Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I found the stylus on the T650 to be far too smooth and slippery. I could never keep it in my fingers just right. I made some modifications to it. I can't say if this will void your stylus warrantee and cannot guarantee this will be right for you. But in the interest of sharing information - here are my instructions for frictionizing the stylus.

1) Take stylus in hand

2) Go outdoors. Preferably you live where there are paved sidewalks and/or streets.

3) Drop stylus on paved ground.

4) Make sure styles falls on ground horizontally (not standing on its point) otherwise the next step won't work.

5) With shoe-covered foot, place foot on top of stylus and gently move foot back and forth - thus rubbing the stylus against pavement while rotating the stylus.

6) Don't do #5 TOO much. Just a little. Go back inside and test grip/feel.

Warnings:

- Don't over do it. You can always go back and frictionize it a bit more, but you can't un-frictionize it.

- It will also make it harder to slip into the stylus slot of the T650. I find the tradeoff worthwhile.

- Careful not to break off either ends. One is needed to point, and the other is needed to have something to grab onto when you pull the stylus out.

Options:

- Use sandpaper instead. I started with that but I didn't have the right grit. Street worked fine for me.
    Lmao!!!!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    It's a joke, rgiht?
    I did this upgrade myself recently, I am very happy with it and my grafitti recognition has gone up a ton too!
    Do I need to "go back inside" in order to complete step 6? I tried cheating and stayed outside but the grip did not improve much...

;-)
    Lol
    actually, this trick does pretty much work...
    take a look at the grip on mag-lights, youll see a
    pattern on the barrel to make it grippy.
    this is just a poor mans version.

make sure you do it with the fat end at the top
    away from the concrete. yannow the concrete
    curb that is raised. and you end up with ridges in the
    metal instead of it being worn down like the sanding
    methode. have fun !
    please explain some more, the street is covered with a foot of snow and I cannot wait to try this upgrade.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I attempted the stylus upgrade, and I am now stuck in a loop of soft resets.
    I tried this and now I can't find my stylus. It seems to have just disappeared from the 650! Was I supposed to pick it up before performing the "go back inside" step? Seems like the stylus should have gone inside by itself, but then again, I'm new at this. Will Shadowmite's ROM update restore my stylus?
    Quote Originally Posted by hood7
    I tried this and now I can't find my stylus. It seems to have just disappeared from the 650! Was I supposed to pick it up before performing the "go back inside" step? Seems like the stylus should have gone inside by itself, but then again, I'm new at this. Will Shadowmite's ROM update restore my stylus?
    I will no longer be able to post, as I have died laughing.
    i was in the process of doing this with my 600...dang fingers...however on the ice outside, i slipped, and impaled myself on my stylus...i have an owie
    what if you forgot to remove the stylus and dropped the whole treo instead?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Maybe Shadowmite will come out with a stylus patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkoons
    I'll get right on it... Hmm, I need a snowblower...
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Ok.. So now we need to take up a collection to get SM a snowblower.. set up another paypal account, etc......
    Can we see screenshots of this "upgrade?"

Quote Originally Posted by jkoons
    hopefully a hard reset wont be necessary
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast