Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ahh, yes it does. I guess it blended in with the header stuff that I wasn't paying attention to. Maybe a different color might help me see it? :-)

Also, is anyone else running into the timezone problem I have? All of my messages are listed as one hour in the future (as compared to viewing on my PC). I mentioned it before and got no response. Is it something I have messed up on my Treo? Other apps and the setting in preferences seems OK.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjv
    I did not really explain myself to well. It is not a frozen state (I mean it is not the same thing as when the Treo is trying to sign on to the data network Treo 650 / Sprint), but it does not seem to be willing to go online anymore and also get the interesting envelope behaviour. Only a soft reset will resolve the issue.
    I've been having the same problem as pkjv, which began several builds back (sorry that I can't remember which one, but using 18.5 now). When I go into the elevator in my building, my Treo loses the signal (as usual) but it gets stuck "Connecting" to GPRS after I leave the elevator and the signal is back. It'll freeze for a minute and then ask me whether Chatter should continue trying to reconnect. If I say no, the phone unfreezes and works fine EXCEPT for GPRS, but a soft reset fixes everything. (I'm using T-Mobile on a GSM 600, btw.) I'm pretty sure this was at least precipitated by a recent Chatter build, as I haven't installed anything at all in the past couple months (been very busy!) apart from latest builds of Chatter. Anyway, it's not a huge deal, but it means I'm resetting my Treo at least twice a day. Any thoughts?
    I have been getting the GPRS login lockup and looping for a little while. It used to happen vary rarely where it would get into the loop of trying to log in. I couldn't do anything until either Chatter or Verichat (instant messaging) gave up on trying to get logged in, or I did a soft reset.

I posted a message to the Chatter discussion a few weeks back, but no one else seemed to be having the same problem. I am on Tmobile GSM.

I thought it might be related to my running the wrong firmware. I had previously upgraded to firmware which showed up as Treo600-1.12-ROW, which was before the "Tmobile firmware" was released. So, yestereday I installed the CROW firmware which is endorsed by Tmobile. That was a bit of a pain, but I finally got it. It shows up as Treo600-1.12-INT.

I haven't had the re-login loop error, but today when I was at the gym and lost signal, my GPRS stopped working. It was connected and had the green arrows, but Chatter, Verichat and Blazer can't connect to anything. I turned off wireless and then turned it back on and that didn't help. I even tried to change from "T-Mobile Internet" to "T-Mobile VPN", but that didn't help (it used to make a difference sometimes).

Just now I did a soft reset and things are going OK. It would be nice if this infernal machine would just work sometimes. I hate having to play around with all this voodoo stuff to get the networking to go. I have no clue what is causing the problems -- it coulde be Tmobile, the firmware, or even an out of wack program -- but it is stupid to have to soft reset it every few days to get the networking back.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Small interface issue....

There is now an "Up to Mailbox Popup" option, which is great, but could you also add a "Down to New Message Button" option as well? I sort Folder view with most recent at the bottom, and I'd like Down to stop at the last (most recent) message rather than continue to the "New" button.

Thanks.
  5.    #65  
    plaut - That should happen in the latest version (or maybe it's the one I'm about to release...)

Marc
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    plaut - That should happen in the latest version (or maybe it's the one I'm about to release...)
    Just installed 1.0b18.6 and Down still selects the New button at the bottom of the Folder view (irrespective of the sort order or whether "Up to Mailbox Popup" is set).
  7.    #67  
    Ah, ok.

-m
    Feature request, Marc (please please?)

Is there a way (API?) that would let Chatter connect and disconnect a properly installed VPN (one that registers to the VPN panel, I mean)?

It would be amazing when setting Chatter to quicksync every 30 mins, say, that:
    1. Chatter connects the VPN
    2. Performs the quicksync
    3. Disconnects the VPN

It would be great if Connect VPN and Disconnect VPN could be added to the menus like Versamail, but automatic operation would be the best.
    Jeff

Motorola StarTac => Cingular Treo 270 => Sprint Treo 600 => Sprint Treo 650 => Sprint Treo 700p
  9.    #69  
    I'm really not sure how that's done. I'll look into it, though.

Marc
    I have been running into some strange behavior recently. Maybe for several weeks. I run BackupMan to backup my system to SD card. It runs at 3am normally so that it doesn't bother me.

But, lots of times after I get up in the morning I notice that my Treo doesn't say I have any mail. I am an important guy, so I always get mail overnight. :-) It's usually because I get up late... But, anyway, I turn on the Treo, press the center button to de-activate keyguard. Suddenly BackupMan starts backing things up. Once it is finished, usually Chatter notifies me I have a message or two.

Not sure what is happening, but it appears one or both apps are being blocked in some way.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    If I have a datebook alarm go off and I don't click OK, then Chatter doesn't notify me of new email until I click OK on the datebk alarm notice. I just tried it and heard a weird beeping or something, as if Chatter started to play the notify sound, but that was it.

I use Datebk5 and have tried using it to handle alarms, but the results aren't really any different. Actually, I think it blocks even more and doesn't use the Treo alert system.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
  12.    #72  
    Sim -

A big problem with the Palm OS is that an alarm blocks everything in the system from operating. There is an optional system for preventing that, but Palm themselves don't always use it (e.g. datebook). I'm adding timed alerts right now (a nice feature, if I do say so), but I don't know of any way of getting rid of ones put up by other apps.

My gripe is with SMS; when I get one, my Treo becomes "stuck"...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Sim -

A big problem with the Palm OS is that an alarm blocks everything in the system from operating. There is an optional system for preventing that, but Palm themselves don't always use it (e.g. datebook). I'm adding timed alerts right now (a nice feature, if I do say so), but I don't know of any way of getting rid of ones put up by other apps.

My gripe is with SMS; when I get one, my Treo becomes "stuck"...

Marc
    Well, I don't use SMS anymore. I do recall that wasn't done very well either. Is there a replacement for the datebook alarm system which does things in a non-blocking way?

There are way too many built-in things that don't work very well... I have just about replaced every built-in app. Now I just need to replace Palm OS.

I guess I might as well use the Datebk5 alarm handling. At least it had all of the snooze options and stuff like that.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    I just installed the new version b19, and verified that it doesn't appear to remove Datebk5 alerts. I forgot I had switched to that.

It did remove the built-in datebook alert. The screen went off and then a little while later it beeped and the screen went back on and then timed out. I guess that is normal behaviour... It beeped again and came on a a while later... I guess those are reminder beeps because it has been converted to an item for the alert manager.

I sent myself an email and Chatter properly popped up the dialog.

This is really cool. Yay! Boy, I didn't think I would get a fix for the problem so fast. There maybe could be more configuration options, but it is pretty awesome already.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    AlertKiller with DateBK5 on my Treo 600 doesn't kill DateBk5's alerts.
    This is a great idea, so I hope Marc can get it to work!
    Thanks,
    Wayne
  16.    #76  
    Sorry to be so stupid, but what is DateBK5, and where can I get it? I assume (but can't be sure) that it will be fairly easy to stop these as well.

Marc
    Marc,
    I use Datebk5 as well, and it seems to be the program that most struggles with Chatter. I think it is because Datebk5 will take over the alarm handling for the Palm Datebook, and, sense an email popup is an alarm, it seems these two wrestle one another when a popup email occurs. The result is the system hanging occassionally.
    That's my experience as well. In Datebk5 preferences/Alarms, I checked
    "Datebk5 handles alarms" which might cause the hanging tyler describes above.
    I'll often find my Treo 600 in a state where Chatter hasn't picked up new email
    and Datebk5 hasn't posted alarms, especially if I haven't poked any buttons in a while. Not good...
    It might be good to experiment by unchecking the Datebk5 alarms option.
    (Though I really am accustomed to the Datebk5 alarm popups, which display the
    appointment note along with the description -- very useful feature.)
    -Wayne
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I noticed the sticky hasn't been updated for the newest b19.1 version. What's new? Normally I'd download the newest but I'm travelling and I am depending solely on my Treo for work comunication.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast