1.    #1  
    Has anyone seen a useful punch clock program? I am looking for a simple program that keeps track of how long I have been clocked in at work each day. (I have flexible hours, but need 40 hours a week). I tried the program "puchclock", but it is the most irritating thing I have ever used.
    Any suggestions?
    What don't you like about punchclock?

I use it on a regular basis and think it's pretty good. The only complaint I have with it is that AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $if$ $you$ $forget$ $to$ $punch$ $out$ $there$ $is$ $no$ $way$ $of$ $fixing$ $the$ $number$ $of$ $hours$ $worked$.

Eraser

Originally posted by hgupta:
    Has anyone seen a useful punch clock program? I am looking for a simple program that keeps track of how long I have been clocked in at work each day. (I have flexible hours, but need 40 hours a week). I tried the program "puchclock", but it is the most irritating thing I have ever used.
    Any suggestions?
    I have been looking for a program that will track time, too. But my needs are a little more complicated. I need a program that can track things like Overtime, CompTime (both worked and used/off). I have been using Timesheet and it is ok, but not as advanced as I would like. It only keeps track of the total hours in each category by the day and week. I need something that will keep a running total of my CompTime and OT hours. Anyone seen such an animal?

RobinTX
  4. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I don't know if this will easily solve OT/comp time problems, but I have Think DB for other reasons. Thinking Bytes has a template at their site that allows you to track time. The bonus with using a database to do this is that customize it infinitely. I use it to track all my side jobs.

Joe
  5.    #5  
    That's exactly what I disliked about punchclock. If you forgot to punchout, it screws up your whole week and you can't edit it. It also requireed that you pull out your stylus to just to click the one button--for in/out-- kind of a pain. I downloaded all the timemanagement programs I could last night. If you just have one job/project like me, timecard was the best with its giant thumbsize buttins, but it didn't account for granularity or automatically deducted lunches. I didn't try timesheet yet. Is thinkingDB easy to configure? I'll give that a try.
    I had the same problem looking for something, and ended up with Timesheet. All its records are editable in case you forget to punch out for lunch.
    Ok guys. I have your answer about being able to change existing records. If you noticed, if you click on the Project itself, it gives the Name/In Date/In Time/Granularity?

Well, below that is a button called records.

Click on the record that is in error. It should show the "Edit Time" in the header, here you can change your day to the write day and to the write punch out time. If you forget days. Punch in and out. This gives you a record of zero hours. Then you can go in and change the start date/time and end date/time.

Hope this helps.

I personally like it (hey, its free). I do have to adjust for lunch hour on this. I have to punch out (on the visor that is) an hour early or punch out at the right time, and edit the time anyways so I have the right numbers of hours listed.

I also wish there was a way to get the overall total for the year. Sick Time, Vacation Time, project time, ec.
  8.    #8  
    Does the program "timesheet" account for stuff like sick and vacation hours? Seems like it would be an incredibly easy program to write, and very useful for a lot of people. I think I am going to take this thread over to developers corner and see if anyone is willing. I'm a little too rusty on the programming end.

Well Timesheet already has the source available. (Ah, the GPL.)