1.    #1  
    Hi, I just installed the pocketmirror to try to sync with my microsoft outlook 2000. I got an error message saying that I need to set outlook 2000 as my default mail client (I have the default mail client set up on the outlook express 5 now ).
    Can someone show me how to make the outlook 2000 as my default mail client. Thanks

Sorry for such a stupid question, but i really couldn't figure it out....
    Actually, if I am not wrong, you just have to open up Outlook 2000 and it will prompt you and ask whether you want to make it your default email program or not. Just click on yes and there you are.
  3.    #3  
    while back ago, I remember opening outlook 2000 once. It did ask me, but I answered NO since I didn't want to make it default at that time...
    but now, whenever I open it, it stops asking me......

Originally posted by Tan Kit Hoong:
    Actually, if I am not wrong, you just have to open up Outlook 2000 and it will prompt you and ask whether you want to make it your default email program or not. Just click on yes and there you are.
    If you are using a PC, go to Control Panels, Internet Properties, then click on the Programs tab. This is where you change your default mail program.

------------------
    Jay
    Hi, I had the exact same problem, after reading this thread, problem fixed, thanks.

However, after the upgrade to outlook 2000, my Outlook's categories from Contact, notes, tasks, do not transfer to Visor, all records were cat. as "Unfiled"

Here is what i did:
    Using PocketMirror and hotsync with "Outlook override handheld"

I had tried quite a few times, result the same.

Any ideas? I wasn't getting this problem with outlook 98.

thanks,
    yang

Originally posted by Yang:
    [B]<snip> However, after the upgrade to outlook 2000, my Outlook's categories from Contact, notes, tasks, do not transfer to Visor, all records were cat. as "Unfiled"
    When you installed hotsync manager did you specify that Outlook and the Visor/Palm were to use the same categories? I'm not exactly sure of the question the installer poses, but it mentions the 15 category limit.

------------------
    Jay
    If the Pocket Mirror and the Palm Mirror are the same thing, you may be disappointed when you get it working. The Palm Mirror just puts a black box on your entire screen and the reflective plastic screen surface is suppose to be your mirror. The image is kinda doubled and it's not much different than looking at the screen when the unit is turned off. Don't try to put makeup on or put your contacts in with it!!
    SEnd Boston:

Pocket Mirror is NOT the same as Palm Mirror... Pocket Mirror, included on the Visor CD, is desktop software that allows you to sync to Outlook as opposed to the Palm Desktop.

Palm Mirror (or just Mirror) is a Palm app that is supposed to let you use the handheld's screen as a crude in-case-of-emergency mirror.

------------------
    MarkEagle - Ice is nice!
    Yang:

Your problem is that you haven't set Pocket Mirror correctly. The Hotsynch manager doesn't know about the categories on your Visor or on your PC.

Believe it or not I RTFM (read the ___ Manual) and it gave me the following informaiton.

Open PocketMirror: Start/Programs/PocketMirror/PocketMirror Settings. Highlight your user name and click Settings. Select the conduit you want to adjust (for instance - Outlook Contacts) Click Change. You will get a screen with 4 tabs. Choose the Miscellaneous Tab. Then in the upper portion, you need to select "Map Handheld Category to Outlook's Categories Field". This will match, use and mirror your VDX settings and categories to the ones that you are using in Outlook.

BTW, the same thing is true for Tasks or Notes. You need to set the Misc tab on the conduit to use "outlook's" settings, or you won't ever get them to copy over to the PC or your VDX.

I learned this after entering several hundred contacts with categories on my VDX, and then having to categorize them on my PC at home and also categorize them on my PC at the office. I did everything three times.

Now it does it all by itself. It is amazing what you can learn when you read the manual.

larry