Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    jberman - Right now, it just looks "ahead". I'll look at it. (Glad you like it!)

Marc
    seems to have started since version 10b 18. e.g. i go down into the subway, no signal, then phone is "frozen" for about a minute. this is happening all the time and chatter is the only non-stock app i have running. this never used to happen to me before this version. is anyone else experiencing this? i'm now running 10b 18.4 on a gsm treo 600.

-nj
    Hi Mark,

I'm using 18.4. Every time that I try to attach a pic (using 650, after selecting the image to attach) to an e-mail message, I get an error message, "Error opening image file: 2A08".

Am I doing something wrong? I've been having this issue since upgrading to 18.3.
    hi Marc
    finding 18.4 to be very unstable been having a lot of resets today and when i look to see what caused it it comes up chatter. Did not have this problen from prior releases.

Fred
  5.    #45  
    fkpalm - I don't have other reports of stability issues in 18.4. Maybe you should re-install or send a log?

Marc
  6.    #46  
    sreinhardt - That's a "file not found" error in the OS. Since the photo handling code for the 650 is relatively new, this is something I haven't seen before (I haven't had problems attaching pictures and haven't had other reports of it).

Can you contact me via email (chatteremail@imap.cc) and I'll send you a version that will create some additional debug info?

Thanks.

Marc

p.s. Is this picture on the SD card? If so, CE doesn't support the SD card just yet...
    Marc - I'd like the debugging version too. Because I've seen the (essentially) lock ups for the last two versions. And I still have the Cnct in the lower right corner of the screen.

Dunc
  8.    #48  
    Dunc - Sounds like you just need to send me a log. sreinhardt's problem was that his picture was on the SD card, and that's not supported.

If you've got "cnct" stuck, then it sounds like Chatter can't connect to your SMTP server. A log will indicate what's going on.

Marc
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Marc,
    Since installing 1.0b18.4 I have noticed that the flags are not being kept in synch. For example if I read a message on my PC it is not flagged as read in Chatter. While typing this this I decided I better check to make suer I had Keep Flags Synched turned on so I went into Edit Mailbox to check the setting (it was checked) and after going back to the Message List the messages were marked as read.
  10.    #50  
    TxDot - It can take a little time for the update to happen. Let me know if it isn't happening, though.

Marc
    I am not sure when this started happening... I sort with most recent messages at the bottom. When I am looking at the message at the bottom, and go to another app and then back to Chatter, it is now viewing the top message in the view area. Shouldn't it go back to the last message I was sitting on?

-Sim

NoisyGecko
  12.    #52  
    noisy - It should... I'll look at it.

Marc
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noisygecko
    I am not sure when this started happening... I sort with most recent messages at the bottom. When I am looking at the message at the bottom, and go to another app and then back to Chatter, it is now viewing the top message in the view area. Shouldn't it go back to the last message I was sitting on?

-Sim
    I see this same behavior. If it is relevant I have things set so that new messages are at the top.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    TxDot - It can take a little time for the update to happen. Let me know if it isn't happening, though.

Marc
    Marc - It does eventually mark the message as read but the time it takes to do so seems to be greatly increased as of late. It could be that I simply haven't noticed it before but I'm somewhat doubtful as I have been really watching things lately because of switching over to Thunderbird from Outlook. Anyway it's not a killer item.

BTW, have I told you lately that Chatter rocks!
    I also am experiencing the issue that the Treo becomes "frozen" when Chatter can't connect, as when I go into the subway. This does seem to be a recent development. Also it doesn't go always back online when I resurface.
    Any ideas?

Also a small request. Perhaps you are already working on this.
    I like being able to 5-way down from the messages to the New button. But when the selection goes down there, the bottom message remains highlighted. This is confusing and I keep getting into the compose screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl
    I also am experiencing the issue that the Treo becomes "frozen" when Chatter can't connect, as when I go into the subway. This does seem to be a recent development. Also it doesn't go always back online when I resurface.
    Any ideas?

Also a small request. Perhaps you are already working on this.
    I like being able to 5-way down from the messages to the New button. But when the selection goes down there, the bottom message remains highlighted. This is confusing and I keep getting into the compose screen.
    I have the same "frozen" issue, but get it in a low reception area (not totally disconnected like the subway).

When trying to reconnect it won't go back online and the envelope looks like being overlayed with something else (you only see the right part of the blue envelope and it is impossible to tell if the folder is on or offline; also going out of Chatter and back in does not refresh the screen). I need to do a soft reset to get the folder back online and get the envelope back in full...

Should I try to make a log?
  17.    #57  
    pkjv - Sure, a log would be good. The "frozen" thing is an OS feature, by the way.

dennisl - Not going back online was a bug in one of the b18's. It should be fixed in the latest.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    pkjv - Sure, a log would be good. The "frozen" thing is an OS feature, by the way.

dennisl - Not going back online was a bug in one of the b18's. It should be fixed in the latest.

Marc
    I did not really explain myself to well. It is not a frozen state (I mean it is not the same thing as when the Treo is trying to sign on to the data network Treo 650 / Sprint), but it does not seem to be willing to go online anymore and also get the interesting envelope behaviour. Only a soft reset will resolve the issue.

I am using the latest 18.5 version

Working on getting you a log about this...

thanks again
    It would be nice to have an indication that a message was not fully loaded when reading it. Sometimes I am reading and then suddenly the message stops mid-sentence and I have to assume it wasn't fully loaded. Other times it is, and for some reason the simplified version just appears to have stopped in the middle.

Something like putting the partial message icon in the bottom left-hand corner. That would be nice since sometimes I know I will want to load the entire message, and can hit "l" and then start reading.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
  20.    #60  
    If the message isn't fully loaded, it will say "Loaded xxx of yyy bytes"

Marc
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast