1.    #1  
    Is there a version of SwitchBeam for the 600?
    I bought HiLauncher (http://www.hilauncher.com/) and it offers a bunch of system options including the ability to turn beaming on and off quickly. Works great on my 600.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  3.    #3  
    SwitchBeam is used to redirect the beaming of files to a selected app. Not turn off beaming. It works like the "Send Contact" functionality in the Contacts app. Not all Apps have the Send functionality built in. What's the workaround?

Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    I bought HiLauncher (http://www.hilauncher.com/) and it offers a bunch of system options including the ability to turn beaming on and off quickly. Works great on my 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    Is there a version of SwitchBeam for the 600?
    Would Toysoft's Sendit work for you ?

SendIt is a system utility for beaming and sending files using system installed transfer methods. You can Beam files using IR to external devices such as Palm® or PocketPC® handhelds. For Sending you can send files to Local applications such as Treo®Mail, MMS, SMS, SnapperMail® or any Exchange Manager compatible application. You can also send files using Bluetooth.
    SendIt can be configured to replace the system Launcher Beam and Send functions that is found in the App menu. SendIt can beam and send any file no matter it is beam protected or not.
    For Treo® 600 users SendIt works with the Palm® Mail application. With SendIt you can send any files in ram and on the card to the Treo® Mail application.
  5.    #5  
    Do you use this? I appear to be having some problems with it. I have "Replace System Beam and Send" selected in it's prefs. When I go into my Datebook 5 and select "Beam Event" it just goes to the regular beam. When I go into any app and select beam it acts like nothing is different.

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Would Toysoft's Sendit work for you ?

SendIt is a system utility for beaming and sending files using system installed transfer methods. You can Beam files using IR to external devices such as Palm® or PocketPC® handhelds. For Sending you can send files to Local applications such as Treo®Mail, MMS, SMS, SnapperMail® or any Exchange Manager compatible application. You can also send files using Bluetooth.
    SendIt can be configured to replace the system Launcher Beam and Send functions that is found in the App menu. SendIt can beam and send any file no matter it is beam protected or not.
    For Treo® 600 users SendIt works with the Palm® Mail application. With SendIt you can send any files in ram and on the card to the Treo® Mail application.
    No, I just remembered seeing it, send Danny a message or I am sure he will read this eventually.
  7.    #7  
    ToySoft tech support responded indicating that this works only from the Palm Launcher for existing files not within apps like Contacts or DateBook.

Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    Do you use this? I appear to be having some problems with it. I have "Replace System Beam and Send" selected in it's prefs. When I go into my Datebook 5 and select "Beam Event" it just goes to the regular beam. When I go into any app and select beam it acts like nothing is different.