Call Notes application and on your PC with Palm Desktop or Microsoft Outlook.

More info and download at www.handwave.com.
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    Jim,

My registration number from the previous version does not work. Is there a charge for the upgrade?
    Jim,

I've also seen an issue which causes Call Notes II to reset the Treo (Verizon CDMA Treo 600). I can successfully open CN II, but when I exit (using the home button), then immediately open CN II again, it resets the device.

If I open a different program, then return to CN II, it resets as well. It seems to always reset when opening the program for a second time.
  5.    #5  
    PabloTX,

Yikes! Send me an email to support@handwave.com, and we'll chase it down. Do you have other applications which use access the Treo Call Log?

Thanks,

Jim Anderson
    Handwave
    Jim,

I'm getting ready to head out, but will email you this evening. The only other apps (that I can think of) that write to the contact database are Mapopolis (writes to Custom 1), and potentially mp3ringer (which supposedly writes to the contact database for custom ringtones for individual callers). I'm just demoing mp3ringer, and just uninstalled it along with the new version of Call Notes, so I'm not too familiar with that product.

I'll reinstall Call Notes II and let you know if the results are any different.

Here are the other apps I have installed:

1stAid
    2Day
    4Cast
    Adobe Reader
    BackupBuddyVFS
    Battery Dr.
    Butler
    CallNotes
    Card Export II
    Checklist
    EzFTP
    FileZ
    Mapopolis
    MMPlayer
    MovieRec
    pTunes
    Qset
    SnapperMail
    SoundRec
    SplashID
    SplashPhoto
    Technician
    Tipsy
    Today
    Uninstall

But if there's much of a cost for upgrading, I'll forego the upgrade and continue to use the older version as it works fine, and $10 was a bit of a stretch for this type of an app for me, and $25 is far too much, IMO.
    Jim,

I trust that paid users of Call Notes 1.2 will get a free upgrade?
    What is the upgrade policy for registered users.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    What is the upgrade policy for registered users.
    Registered users will get a free upgrade. We had to change the registration algorithm because new implementation technology was used.

There is a new 2.1 release at www.handwave.com that fixes a memory problem and a too short trial period problem. I believe the memory problem is the one PabloTX encountered on his Treo 600, although we haven't synched up yet on whether 2.1 fixes his problem. Strange, Call Notes 2.0 was tested on Treo 650 and that problem didn't show up, but it did when I tested on a Tungsten C (fooled into thinking it was a phone).

Jim Anderson
    Handwave
    Quote Originally Posted by jim anderson
    Registered users will get a free upgrade. We had to change the registration algorithm because new implementation technology was used.

There is a new 2.1 release at www.handwave.com that fixes a memory problem and a too short trial period problem. I believe the memory problem is the one PabloTX encountered on his Treo 600, although we haven't synched up yet on whether 2.1 fixes his problem. Strange, Call Notes 2.0 was tested on Treo 650 and that problem didn't show up, but it did when I tested on a Tungsten C (fooled into thinking it was a phone).

Jim Anderson
    Handwave
    How do we get our new registration code?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    How do we get our new registration code?
    Dutch,

I just sent your code (twice) to your fusemail address -- both bounced back with "550 Email address was not found". What do you suggest?

Jim Anderson
    Handwave
    Quote Originally Posted by jim anderson
    Dutch,

I just sent your code (twice) to your fusemail address -- both bounced back with "550 Email address was not found". What do you suggest?

Jim Anderson
    Handwave
    Got it at yahoo. Thanks!! Not sure why that bounced?!?!
    Jim,

That appeared to fix my problem. Thanks.
  14.    #14  
    Thanks to jjennings for reporting a couple of problems related to deleting call log entries and occasional non-saved notes. There is version 2.2 which fixes these problems at www.handwave.com.

Jim Anderson
    Handwave