Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Does the GSM version have a different color?
    Yeah interesting, I though all the 650's were silver. Yesterday I saw a Sprint it was blue on the back, is this what color the sprints are, blue in the back? That Cingular version appears to be Blue in the front? And I imagining the palm gsm will be all silver?
    Quote Originally Posted by dubLdribL
    i currently have an AT&T phone/SIMM. do you think i can get unlimited data on this SIMM and then switch to a cingular 650? will my at&t simm work in a new cingular treo 650?

thanks
    There are two separate issues implicit in your question. First is the SIM and second is the phone.

The SIM carries all of the personalization, like the number, the account, and the carrier. However, it does not contain the terms of service. You can place it in any UNLOCKED GSM phone and it will work with its number and issuing carrier. An AT&T SIM works only on AT&T and w/o regard to who sold the phone. My 600 hundred has Cingular branding and software but has always been used with a T-Mobile SIM on the T-Mobile network.

Your AT&T SIM will work in any unlocked GSM phone. That leaves the question of whether or not the Cingular branded Treo 650 sold by Cingular will be unlocked. While the Treo Cingular branded 600s were unlocked, PalmOne has said that the Cingular branded and sold 650 will be locked. The decision as to whether a particular phone is locked or not is in the hands of the seller and is usually related to the cost of the phone and the cost of the service.

There are rumors that PalmOne will sell an unlocked GSM phone and that they may sell it as early as when the GSM phones become available through Cingular.

My personal position is that the only time that I will believe anything that PalmOne says is when they offer something for sale, at specified terms, time, and price. Based upon that rule, I will believe that there is a GSM 650 when they offer to sell it to me and not before. All else is simply hearsay, rumor, speculation, and tease. Only when they offer to sell it, will we know the real answer to your question. That may be never.
    Whatever. Palm Ones website shows the phone unbranded and does not mention Cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Whatever. Palm Ones website shows the phone unbranded and does not mention Cingular.
    Exactly!
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    They also may REQUIRE a data plan upon purchase (AT&T did this on the SMT5600). With the right rep you could get a different cheaper plan. That is yet to be seen. Then you will have to fight or call 10 different reps until you find one who won't force the PDA plan on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    You only need to pay $20 for Media Works with Cingular... They will try to push the other, because Treos use so much internet, but just say no and you can even go on the web later and add the $20 unlimited data plan.
    My bad. whmurray is of course correct. I misread your message and thought you wanted to use your ATT SIM CARD on CINGULAR SERVICE. As he said, if your phone is unlocked you can most definately use it on AT&T with a AT&T SIM. However your AT&T SIM will absolutely NOT work on CINGULAR SERVICE which is how I read your message.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubLdribL
    i currently have an AT&T phone/SIMM. do you think i can get unlimited data on this SIMM and then switch to a cingular 650? will my at&t simm work in a new cingular treo 650?

thanks
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123