Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Now I get a soft reset after a full hotsync...
    I get that also, although I'm not positive if its due to butler or not?
    confusedvorlon,

I have both Butler 2.55 and KeyCaps600 0.7 installed on my Treo 600. I have Butler's "ignore" setting set to 3 in the "Key Launcher" preferences, and it works great at first (Butler waits about 2 seconds before launching the shortcut). However, after a while Butler seems to "forget" the ignore setting; when that happens, if I hold down a key for more than about 1/4 second it launches that shortcut, making KeyCaps600 pretty much useless. I have to go in and disable, then re-enable, the Key Launcher option in order to get it working properly again. Didn't have this problem with Butler 2.4. Just thought you'd want to know.

Thanks,
    Jesse
    I have the same keycaps600 issue with 2.55

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I have the same keycaps600 issue with 2.55

thanks
    Yes, this seems to be happening to me, too. Where are you saving the user settings? Something seems to be overriding this one.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Can someone help me out? I seem to have to acknowledge I have a new voicemail before the voicemail notification LED changes to Orange. Is there a way to disable the TREO voicemail notification screen and just have Butler take care of the notification. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing allows me to disable that damn screen notification.
    Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Yes, this seems to be happening to me, too. Where are you saving the user settings? Something seems to be overriding this one.
    Me too -- seems to be better if you set it to 4. However, sometimes the K Launch is going crazy...I'll launch to a particular app, and K launch will launch it 2 or more times.

Just having this issue w/ 2.55 as well.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I get that also, although I'm not positive if its due to butler or not?
    Happening here too...I'll uninstall Butler and try it out at home, but my Soft Reset doesn't happen immediatly after a HotSync.

Yesterday it happened on it's own while I was in my parking garage underground with no signal...

This morning it happened when I tried to make the first phone call after a HotSync.

Anyone else with curious situations?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Ok, it's against my better judgement to post this in a clearly "pro" Butler forum, but then and again what better place to get feedback, right?

I've read and heard a lot about Butler and how everyone who has it loves it. Normally, I don't have a need for to control alerts, alarms, etc, but I also noticed it's only $7.95(holiday discount) right now.

My question to you fellow 600/650 users is for those of you who didn't think they needed it, once you bought it, did you find it to be indispensible? Sort of like when the microwave was introduced.(ok, not the best analogy for this forum) It's Friday, gimme a break

Anyway, this is basically one of those "do I buy now while it's less expensive in the hopes I may use it later" questions. I'm sure I'll end up trying a demo version, but wanted to get other users thoughts/opinions. Also, in reading this thread, it seems like there are still some issues to be worked out.

Anyhow, fire away....
    I thought it was neat when I tried it, nothing special. But I bought it after a day or so. You really begin to rely on many of the features. I wouldn't buy it because you think the price is going to go up. Try it, and if you like it, buy it. If you try it and don't like it, that's it. Delete it and go along your merry way.
    The main reason I use Butler is the K Launch feature. Haven't found this anywhere else. I love being able to launch my most used apps/favorites from anywhere (realize other apps do this, but it didn't match up w/ the T600's built-in favorites menu. Certainly the #1 reason I use Butler -- which is why the latest bug is VERY noticable by me.

The alternate keyguard is a nice touch, but not necessary--but now I'm used to it. I also used it for the command bar option...but a freeware app called Field Plus now does this too.

I'm w/ KRamsauer -- give it a try and see how you like it. I've come to really use it alot...
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    Anyhow, fire away....
    a treo without a 'butler' is like a car without a windscreen
    Can someone come up with a workaround on the Klaunch issue mentioned earlier in this post and also in this post:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...hlight=keycaps

Only remainin issue I have with butler on my T650...thanks
    Charliec
    A necessity? No. But when I had to do a hard reset on my 600, and went most of a day without keylaunch, it drove me nuts. And the attention feature, which keeps buggin me if I miss a call or a page, is a great feature. Well worth the (very low) price.
    Bob Meyer
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I wish that Butler would prevent my SMS notifications from vibrating during my calls. Anyone know how to stop this??
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kilo94
    Me too -- seems to be better if you set it to 4. However, sometimes the K Launch is going crazy...I'll launch to a particular app, and K launch will launch it 2 or more times.
    i have to admit. i am having this problem with K Launch and Keycaps too.
    CV, please do something

TQ
    I am still having issues with resets at the end of hot syncs when butler is installed. I don't mind the resets except when all my saved prefs get deleted and I have to completely restore my device.

My main use for bulter is the alarm clock and the LED functions from the attention manager.

Is there any other software that will blink my LED when an SMS arrives and change the LED orange when I have a voice mail?

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Two big issues seem to be present with Butler 2.55 right now:

1) Butler does not behave properly with KeyCaps. While KLaunch & KeyCaps seem to work together for a while, after a short period applications begin to launch immedietly when holding down a key (KLaunch overriding KeyCaps).
    2) Resets at the completion of hot synchs. This happens for every hot synch for me.

CV, will these be addressed?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Yeah, the resets after sync are disturbing.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    I have no problems with resets after sync (or any other time) at all. You may want to look at another app for that.

The keylaunch problem is affecting me, and it is quite annoying. Keylaunch is the reason I bought TreoButler when it first became available. As described above, any time I set KeyLaunch, or change the delay, it works fine for a while. But eventually it seems to lose the delay setting, and holding a key down jumps to the phone app.

There is also a third problem. "Attention - Incoming Call" doesn't work correctly. About 2/3 of the time, after I answer (not miss) a call, the amber LED lights up and stays on. It won't go off until I reset it using Butler. Deslecting "incoming call" prevents this from happening. And it's not related to Voicemail waiting, as I originally thought. I changed the voicemail waiting icon to solid green, and the LED still lights up solid amber in the above situation.

Hoping for a sollution soon.

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I don't have any resets unless Butler is installed. So I don't know where else to look.

Hopefully when developers get the real deal in their hands these issues can be addressed.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast