1.    #1  
    I downloaded version 1.3 of Certicom's Secure memo Pad. Since it uses a 160 bit key Eliptic Curve algorithm from Certicom, I'm confident it is very secure.

I do have one problem. All the text in the memos is underscored. I compared this to the text in the standard memo pad application. There are no underscores with the standard memo pad. Is anyone else having this problem? I would like to use Certicom's Secure Memo Pad but the underscores are annoying.

Thanks for the help,
    Ed

You're right it is, and there's no way to turn it off. However, it's not a physical underscore, in that it doesn't stay with the note. If you hotsync an unencrypted note (say to outlook) it will appear normally in that program (without the underscores). I don't know why Certicom did this, they already had dotted line markers, so they didn't need to underscore the text as well. Maybe it is to show where non-printable characters are, such as spaces, in case you don't want trailing spaces.

------------------
    Jay
    Annoying it might be, but it seems to work real well! The fact that it is from a commericial security company makes me feel a little better also.