Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I downloaded the Butler trial. Other than making the volume keys on the side move up/down app selections, and making the LED do different things, what else really useful does it do? I'm trying to make myself like it, but in truth, I really don't see the appeal. What really makes sens is CallFilter. Wish it was available for the 50.
    LED was my main reason - I like being able to see I've missed an alert when it's sitting on my desk/kitchen table. A couple other features which tweak the OS help, but you're right - it doesn't do a TON.

If alarm supression during a call is added, that will make it a nice package.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    If I have keylaunch enabled with ignore first to tries and go to a text field in any app (chatter for example) and press and hold any letter as I would normally to make it capital it launched the phone app. Normal old butler behavior was to ignore the first press and lett keycaps600 do it's thing and capitalize the letter. Now any time you try to press and hold a letter the phone app is launched.

thanks!

Phil
    Rob...did this help??

thanks
  4.    #64  
    New Beta now at my site
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php

It turns out that the LED and KeyLaunch mechanisms were both using the same feature for storage - so will have been confusing each other. With any luck, this fix will sort both issues. Please let me know.

Remember, you need to open and close Butler after enabling keycaps600 for them to play nicely...

also added: sidekey select should now let side key hold work as well as allowing the kb lights off features to work.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    New Beta now at my site
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php

It turns out that the LED and KeyLaunch mechanisms were both using the same feature for storage - so will have been confusing each other. With any luck, this fix will sort both issues. Please let me know.

Remember, you need to open and close Butler after enabling keycaps600 for them to play nicely...

also added: sidekey select should now let side key hold work as well as allowing the kb lights off features to work.
    Thanks..will check it out today. You're the best!
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Butler 2.6 still thinks there's a voice mail when there isn't one.
    This does not work in v2.6
    CV, maybe you should hold out on releasing anymore betas until you actually get hold of your very own 650. This is the greatest Treo app available, yet releasing all these "hit or miss" betas, you're making it just another "buggy" 650 application. No harm intended just a suggestion, for a fabulous, and definitely neccessary application.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    This does not work in v2.6
    what exactly doesn't work?

side key select, side key hold-> launch or side key kb lights off features
    - This one was actually tested bythe kb lights off author before I put it out...

as to holding off from betas - there are just too many 650 issues and users for me to ignore them. Butler has improved a lot for the 650 (I believe most if not all the reset issues are gone) in the last few months. The only way this is possible is through feedback from beta testers.

Yes - they are buggy, but if you download and install a beta you know you're taking that risk! You then give me feedback letting me release the less buggy versions to normal users.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    The K Launch issue is not fixed yet...it still doesn't recognize the lag needed to play effectively w/ KeyCaps600.

Using a T600...

Thanks -- I like the beta concepts -- don't mind being a guinea pig....
    Same thing for me using the new beta - KLaunch is still launching apps and not allowing for any delay to utilize KeyCaps.

I can also deal with the betas. I don't mind helping out a bit if it gets the app to function as intended.
    what exactly doesn't work?

side key select, side key hold-> launch or side key kb lights off features
    - This one was actually tested bythe kb lights off author before I put it out...

as to holding off from betas - there are just too many 650 issues and users for me to ignore them. Butler has improved a lot for the 650 (I believe most if not all the reset issues are gone) in the last few months. The only way this is possible is through feedback from beta testers.

Yes - they are buggy, but if you download and install a beta you know you're taking that risk! You then give me feedback letting me release the less buggy versions to normal users.
    When I enable "Side Key=Select", I cannot use side key hold or side key double click.

I agree with you regarding continued improvements--it's great to see a developer that cares and is responsive. Keep up the good work--Butler is an essential program for the 650!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    Same thing for me using the new beta - KLaunch is still launching apps and not allowing for any delay to utilize KeyCaps.
    KeyLaunch works properly for me now! This is what I did:

1) install new Butler
    2) Enable key launch
    3) CHANGE the value for the keycaps delay on the KeyLaunch screen
    4) click OK
    5) CLOSE butler using the button on butler's main screen.

I think it was necessary to change the value, and then use the close button to get Butler to save the setting.

Haven't yet tested the side button nor the missed call indicator problem, but I'll let you know if I find anything.

Also, THANKS for fixing this. KeyLaunch is the main reason I bought Butler in the first place. I'm glad to have it back.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    thanks meyer...worked for me.
    I tested Shift+Side in KB LightsOff and it works. Double click cannot work if you choose to use the side key to select, but that's expected. Option+Side will also work now, but it's not used be KB LightsOff yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    KeyLaunch works properly for me now! This is what I did:

1) install new Butler
    2) Enable key launch
    3) CHANGE the value for the keycaps delay on the KeyLaunch screen
    4) click OK
    5) CLOSE butler using the button on butler's main screen.

I think it was necessary to change the value, and then use the close button to get Butler to save the setting.

Haven't yet tested the side button nor the missed call indicator problem, but I'll let you know if I find anything.

Also, THANKS for fixing this. KeyLaunch is the main reason I bought Butler in the first place. I'm glad to have it back.
    It works temporarily (like before), but it doesn't last for me. Try doing a soft reset and see if the Klaunch still works. Mine forgets the setting and goes back to the "no delay" setting.
    I completed meyers instructions and it did work. Then I did a soft reset, and it quit working. Changed the delay again in Butler and used the Close button, and it started working again. Butler definitely forgets the setting and begins to launch with no delay after a soft reset.

Silverado - Shift & Side Key works for me also, and Option & Dbl Click Side Key works (doesn't work with single click). Strange.
    Yeah, I spoke too soon. My Keycaps delay setting (in Butler) has gotten lost again, too. I'll have to try to play around some more and see if I can figure out when it gets lost.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    is anyone using a headset w/ butler's keyguard? When used with a normal keygaurd one is able to answer calls via the headset button, but butler's keyguard blocks that feature.
    Maybe I'm being a little blunt here, but one thing that really annoys me about KLaunch is that the 5-way is also considered a shortcut in other apps. I really wish that this "feature" was optional since I like to hold down the up/down arrows for scrolling through long documents and I am constantly being returned to the dial pad when I try to do this.

EDIT: Nevermind, 2.6 seems to have solved this. Thanks!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast