1.    #1  
    OK...maybe I'm cheap, but:
    1. I already have RealPlayer
    2. My Treo650 can use MIDI or ARM ringtones already
    3. I use a Mac (OSX)
    4. EVERYTHING I've found that allows me to use MP3s as ringtones requires PTunes (which forces me to buy something I don't need)
    5. I still haven't found an MP3 to ARM converter that is free and works on Mac.

Does ANYONE have any solutions that don't require buying more apps?

Thanks...
    bump
    Nokia multimedia converter
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by dhockstad
    OK...maybe I'm cheap, but:
    1. I already have RealPlayer
    2. My Treo650 can use MIDI or ARM ringtones already
    3. I use a Mac (OSX)
    4. EVERYTHING I've found that allows me to use MP3s as ringtones requires PTunes (which forces me to buy something I don't need)
    5. I still haven't found an MP3 to ARM converter that is free and works on Mac.

Does ANYONE have any solutions that don't require buying more apps?

Thanks...
    when you register your treo with palmone online, you will (or should) receive a free copy of pTune via email.
    I registerd with P1 and didn't get squat? Do they send you the full version of PTunes?
    I have a ton of MP3 and WAV files on my PC that I'd like to use for ringtones. It is possible to convert them to MIDI or ARM files so the 650 can use them?
    Shoot, I just did a little research and figured out that MIDI files kind of suck. do ARM files convert an mp3/wav effectively?
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    when you register your treo with palmone online, you will (or should) receive a free copy of pTune via email.
    This is not true for the 650. The 650 comes with RealPlayer built in. No free pTunes. And when I tried to install the pTunes that I got when registering my 600 onto my 650, it seemed to check specifically for the 600, and started to count down to expiration.
    Last edited by arognlie; 02/01/2005 at 09:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Just downloaded Ringo from Sprint's website. It was 19.99 - only 9.99 after my $10/month towards downloads. This guy does not require pTunes, which is why I bought it. Seems to be thought of highly from board members. I've only had it an hour or so, but so far so good......
    Bok
    is there any way to move ring tones to a sd card?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    I didn't...and I THINK that is only true of the 600, not the 650...does anyone know?
    The issue here is that RealPlayer doesn't publish and API (way for 3rd party apps to interface with it)

PhoneTechnician does expand your options - it works with AeroPlayer and MMPlayer as well...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre