1.    #1  
    I'm using a Software which came w/ My BT Dongle...

Called " XTNDConnect ..."...Yet can't perform a Hot Sync...

I get (Treo 650 w/ XP-Pro);

" unable to initiate Hot Sync operation because the port is in use by another application " ...

Can ANYONE HELP

NOTE: The BT (Blue Tooth) finds my Treo (even by Name), I can transfer Files (to ROM, not SD)...yet can't Hot Sync....

Thanks in advance (any input or advice welcomed)
    Did you enable 'local' on the PC hotsync software?
    Sabanum is this still an issue or did you get it resolved?

Anyway, I had similar problems with Hotsync reporting the COM port was in use by another application when I had Hotsync setup to sync through a COM port and also had Windows XP configured to listen for new incoming connections on that COM port. You may want to look under your network properties and see if you have an incoming connection listed. If so, you'll need to remove the COM port you're trying to use for Hotsync from that connection and reboot.

If that's not it, I'm afraid I can't help much. I've never heard of XTNDConnect before. You may try looking in their manual to see if it configures something unusual on COM ports automatically.

--TechDude
    help me decide if bt hotsynch worth it vs cable.
    I guess I would need a bt usb. so.. I would need to put it in usb slot...do I have to set up on treo & computer each time or will both auto discover?
    if its a lot of steps...am I saving any real hassle using bt to hot synch over just using usb cable & pushing 1 button? & what about speed differences?

thanx
    bluethooth is just nice becuase you can do so many other things with it, and hotsync. I use it for moving files between the 2 devices, using 'internal' internet instead of Vision, running RDP clients to local servers, etc...
    ok.. but which is more convenient to hotsynch with... cable or bt?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I find BT hotsync fairly slow for some reason. I haven't heard anything else about it, so I may just have some problem, or maybe I'm just delusional.

I don't charge at the same PC where I hotsync, so it's nice to not have to connect to a cable to hotsync....I just push a few buttons, and put my phone back in its holster...

Anyone know if there is a way to initiate a HotSync from your PC?
    Bok
    so...u can initiate hs from treo only? have to do anything w/computer after pairing 1st time? can u leave the bt usb adapter in usb port all the time or ony when hs..wh3 all is involved?
    can someone rec a good bt usb from bestbuy etc?
  9.    #9  
    Sorry for the delay'd response to my posting...I can't Sync w/ BT...? I have Serial Port set to (COM 7) for Bluetooth Serial Port and Local Area Network Access to (COM 8) for Network Access using PPP...

Do you or would you have any BT Drivers, that WORK?
    Sabanum,

I had the same problem, you need to set the "local" com port to match the com port that your usb Bt adapter is using and all should work.

Give it a try and report back.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  11.    #11  
    I'm going to try that right now...but I'm now having issue w/ the Adapters Drivers...
  12.    #12  
    doesn't work...I can transfer files w/ my BT Dongle...but it won't let me Hot Sync...
    I only have Com 1 and 2 available...I hear that the BT Logo should be in the Task Bar (It isn't)...
  13.    #13  
    doesn't work...I can transfer files w/ my BT Dongle...but it won't let me Hot Sync...
    I only have Com 1 and 2 available...I hear that the BT Logo should be in the Task Bar (It isn't)...
  14.    #14  
    WAIT...STOP THE PRESSES...I GOT HOT Sync to work w/ my BT!

Man...I went to Network Connections like Tech Dude told me! set it up to show the BT Icon in my Task Bar...THEN! I added the COM Port (3) for Incomming in my BT connection, On the Treo 6560 created a New connection to PC w/ BT , named it PC BT... then tried it...worked!

I had to Re-Read Tech Dude's comment and worked THANKS! Keep up the Great Work!
    how do you delete or change an assigned com port in xp? I'm @ a loss
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    how do you delete or change an assigned com port in xp? I'm @ a loss
    Right click the hotsync manager icon in the system tray, and select "setup". Under the local tab, click on the drop-down menu button and select the com port you want to use. Hope this helps.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    noooo..
    how do u change the com port # the computer assigned to bt serial port/& dun in win xp?
    install sp2 first before trying to get BT to work with the treo. It is worth your time.
    I have bt working.. just want control over com ports.