1.    #1  
    Is there any software out there that will let me record both ends of calls on the Treo 650? Thanks...

Shel
    Quote Originally Posted by shelholtz
    Is there any software out there that will let me record both ends of calls on the Treo 650? Thanks...

Shel

You can try PAR www.toysoft.ca/par.html then when you are on a call goto the Phone app and tap on Speaker phone button.

There is no way to record both conversations without putting the phone in speaker mode.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the speaker-phone suggestion; I guess that would work with just about any voice recorder. Somebody should come up with software to allow you to record a call. Too many podcasts, too much need to record interviews. Oh, well. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    You can try PAR www.toysoft.ca/par.html then when you are on a call goto the Phone app and tap on Speaker phone button.

There is no way to record both conversations without putting the phone in speaker mode.
    Thats not true Download both these files and test it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    Hey, I have the T|3 files on my Treo 650 too, so I can record a conversation without putting it in SpeakerPhone with these files?
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    Do you have any documentation on these files? Or maybe just a little more information? I don't like installing files when I have no idea what they do.
    Do you have any documentation on these files? Or maybe just a little more information? I don't like installing files when I have no idea what they do.
    These are the voice memo files from the Tungsten T5, a program that wasn't made available to the Treo but seems to work well none the less.
    Thanks. So is it merely a voice-recording application (much like SoundRec) that uses the mic, correct? As the T5 isn't a telephony device, I assume it doesn't address recording both sides of the conversation. Correct?
    let me know if it works!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Nope... doesn't seem to work on phone calls. I tried it and it recorded only one side of the conversation. (My side).
    I have it on my phone and it records both the other person and myself. It works good. The only downside is the other person is faint sounding and your voice is louder. It also is a little staticy because of the treo mic.

You can record both side either talking on your treo or using speaker phone. The speaker phone makes the voices both louder.

But yes if you stall these files and make a phone call it will record both sides. the program has a volume adjust in the program make sure you have it on a decent level. changing the volume on your treo doesnt have any effect on the record levels.
    Audacity has two very nice recorders for the Treo. You can record both sides of the call in either of two manners. Either using the speakerphone, and it works surprisingly well, or by using the Seidio 2 in 1 headset. Don't get your hope up too high, however, as these are both work arounds. The Treo has many audio switch settings, but none will combine both sides of the cellular conversation and send it to the Palm application input. This is disappointing, but a fact. The two workarounds will and do work, but not perfect. The Audacity programs are at www.AudacityAudio.com.