1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I received two Treo 650's today. However, one unit has a noticeable scuff mark and both have fingerprints all over them. The UPS box shows it was shipped from the "Sprint Returns/UPS" location in Louisville, KY. The individual Treo 650 boxes weren't sealed, and the phone unit was not in a plastic packaging like how my G1000 and I700 came in.

1. Does anyone know if their "Sprint Returns/UPS" location is the normal shipping warehouse for their phones?

2. Did your Treo 650 box come sealed, and was the phone in a plastic package?

Or, is this all normal? I'm just trying to make sure I don't get someone else's problems from their returned/refurbed unit.

Thanks,
    Loden
    My Treo box wasn't sealed, but the phone was sealed in a plastic baggie inside.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    My Treo box was sealed, and the phone was in a sealed bag inside the box. It sounds like you might have received re-furbs.
    Don't mean to be rude here -- but are you really asking if a new phone should be new? Umm....hello?
    Actually, I lied. My partner, reading over my shoulder, just reminded me that the box was shrink-wrapped in plastic when I received it.
    I'd be curious what the phone info details are (Phone app, Options, Phone Info). If there's a Phone Number and/or Username, that's a sure sign it ain't new!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    This is a common practice by Sprint to try to resell used phone...they figure a phone returned with 30 days is "new enough".

Return immediately. Get a real new one.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Return the phones. They are pushing off someone else's return on you.
    type ##786. that will give you the stats on the phones
    Quote Originally Posted by Loden
    1. Does anyone know if their "Sprint Returns/UPS" location is the normal shipping warehouse for their phones?
    Loden
    Yes it is.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by steveme
    type ##786. that will give you the stats on the phones
    Thanks for the cool tip . Any more goodies like that?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Maybe it's possible that is was a demo phone. Maybe someone wanted to see what a real one looked like, so they opened up and box and let someone play with it. Checking the stats per that key combo would be your best bet.

Joe
    Curious about this because my 650 was shipped from SPCS Returns too. Unit and packaging looked new but possible the phone was returned and reboxed with fresh accessories. Oddly, there were several pix [dated 10/24-25/04?!?] already uploaded to my Vision Pic Mail album and corresponding entries in the Address Book. ##786 shows no refurb status but displays a warranty date of 12/25/04. Somebody elses Xmas present or my Treo's 'born on' date?