Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1.    #101  
    I've fixed it, but don't get too excited yet - you still have to wait for the next release!
    Keep an eye out for 1.92...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    CV, have you solidified that 2.81beta of Butler yet?
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Will this version have email notification support as well???
    I'm having a problem using Butler's alarm. I am using a midi file, but Butler seems to truncate it to whatever I have my keyguard set as. In other words, if my keyguard is set to 3 seconds, it only plays the first 3 seconds of my midi. I am using the "alternative keyguard" built into Butler. I guess I could set my keyguard to the max time as a work-around, but is there a better solution? Thanks!!

Using:
    Butler 2.86
    Phone Technician 1.93
    DateBk5 5.1b, s7
    grookes...unrelated but there is a new datebook5 update as of yesterday...

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk5.htm
    I am very sad to say that I had to delete butler. I was getting 3-5 random crashes a day. crashes sometimes where I wasn't even touching the phone. I look down & it resets itself. well I had a theory that some software that runs in the background may be causing this. I deleted butler a week ago & my resets have gone down to 3-5 a week now. I wish it could be fixed!! this sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I am very sad to say that I had to delete butler. I was getting 3-5 random crashes a day. crashes sometimes where I wasn't even touching the phone. I look down & it resets itself. well I had a theory that some software that runs in the background may be causing this. I deleted butler a week ago & my resets have gone down to 3-5 a week now. I wish it could be fixed!! this sucks
    I've had no such problem with Butler (v2.85); perhaps there's a set of Butler functions that if enabled together, causes problems. Here's the set I use:
    1. Volume Buttons switch and scroll mode. I don't use the sidekey select.
    2. Key Launcher
    3. Attention Grabber: Attention Manager, Incoming Call, Incoming SMS, only from 6am to 10pm, Don't wake screen. Alert is an Old Alarm
    4. Misc: Menu Hold -> Command
    5. I was using the Alarm function, but have moved to TreoAlarm for that function.
    I'm using version 2.86 on my Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM) and I can't get Butler to play MP3s via RealPlayer. Under 'test player' and setting an MP3 as an alarm, what it does is just take me to RealPlayer, and then the screen sort of refreshes, and it just stays there... This used to work in one of the older versions.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
  9.    #109  
    Hi Rudy,

the realPlayer support has never really worked properly. I might be able to make it better when I get my 650 (soon) - but frankly, I'm thinking of just removing it. The problem is that there isn't a proper API to play stuff with realplayer, so I'm having to hack into it and not being very successfull.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Hi cv, RealPlayer alarms were working well previously. Is there something which you changed recently that may have affected cross-functionality with RealPlayer?

I admit that the lack of a proper API is frustrating to say the least, but I do hope that you will stick with it. Especially on the 650, I wouldn't want to waste half a megabyte of space for another MP3 player. I wouldn't want to hack into the ROM either. While RealPlayer cross-functionality may not be ideal, as long as I can schedule Butler to play it at a certain time, I would be satisfied. No need for the extra bells & whistles...

I recognise your efforts and hope you will stick with it.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456