1.    #1  
    I've used up my trial ruyn on voicedial pro, and I am left with this question... is there nothing better? Has anyone heard of something new that might be better? Sure it recognizes fairly well, but the number recognition didn't work so great.

That said, anything great coming out in the future I could or should hold out for?
    As long as voice dialing is your goal, I don't think VoiceSignal can be beat. It is absolutely incredible!
  3.    #3  
    You know? I went ahead and bought it. It's 20 bucks. I was just trying to make the best of my 20 is all. SO, I guess it's mine, and I'll learn to love it. Thanks!
    Dont give up on voice dialer pro alot of good things are going to start happening i am testing a beta for them on my 650 and like what i see so far.

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    I've used up my trial ruyn on voicedial pro, and I am left with this question... is there nothing better? Has anyone heard of something new that might be better? Sure it recognizes fairly well, but the number recognition didn't work so great.

That said, anything great coming out in the future I could or should hold out for?
    Hello,

Have you been able to look at the new Voice Dialer Pro 1.0.2?

It has addressed listening issues on Treo 650.

Thanks,
    The Support Team!
    I've tried this thing for the last day or so and my conclusion is it doesn't work at all.

I've had 4 soft resets.

I've had zero matches even when recording and testing in a quiet room.

I've got better things to do with my time than test a program that needs a lot of testing.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    digit dialing work nearly perfect for me after the training..Did you do the training??
    Digit dialing? Are you using Voice Dial Pro?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    voice dial by voicesignal, the full version of the demo that comes with, is what i use...you can train it for better digit dialing
    ive never wanted to use voice dial before after having it on my frist cell phone back in March of 2001...when i downloaded VoiceSignal, within 5 mins i had bought the software...its simply amazing
    Voice Command is better IMO, unfortunately it's a M$ product and is only available for PPC. After using it on the SX66, I will never purchase any voice software for PalmOS unless it at least as capable as Voice Command. Voice Command needed no training, digit dialing was near perfect, even when speaking from three feet away from the phone, and contact dialing worked just as well.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Voice dial by voicesignal dials digits very close to perfect with no training...but with training I can even speak faster...
    If you haven't tried Voice Command before, I urge you to find someone with a PPC phone and give it a whirl just to see what we're missing on Palm OS. Hopefully it's just a matter of time.
    Just don't hope to do it via BT os Palm OS 5.x--this thread has zeroed-in on one of the (few) primary advantages of PPC. Alas, even the Nokia 6620 is lacking in this regard. Only one voice tag can be assigned per contact. How absurd...

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ive never wanted to use voice dial before after having it on my frist cell phone back in March of 2001...when i downloaded VoiceSignal, within 5 mins i had bought the software...its simply amazing
    Can you get Voice Dial to work with BT?