Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I swear I read this somewhere but i can't find it now...

    My "P" button is sticking. I thought my keyguard was broken when I was unable to get back into my phone. After some experimentation I realized my "P" button is sticking . It FEELS different than all the other buttons, and when in a text application spits out hundereds of "P" 's.

    With all the other software/hardware problems on this thing, have I found another shoddy hardware issue? Has anyone else had this problem?

    I guess it's time for ANOTHER trip to the Sprint Store.... *sigh*
    Last edited by zorro869; 01/12/2005 at 12:45 AM.
  2. #2  
    Read the guidelines

    Do a Search

    Read the posts

    Save the Board from repeat questions and duplicate threads

    Avoid getting people "P'ed" off!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869
    I swear I read this somewhere but i can't find it now...

    My "P" button is sticking. I thought my keyguard was broken when I was unable to get back into my phone. After some experimentation I realized my "P" button is sticking . It FEELS different than all the other buttons, and when in a text application spits out hundereds of "P" 's.

    With all the other software/hardware problems on this thing, have I found another shoddy hardware issue? Has anyone else had this program.

    I guess it's time for ANOTHER trip to the Sprint Store.... *sigh*
    I had the same problem. I used rubbing alochol at an upward angle with a baby dropper. Mines was due to a spill though. - Good luck
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  4. #4  
    zorro869,

    your not pissing me off (some of the oldsters around here think they own the place!)

    LOL!
  5. #5  
    Zorro869

    Your gonna have to do some surgery. I work for Sprint PCS. A 650 came in with the whole bottom part of the keyboard not working, including the P. Open her up and get to the part where the keyboard is. Your gonna have to repop the metal buttons on the electronic board. It's a toughy and takes some patience. But it'll work again.

    Word to the wise. Case It or keep your treo keyboard towards your body. That way you hit something hard, your body is the cushion for your keyboard.
  6.    #6  
    4 replies in a few hours... Ahh the days when I thought 300 baud was high speed communication.

    PCSCURT- THANK YOU soooo much for your attention. I actually went to the friendly Sprint store and in a matter of hours (lol) the problem was fixed- new phone, no questions. (I'm the first to open up anything, but with the phone is 7 days old I figured it was Sprint's deal. You were a little late, or I might have!)

    SofTTware- THANK YOU for being a cool person, and countering any un-cool vibes around here. Thank you thank you thank you.

    GeekyMom- You rock as well.

    Midmofan- Ok... now. I'm going to try to write in not all caps...

    Please re-read sentence #1 in my post. (My girlfriend sat here and watched me HARD search the internet for more than an hour. I searched this site, as well as another and must have gone through some 500+ posts. I dunno, somehow I'm an ***** at searching got a link?)

    I KNOW the rules here. Not that I've read them- I haven't. I know a little about COMMON SENSE. I am a LURKER here. I NEVER post. Perhaps you are charged per byte or something? I bet it's a case of flame addiction. I forgive you. It's just sad that you were the first post, and then three wonderful souls gave me three different answers in about 5 hours. I love this forum. MAKE ME KEEP IT THAT WAY.


    Thanks all,

    ZoRRo
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PCSCURT
    Zorro869

    Your gonna have to do some surgery. I work for Sprint PCS. A 650 came in with the whole bottom part of the keyboard not working, including the P. Open her up and get to the part where the keyboard is. Your gonna have to repop the metal buttons on the electronic board. It's a toughy and takes some patience. But it'll work again.

    Word to the wise. Case It or keep your treo keyboard towards your body. That way you hit something hard, your body is the cushion for your keyboard.
    Huh????? A person who works for Sprint is recommending that a customer void the warranty on their Treo 650???? The least you could tell Zorro, is to do this at his own risk in addition to specifically mentioning that he will be voiding the warranty. Thank goodness Zorro had enough sense to go to the Sprint store rather than do it himself!!!!

    As a matter of fact I am hoping you are not really a Sprint employee but an imposter as its really disheartening to think that Sprint would publicly make this "recommendation".

    nuff said.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  8. #8  
    wow...otter princess

    I hoped one would view this post as an insight, and understand that this has happened before. Mostly due to the customers lack of care. Further more, this forum is not a Sprint sponsored arena so one would assume things are recommendations only. DUN hmmm thats sponsored too right??? I mean palmone put the code in the phone, it must be sponsored.

    Zorro your lucky. I would have voided your warranty!!! Thats physical abuse man. But hats off to ya....nice work!! Glad I could help.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by PCSCURT
    wow...otter princess

    I hoped one would view this post as an insight, and understand that this has happened before. Mostly due to the customers lack of care. Further more, this forum is not a Sprint sponsored arena so one would assume things are recommendations only. DUN hmmm thats sponsored too right??? I mean palmone put the code in the phone, it must be sponsored.

    Zorro your lucky. I would have voided your warranty!!! Thats physical abuse man. But hats off to ya....nice work!! Glad I could help.
    Not following your logic, your analogy, or your name calling.

    My point, if you read my post, was that you are publicly saying your are a Sprint employee and you are also publicly recommending that someone open up his unit and void the warranty. I specifically said that if you were going to do that you should at least mention that its at his own risk.

    And, again, I am curious as to why you wouldn't recommend he simply bring the unit in to get fixed.

    I stand by my comments.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869

    Midmofan- Ok... now. I'm going to try to write in not all caps...

    I KNOW the rules here. Not that I've read them- I haven't. I know a little about COMMON SENSE. I am a LURKER here. I NEVER post.

    ZoRRo
    Sigh... If you did read the forum guidlines, it pretty clearly requests that you should do a search on the forum before asking a question. There are many good reasons for this. Extranious posts clog up the board, push relevent topics off the first page, make it harder to find recent threads of interest and, very importantly, make it more difficult for those who DO do a forum search to be certain that they have found the best thread for the answer. And although wasted bandwidth doesn't cost ME anything, it does cost somebody. Finally, if you do lurk often, you should have seen this issue (of searching before posting) several times.

    I suspect that your (only) 4 responses were due to the fact that people get so tired of the repeat questions by folks who dont search the forum is that they just ignored you. Sorry if I offended you, but I was trying to point that out.

    A simple search of the phrase "P key" gets you, on the very first returned page the following threads:

    "Sticky P on Keyboard"
    "Inferior Keyboard"
    "The P Key of Doom"
    "Build Quality"
    and several overall reveiws that each discuss the issue of the "P" key.

    The search feature even highlights your selected keywords for you so you can quickly scan to the posts that are relevent. Indeed, the only problem with the search feature is that it can, sometimes, give you TOO many threads. Of course that is often caused by people starting new threads without searching, so.....

Posting Permissions