Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Still happy with my 600. It's the best phone I've ever had... and that's just it, it does everything else!

I've watched movies on it for crying out loud. FULL MOVIES!

But wait, that's not all. I'm a DJ. I have actually brought "my phone" with me to parties to play music for the first hour or two... How crazy is that!!

To put things in perspective, I HAVE FORGIVEN PALMONE FOR THE SHORTCOMINGS OF THE 600. Even the for the 3 replacements.
    This device is far more valuable to me, than the features I wish they wouldv'e added.

On a side note, I had my 600 since 12/03. I was bragging about it then. All of my friends and family members remember all of that bragging. Now, I'm getting more and more of them try to challenge me and "claim" they have the best phone now! They actually think in their minds that since they just got a new phone, that it's better than my year-old phone! "Oh, look. My phone is better than yours, now. It has music for ringtones" is what they say.

The contest is over when all I do is eject the 1GB SD card, and I let PalmPuke do the talking for me!!
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I'll go along with that, I have had many phones, you do when you actually work for a cell phone company, but the Treo 600 has hands down been the best phone I've ever had, between watching movies, all the music, the games, and for me anyway I just love the way it works as a phone! I am going to wait for a little while to get the 650, I waited a year to get a 600 and its been rock solid since I've bought it, I can't say the same for other smartphones I've had, the 6035, the SX56, bah, none of them hold a candle to my Treo 600
    Drained battery to 25% - no network search, no dropped calls. I just love my original 16 month old Handspring T600. I have speculated that the units manufactured before P1 relocated the manufacturing facility (end of Oct '03) are the best T600s out there. This is the reason I don't want a replacement even if my Treo is starting to get banged up. Everything works and it's the clearest phone I have ever known (including relatives and friends). Best reception too. After reading about the T650's problems - no thanks PalmOne. I don't think I'll even be in a hurry to get the next version. I'll wait for the die hards to beta test. I'll live with my HANDSPRING T600 for a long while.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Yeah, I'll go along with what you guys have said. I got my T600 the day they arrived at the Sprint store in Oct 2003. No replacements, same phone - works great!
    I bought my T600 in December 2003 and even though I did receive two replacements, am very happy with the device.
    My only major problem is my lack of knowledge and ability as to take advantage of all the machine can do.
    Where can a fellow post for 'Help Wanted"? I would gladly pay for in home (Business) training from a skilled power user
    Still on my original T600 from Oct 2003.
    Won't give it up unless it breaks.

BTW I didn't do the last update that screwed up a lot of Sprint phones.
    I got one in December 2004. I have been using Palms for years and I am amazed that this device was designed in 2003. It is still near the cutting edge of technology, with the exception of the 650.
    I echo the above comments, plus being on Verizon, I do not have to worry about the 650 yet.

I LOVE MY TREO 600 on Verizon.

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Still on my original T600 from Oct 2003.
    Won't give it up unless it breaks.

BTW I didn't do the last update that screwed up a lot of Sprint phones.
    The 1.20FW upgrade worked just fine for me. I had to do it for the audio functions. I can do voice memos and record video with sound. You won't be able to without the update. If you have the original HS treo then more than likely the update should work for you. Just my opinion though.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    The 1.20FW upgrade worked just fine for me. I had to do it for the audio functions. I can do voice memos and record video with sound. You won't be able to without the update. If you have the original HS treo then more than likely the update should work for you. Just my opinion though.
    Tks for the advice on the upgrade but the only way I'll get that upgrade is when and if my current Treo 600 dies and they give me replacement Treo 600.

I have read too many horry stories about the upgrade and the benefit to me is nil-I don't need the voice memo or the video function or can't afford to be down until it is sorted out.

But I know many like it and appreciate you encouraging me to do it.

Tks Again
    at the end of november i went to the bb 7100r, and well on jan 2nd the day before i returned to ottawa, i got fed up and made up my mind to go back to my treo...the treo 600 r0xor the big one!!!111
    I love my Treo 600. Being down to one device and one charger is excellent, especially when travelling. I get my email (Snapper), favorite web sites, AvantGo, and Vindigo all wirelessly. I listen to audio books (Audible.com) or MP3s (PTunes) when exercising or commuting. I navigate with Mapopolis (Haicom receiver) when driving somewhere new. Not to mention the usual PDA functions, databases, reference works, and games. I use it constantly!
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Happy!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Happy here too
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Of all the "smart" phones I have used so far (p800, N6600, N6620, BB's), my Treo 600 is the best. Although I would love to upgrade to a Treo 650, I would probably wait until the bugs/kinks are ironed out by Palm One.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Drained battery to 25% - no network search, no dropped calls. I just love my original 16 month old Handspring T600.
    Ditto for me too. It's wonderful.
    Happy with mine (original - Oct 2003). Having bizarre microphone issues where sometimes people say I sound very distant, but other times it works fine. Weird.

Would love 320x320 and faster speed, but not worth the $600 (minus a $150 rebate from Sprint after my 18 months have passed).
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Sprint upgraded me on New Years day from the T300...I freakin LOVE this thing!!!

I can't afford a 650, but at this point I'm not sure I'd spend it for the 650 if I could. $600 is a lot to be bleeding edge.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Happy, VERY happy! I am 100% satisfied with my Treo 600 and it has never let me down.
    I loved my T600 dearly. And wouldn't have gone to the 650 had it not come to me at a significant discount (i.e. I wouldn't pay the $420 Sprint wants for it under normal contractual circumstances). Honestly, there isn't much about the 650 that blows me away. I do like the new display, the camera works better - although image quality is still generally poor, the new keypad isn't all that hot, some of the app switching is actually SLOWER than my T600...But I am finding some new uses for it that may make it a "killer" device. Mainly using it as a remote for my Mac via Salling Clicker. That - in and of itself - may justify the hardware required.

But as I said - I still think that the Treo 600 is the better value right now. The 600 was an evolutionary leap in smartphones and converged devices. The 650 is what Mac-types would call a "speed bump" - an incremental upgrade with some "nice-to-haves" but very few actual groundbreakers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast