Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by plemieux
    Hi, my company has a Goodlink server and IT is upgrading Exchange from 2000 to 2003. I have several questions...

1) First, should I wait for the upgrade to be complete so I can use ActiveSync? Or go ahead with Goodlink now?
    If you use GoodLink now, there will be no problem once the upgrade to 2003 is complete. It will be seamless to you and you won't know a difference.
    2) If I install the Goodlink software onto my Treo 650, if I understand correctly, it becomes the main calendar, contacts, notes, tasks application right? So, I will not need datebkt5 and all its great functionality? How does it compare to it?
    I can answer one part in saying that yes, GoodLink will become all of the features and they will sync with Exchange. Have not seen datebkt5 myself, so I can't speak to the functionality differences.

3) I assume I will be able to still grab my personal pop mail with SnapperMail right? Any conflicts?
    You can use any third party pop-email application in conjunction with GoodLink
    Thanks GoodGuy... I will install GoodLink as soon as I get my SD card and free up some space on my Treo 650. Sounds promising.
    Sorry if i missed the point in what you are trying to accomplish, but I use the Snapper email client (IMAP) with the Mergic VPN. Works quite well with no IT effort required.

On a related note, Mergic has a feature which will establish the vpn connect whenever you launch a particular app.

Also in a company that uses mostly BB so IT not in a big hurry to take on new server software
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbottum
    Sorry if i missed the point in what you are trying to accomplish, but I use the Snapper email client (IMAP) with the Mergic VPN. Works quite well with no IT effort required.

On a related note, Mergic has a feature which will establish the vpn connect whenever you launch a particular app.

Also in a company that uses mostly BB so IT not in a big hurry to take on new server software
    Hi rbottum and all,

I was under the misguided impression that our Exchange server didn't support IMAP, POP or SMTP so I thought there might have been a "native" MSO client for Palm. I've since found out that one inside the 'ole firewall, we do indeed have IMAP.

errr... whoops!

Thanks for eveyones help and good info... Sorry to have re-hashed a well flogged topic. I hope at least other newbies were able to gain some good info from it.................................................................................................. ........................................

-S
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by knumnuts
    The main problem I had with BC was multiple email accounts. While it does have settings for it, I was not impressed. Since MovianVPN showed up about 3 days ago (it was avail for free) I have switched to versamail. I love the VPN integration in Versamail and the account switching. POP3 and IMAP are both clear text to an exchange server, so passing passwords over the internet it is not safe. However, with IPSec wrapped around it you are secure. Unless the administrators have blocked or disabled port POP3 and/or IMAP, exchange runs them by default.

I still use BC for the 'push' feature and CAL sync, but only for my corporate account. Everything else is done via Versamail and manual checking.
    My complaint with BC, besides the fact that attachments don't really work unless they are text, is that I can get it to work nicely with exchange, but never been able to set up a securepop (or imap) account properly with it. Even called them up and they said: "Talk to you system administrator for the correct settings..." So I said: "I am the system administrator and they are correct", the sprint support person could not understand that I was in fact running my own mail server... arghh

Art
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    dont beat yourself up on the existence of the IMAP interface, Ive found a lot of the IT ops staff didnt know either.

BTW, the next trick you might run into is making sure that, once inside the vpn, you have the dns settings on your treo sw correct to find the exchange server. I cant even remember now what I did, but I believe involved setting right dns suffix in the mergic vpn sw. Mergic's free ping sw came in handy ...
    I don't know that this helps, but I just set up via Web (OMA) on Exchange 2003. Not the prettiest, but it works fairly well.

Randall
    Quote Originally Posted by ranguynes
    I don't know that this helps, but I just set up via Web (OMA) on Exchange 2003. Not the prettiest, but it works fairly well.

Randall
    The only issue is that you don't have access to attachments. Otherwise, it's a very efficient screen.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12