1.    #1  
    I ordered my free card back in december but i recieved a strange email from palm. Saying that my card was shipping. The strange part of my order showed that there were two cards on my order.

Dear *****:

We're pleased to inform you that the following item(s) from order
    041231-079646have been shipped. For items with a status other
    than shipped, you will receive an e-mail notification of the shipment
    when it occurs. Your credit card has now been charged for the item(s)
    that have shipped, plus any applicable sales tax.
    Your shipment includes the following item(s):

Item: 1797551
    Description: SIM 128 mb Secure Digital Card
    Quantity: 1 @ $ .00

Item: 1794793
    Description: PALM 128mb Promo for Treo 650
    Quantity: 1 @ $ .00

anyone else get this? will keep you informed if I do get two.
    I got that same email, but I haven't gotten anything yet.
    I received the same email, and received one card.
    Jeff

Motorola StarTac => Cingular Treo 270 => Sprint Treo 600 => Sprint Treo 650 => Sprint Treo 700p
    My guess is that it's for their inventory and tracking purposes... To keep actual sales separate from the promotion.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    yeah, I got that email as well. the second is the discount item is actually the discount to get the card for free.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Item 1794793 is the promo code they use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeos
    I ordered my free card back in december but i recieved a strange email from palm. Saying that my card was shipping. The strange part of my order showed that there were two cards on my order.

Dear *****:

We're pleased to inform you that the following item(s) from order
    041231-079646have been shipped. . .

Wow, I just have to share! PalmOne clearly uses the date of the order as part of the order number (note the 04-12-31 above...), so it is very fascinating to me that this order shipped. My order, 041230-0XXXXX was cancelled despite the fact that it was placed BEFORE his!?!?!?!?

I called PalmOne today, after I noted this particular discrepancy, and they re-submitted my order (not surprisingly, my new order is prefaced, 050112-1XXXXX).

Could it be that they are randomly cancelling orders? Perhaps in hopes that some won't re-submit?

That's probably not a good sign in terms of future commitment to support the product, eh...