1.    #1  
    After noticing on one of the threads that the new GSM Treo 650 will need a updated SIM card which is 64k bit compatible instead of the 32k bit that AT&T is on.

I have called my AT&T Customer Service Rep. to have them update my Sim card and they advised me that the charter system (initial unlimited Plan for AT&T GSM) will only work on 32 bit thus possibly not working on the Cingular edition Treo. I then called Cingular which reconfirmed that they cannot send me a new Sim card unless i migrate into one of their newer plans (Limited minute use) which i gotta be crazy to accept.

This all said will only apply if the Treo 650 will be locked which is what Cingular says their Treo will come Locked.

If anyone has any idea how to work around it, please post your message on this tread.
  2.    #2  
    Has anyone gotten more info on wether the treo 650will be locked for Cingular?
    Hmmm...
    No WAY I'm going to let anything come between me and my charter plan!
    How can you tell the difference between a 64K sim and a 32K sim? I used my sim from my ATT T600 in a T650 a palm vender had last week at ces and I was able to make a phone call
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigmccoy2
    How can you tell the difference between a 64K sim and a 32K sim? I used my sim from my ATT T600 in a T650 a palm vender had last week at ces and I was able to make a phone call
    was it a Cingular Treo 650 or Generic GSM unlocked?
    I assumed it was unlocked generic phone it did not have a brand logo accept palm and his sim was ATT