Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 110
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktroncroz
    I don't have any resets unless Butler is installed. So I don't know where else to look.
    What I was trying to say (and didn't do a very good job of) is that it may be an interaction between Butler and some other piece of software you have installed, and I don't.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  2. #42  
    Can Butler work using PowerRun to move it to SD card?
  3. #43  
    Butler is ~80k if I remember correctly. I think there are bigger fish to fry.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by markyoung04
    Can Butler work using PowerRun to move it to SD card?
    Typically system level type programs (things that run in pseudo-background mode and provide extra features even when you're not in the application) cannot work from the SD card.

    -Brian
  5.    #45  
    nope - when something is on sd card, it does not exist as far as the system is concerned, so it can't do 'background' stuff.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    nope - when something is on sd card, it does not exist as far as the system is concerned, so it can't do 'background' stuff.
    Rob...do you think you'll be able to address the quicklauch not wotking with keycaps 600 anymore?
  7.    #47  
    re the keycaps and led bugs, they're on my bug list and should be fixable.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    re the keycaps and led bugs, they're on my bug list and should be fixable.
    thanks as always!!
  9. #49  
    Rob - while we're making requests, can you get the app to store the registration code so that it stays registered after a hard reset and restore? Thanks.
  10. #50  
    Hey - GREAT product. Well worth the $8 just to get that dang LED from flashing in my bedroom all night. And I love being able to launch a shortcut program from anywhere.

    Now my problem... I installed Real Player to my memory card and put some mp3's on there, but under the MP3 Player settings, it won't recognize it as my player (nevermind it actually running the Test Player). Do I have to un-install Real Player from my card and install it on internal memory? I would like to keep my internal memory clear for my "MovieRec" program.

    I'm on a Treo 600.

    Thanks in advance for help!
  11. phildro's Avatar
    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    Rob - while we're making requests, can you get the app to store the registration code so that it stays registered after a hard reset and restore? Thanks.
    You don't have yours memorized yet?!!!
  12. #52  
    funny you ask. i do now. i didn't think it would be necessary until about the 8th restore i had to do. so sad man.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by grookes
    Hey - GREAT product. Well worth the $8 just to get that dang LED from flashing in my bedroom all night. And I love being able to launch a shortcut program from anywhere.

    Now my problem... I installed Real Player to my memory card and put some mp3's on there, but under the MP3 Player settings, it won't recognize it as my player (nevermind it actually running the Test Player). Do I have to un-install Real Player from my card and install it on internal memory? I would like to keep my internal memory clear for my "MovieRec" program.

    I'm on a Treo 600.

    Thanks in advance for help!
    thanks

    re sd/ram, yes, you must move the player to RAM for other applications to see or interact with it.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    Rob - while we're making requests, can you get the app to store the registration code so that it stays registered after a hard reset and restore? Thanks.

    sorry - this would require changing the actual app and then finding some way to get the new version backed up to pc.

    there are some other reasons as well - security implications, and breaking the idea that a hard reset actually resets stuff!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  15.    #55  
    I've been trying to get the keycaps problem to happen, but can't. Can anyone find a way to make the bug repeatable?
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    I've been trying to get the keycaps problem to happen, but can't. Can anyone find a way to make the bug repeatable?
    If I have keylaunch enabled with ignore first to tries and go to a text field in any app (chatter for example) and press and hold any letter as I would normally to make it capital it launched the phone app. Normal old butler behavior was to ignore the first press and lett keycaps600 do it's thing and capitalize the letter. Now any time you try to press and hold a letter the phone app is launched.

    thanks!

    Phil
  17. #57  
    I'm using the latest registered version 2.55, with the option set to show a solid orange light for waiting voicemail. No go. What could be causing this?

    Also, I'm getting crash/resets again following HotSyncs. When I remove Butler, the problem goes away.

    Stymied,
    -Bill
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  18. #58  
    CV:

    It's repeatable on mine, but there's nothing specific I do to make it happen. I set the delay to 4 (or 5, or 6, doesn't seem to matter), and everything works fine. But after a period of time, pressing and holding a key immediately jumps to the phone app, instead of activating keycaps.

    If I look at the settings in Butler, it still shows the value I set it to, but it doesn't seem to work. If I change it, then change it back, it works again, for a while. I'll try to play with it more this weekend, and see if I can notice anything else.

    Where do you store these settings? Is it internal to the program, or do you store it in the OS preferences database? Could some other app be overwriting them if they are in the preferences database?

    Hmm, I just had a thought (I know, because I smell something burning). Coiuld it have something to do with switching the app in and out of NVRAM? The less free memory the Palm has, the more often things are going to get switched between RAM and NVRAM, I think. I've got a lot of apps installed, currently I have only 3.3MB of memory free. Do you have a 650 yet? With the 600, Butler is always resident in RAM. With the 650, programs can get swapped out of RAM into the NVRAM when they're not "busy." Could Butler, or it's preferences, be getting swapped out of RAM while it's active in the background? When does Butler read and act on it's preference settings?

    I'll let you know what, if anything, I figure out.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  19. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by phildro
    However, the LED didn't seem to reset after I checked voicemail and deleted the message. It was just the regular green (nonfast) blink until I manually reset it.
    I'm having the same problem.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    CV:
    Hmm, I just had a thought (I know, because I smell something burning). Coiuld it have something to do with switching the app in and out of NVRAM? The less free memory the Palm has, the more often things are going to get switched between RAM and NVRAM, I think. I've got a lot of apps installed, currently I have only 3.3MB of memory free. Do you have a 650 yet? With the 600, Butler is always resident in RAM. With the 650, programs can get swapped out of RAM into the NVRAM when they're not "busy." Could Butler, or it's preferences, be getting swapped out of RAM while it's active in the background? When does Butler read and act on it's preference settings?
    maybe it's time to have two versions of butler. one for T600 and one for T650.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions