Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21  
    Taxes and surcharges will vary from state and city.

    I was thinking about Cing as well, but the only prob is, they give me no discount. I get 22% for working at BB, and now my brother gets 25% for working at a hospital. I don't even use mine cause his is better.

    We have 4 family phones, and whats really nice is that vision on each add line is only $5. I guess if I want unlimited Text, that's another $5.

    I think if you do the Cing works its $19.99, and that is about = to Vsision for $15 cause you get 1500 text/IM with Cing. Only thing I don't get is that you get unlimited IM with Sprint. And then the unlimited text for the extra $5. That's $20 for both carriers.

    Only reason I don't switch is cause I don't pay for the phone, and even if I had too, I would only pay $10 for that add line, plus $5 for vision, and then another $5 if I want unlim txt. The biggest thing is finding a 650 I don't have to pay an arm and leg for.
  2. #22  
    I was buying a car charger when I noticed a Treo 650 GSM mock up. I asked about the release date but all he said was end of January. Not much but pretty cool none the less!

    Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  3. #23  
    $20 mediaworks supposedly ends 1/31. What's next, no one knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    You only need to pay $20 for Media Works with Cingular... They will try to push the other, because Treos use so much internet, but just say no and you can even go on the web later and add the $20 unlimited data plan.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    $20 mediaworks supposedly ends 1/31. What's next, no one knows.
    Day before yesterday, I changed to Cing from T-Mo. The reason is that Cing delivers far more bars in my apartment. (Local coverage trumps everything but Cing also has Voice Connect, which is incredibly smart, and promises EDGE w/ a 650 (which may not even exist)). I paid $40 for 600 nationwide minutes and $40 for unlimited data, plus $5 for Voice Connect. The $40- data plan was specific to the Treo, and, I assume, competitive to the T-Mo plan.
  5. #25  
    Huh? What did you put the $40 plan on (since you obviously don't have a GSM 650)? Do you currently have an unlocked 600? What you should have done is take the $20 mediaworks plan on another cheap old (or free with your new signup) phone (non-pda) and when you get the 650 (or if you have a 600) just swap sims. Works great. Even if they stop offering the MW plan I'd think those that have it will be able to keep it.


    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    I paid $40 for 600 nationwide minutes and $40 for unlimited data, plus $5 for Voice Connect. The $40- data plan was specific to the Treo, and, I assume, competitive to the T-Mo plan.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Huh? What did you put the $40 plan on (since you obviously don't have a GSM 650)? Do you currently have an unlocked 600?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    What you should have done is take the $20 mediaworks plan on another cheap old (or free with your new signup) phone (non-pda) and when you get the 650 (or if you have a 600) just swap sims. Works great. Even if they stop offering the MW plan I'd think those that have it will be able to keep it.
    Yes, and where were you when I needed you?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    I was buying a car charger when I noticed a Treo 650 GSM mock up. I asked about the release date but all he said was end of January. Not much but pretty cool none the less!

    Timmay
    sounds promising
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  8. #28  
    Actually I've posted that information at least 4 or 5 times already. HERE HERE HERE are 3. You can still get around it. Pick up a cheap Nokia (free), replace your Treo with it, cancel the $40 plan, take out the $20 plan and swap sim & phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Yes. Yes, and where were you when I needed you?
    Last edited by MisterEd; 01/14/2005 at 08:42 PM.
  9. #29  
    PEOPLE - LOOK AT THE MEDIA PAMPHLET YOURSELF. Right there on the back of the form it says the 19.95 unlimited media plan 50% off offer expires 1/31/05!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  10. #30  
    Yes, but if you have it NOW they aren't going to take it away. If I signed up with Cing based on a $20 plan 3 months ago and they suddenly pulled it and/or tried jacking it up to $40 I'd have grounds to cancel my contract without ETF based on their own contract of "any non-(gov't) required rate changes and you can cancel". Besides, even though it says 1/31 they could easily continue it or come up with a variation of the same thing for the same price (like they could remove the included SMS). Just because it says the CURRENT OFFER expires doesn't necessarily mean it will.

    EDIT: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    PEOPLE - LOOK AT THE MEDIA PAMPHLET YOURSELF. Right there on the back of the form it says the 19.95 unlimited media plan 50% off offer expires 1/31/05!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. #31  
    Obviously if you have it already, it won't change - it just gets old listenting to people and "their contacts" saying it is or isn't going to expire - take some time to read the literature - its RIGHT THERE!!!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  12. #32  
    Once again, just THAT SPECIFIC OFFER expires (or not) 1/31. They can easily just continue it or modify it very slighty or raise (or lower) the price a bit. Maybe that is what their "contacts" are referring to. Since MW is used on their regular phones it's highly likely they will have another plan on Feb 1 either similar or identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    Obviously if you have it already, it won't change - it just gets old listenting to people and "their contacts" saying it is or isn't going to expire - take some time to read the literature - its RIGHT THERE!!!!!!
  13. #33  
    they are not raising it for existing. Have a promise. The same person kept me in free text messaging 3 years after it ended.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Actually I've posted that information at least 4 or 5 times already. HERE HERE HERE are 3. You can still get around it. Pick up a cheap Nokia (free), replace your Treo with it, cancel the $40 plan, take out the $20 plan and swap sim & phone.
    Thats what I did , Unloaded my t600 for $385 and I'm using my Nokia 6010 (it came in handy every time I had to RMA My Old 600)
  15. #35  
    i currently have an AT&T phone/SIMM. do you think i can get unlimited data on this SIMM and then switch to a cingular 650? will my at&t simm work in a new cingular treo 650?

    thanks
  16. #37  
    Interesting, you only see it there. The Treo 650 page looks the same as always. I signed up for their newsletter a long time ago and haven't gotten anything.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  17. #38  
    Just noticed this. Not sure if its been seen yet.

    http://www.palmone.com/us/products/s..._gsmdsheet.pdf
  18. #39  
    Does the GSM version have a different color?
  19. #40  
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubLdribL
    i currently have an AT&T phone/SIMM. do you think i can get unlimited data on this SIMM and then switch to a cingular 650? will my at&t simm work in a new cingular treo 650?

    thanks
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions