1.    #1  
    I didn't even notice this or read about it: your new email notification icon on the Treo650 Phone screen. Nice. I have Mail! 17 of them.

http://www.dillernet.com/junk/chatte...tification.jpg
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    This is a joke right? Just asking, because I don't see that.
    It's there, if you've got a T650.

-m
    It's there, but it isn't particulary consistant for me. What is everybody else's experience with this?
    Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    It's there, but it isn't particulary consistant for me. What is everybody else's experience with this?
    I just get a little white envelope with a number next to it...

Bek
    Bek-
    You're not talking about the voicemail icon, are you? The Chatter icon and number looks just like the screen posted above...
    I'm not seeing it. Is there an option to set? I have 1 unread e-mail, but no icon...
    Jeff

Motorola StarTac => Cingular Treo 270 => Sprint Treo 600 => Sprint Treo 650 => Sprint Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    how do you take that pic of your phone to post in here?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    It doesn't show the number of unread messages. It shows the number of messages since you last looked. It works like the LED. If you go into chatter and do any movement, then chatter resets the LED to normal and clears the phone screen indicator.

I also noticed that the phone screen doesn't automatically update. If I am sitting there looking at the phone screen and I send myself an email, chatter will see it, turn the LED orange, but the chatter icon won't appear on the phone screen. I have to exit the phone app and return to it. Then it is there.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel
    It doesn't show the number of unread messages. It shows the number of messages since you last looked. It works like the LED. If you go into chatter and do any movement, then chatter resets the LED to normal and clears the phone screen indicator.

I also noticed that the phone screen doesn't automatically update. If I am sitting there looking at the phone screen and I send myself an email, chatter will see it, turn the LED orange, but the chatter icon won't appear on the phone screen. I have to exit the phone app and return to it. Then it is there.
    Dave
    Aaaaah! It seems you're right. While using the 650 and Chatter daily, it just seemed to me to be random throughout the day. But after reading your post and running some tests, when the message(s) is(are) unrerad, AND the phone screen is refreshed the icon and number appears! What's interesting is that the phone going to sleep and then waking it up is NOT a refresh of the phone screen. You actually have to go to a different screen and back to phone and then the icon appears.
    Be sure to set your default email application to chatter. I have versamail and seven, and whatever app I have set to default uses that space on the phone screen.
    Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    Bek-
    You're not talking about the voicemail icon, are you? The Chatter icon and number looks just like the screen posted above...
    OOps, I didn't know we were talking about Chatter.. lol Mine is a white envelope when I have mail with VersaMail. Sorry

Bek
  14.    #14  
  15.    #15  

Umm, you have to have new email.....