Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello. I received this email from palmOne. It had a photo of the Cingular Treo 650. Thought I'd share it with you guys.

http://a676.g.akamaitech.net/f/676/7...CingularPK.gif

Here is the email: (my name is blocked out)

The Next Generation of Mobile Healthcare, featuring the Treo™ 650 Smartphone from palmOne

Webinar for Healthcare Providers and Health Systems Management
    Co-sponsored by
    PatientKeeper and Cingular Wireless
    Thursday, January 27, 2005,
    10 AM - 11 AM PST / 1 PM - 2 PM EST

Webinar includes TWO chances to win:
    - a free Treo 650 smartphone from palmOne, OR
    - a customized Needs Assessment from PatientKeeper*
    - must be present to win!

Dear --------,

How are healthcare organizations and providers taking advantage of the latest advances in mobile technology and preparing for the future? This webinar explores extending existing IT investments, driving adoption among physicians, and avoiding future obsolescence. PatientKeeper will review key advancements and market trends. Physicians from CHRISTUS Health (Corpus Christi, TX) and MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD) will share their personal experiences with selecting and deploying mobile healthcare solutions.

You will learn how the packaged patient management solution from PatientKeeper, palmOne, and Cingular Wireless can help you access and update clinical information as you travel from your office to one or more hospitals -- across multiple hospital information systems -- on the largest digital voice and data network in America, with the power and versatility of one of today?s most popular smartphones, the new Treo 650.
    great catch - what about non-disclosure? ....
  3.    #3  
    Best regards,
    The palmOne, Cingular, and PatientKeeper Teams.

* Criteria for needs assessment will be detailed

The contents of this email are based on your palmOne Newsletter Profile.

Feedback | Unsubscribe or Modify Your Profile | © 2005 palmOne, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

palmOne, Inc., 400 N. McCarthy Blvd, Mail Stop 4209, Milpitas, CA 95035.

oops, forgot the bottom part

:-)
    cool
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Sounds like the "roadshow" for GSM/medical software. Maybe you can put in an order and get one in 3 months like the VC sprint guys did. :-)
    Ok, I can play doctor, can I go to?
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    I guess this MUST mean there will be an 'offical' palmOne/Cingular announcment prior to this seminar on Jan 27th??? Keeping my fingers crossed for an unlocked GSM 650 from palmOne (to be used on TMo) before my birthday (Feb. 4th)...
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    I guess this MUST mean there will be an 'offical' palmOne/Cingular announcment prior to this seminar on Jan 27th??? Keeping my fingers crossed for an unlocked GSM 650 from palmOne (to be used on TMo) before my birthday (Feb. 4th)...
    looks like good news
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    darjay...those are some cool dogs you have there i can be a doctor...but alas this looks good...now lets guess how longs it takes him to get fired LOL
    Not a roadshow--PalmOne and partners have held webinars in the past, including ones targeted to the healthcare industry. They did one about 6-9 months ago and gave away a T600 at the end. This is no biggie and should not be overemphasized. We all know that there will be a Cingular T650 soon-when it ships, it ships...
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Not a roadshow--PalmOne and partners have held webinars in the past, including ones targeted to the healthcare industry. They did one about 6-9 months ago and gave away a T600 at the end. This is no biggie and should not be overemphasized. We all know that there will be a Cingular T650 soon-when it ships, it ships...
    then can I have your free 650 then if I say I am your friend or something?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Only one lucky participant will win the free Cingular T650--not one for every participant (read the fine print).
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Only one lucky participant will win the free Cingular T650--not one for every participant (read the fine print).
    ohh...
    Naveen

Next Phone:
  13.    #13  
    I hope I am the winner. I've been fighting the temptations of buying a Blackberry. But the Treo will better suit my needs being that I am in the healthcare industry.

I guess the long awaited GSM version should be coming soon (hopefully).
    I took a look at the Cingular plans because I've been a T-Mobile customer for about 3 years and I wanted to stay with GSM, but DAMN they are expensive!!

Sprint has 2500 min for 115. At 2000 min that comes out to 92.00 (in order to compare). With this rate paln you get unlimited data and 100 SMS messages.

Cingular has 2000 min for 99.99. Then you add unlimited data for 79.99.

Sprint offers phone insurance that I'm not sure Cingular does ($5)
    Cingular offers rollover (minute insurance) that Sprint does not (free)

In my mind these two features cancel each other out except that sprint charges so Cingular is a bit ahead here.

So...
    TCO for Sprint plan @2000 min: $92 + $5 = $97/mo
    TCO for Cingular plan @2000 min: $99.99 + $79.999 = $179.98/mo

This of course does not include taxes and such which will be the same for both.

These are based on national rate plans in the Austin market. Seems like a really huge difference. Did I go wrong somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by ayasin
    I took a look at the Cingular plans because I've been a T-Mobile customer for about 3 years and I wanted to stay with GSM, but DAMN they are expensive!!

Sprint has 2500 min for 115. At 2000 min that comes out to 92.00 (in order to compare). With this rate paln you get unlimited data and 100 SMS messages.

In my mind these two features cancel each other out except that sprint charges so Cingular is a bit ahead here.

So...

These are based on national rate plans in the Austin market. Seems like a really huge difference. Did I go wrong somewhere?
    You only need to pay $20 for Media Works with Cingular... They will try to push the other, because Treos use so much internet, but just say no and you can even go on the web later and add the $20 unlimited data plan.
    2000 min. My plan is for 350 min and I was thinking of cutting that back because I barely use it. Are you guys using these phones instead of home phones?
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    You are all putting way too much emphasis on this webinar event and any direct confirmation of a Cingular T650 release date. Don't be so sure. Just because there is going to be a marketing forum to the healthcare industry (yes, I am in that industry and was invited to the webinar [and have registered--would love to win a free T650]), does not confirm a release or ship date. We all know that Cingular will release a T650 in the (hopefully) near future. We all have seen photos of the T650 with the Cingular logo. They do not have to release their branded T650 for purposes of the webinar. The webinar promotes solutions that would employ T650s. The Cingular T650 could come out a week or 2 later (or longer). Orders could be accepted at the webinar (in fact, past webinars have been followed by direct marketing pitches for a bundle [Treo plus appropriate apps]), but not ship right away. We will all see...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    2000 min. My plan is for 350 min and I was thinking of cutting that back because I barely use it. Are you guys using these phones instead of home phones?
    My cell phone is my primary business phone...2000 min is not really enough, I need 2500-3000 in reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    You only need to pay $20 for Media Works with Cingular... They will try to push the other, because Treos use so much internet, but just say no and you can even go on the web later and add the $20 unlimited data plan.
    Where did you see that? The only info I was able to find on the website was that for any real mediaNET usage it's charged against your minutes (really bad for me) + $3.99 /mo
    Quote Originally Posted by ayasin

So...

I just got my sprint bill...and it turns out that the guy at the store just signed me up for 2 months of free vision but the normal charge is $15.48. Also they have an annoying bill one month in advance policy (never had these problems with T-Mobile...). This changes the TCO equation a bit:

Sprint : $92 + $5 + $15.48 = 112.48/mo
    Cingular : $99.99 + $79.999 = $179.98/mo

PS. Sprint charges 26.75 in surcharges and taxes. Can anyone confirm that this is the same with Cingular?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast