Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've got a Treo 650 came in handy story. I took my family out to dinner and a movie this week. The restaurant was busy and they gave me a pager. My wife and kids walked next door to a jewelry store, I caught up a minute latter. She found a ring that just thrilled her. This is unusual for my sweetheart; she's just is not a collector of things. I waited until the pager went off then sent my youngest to the restaurant. Of course my wife was soon following. I quickly grabbed that salesgirl and asked her to get the ring out that my wife liked so much. I told her that I want to take a picture of it. She started to offer to write down the info for me. I said no I want a picture. She placed the ring on her own hand and held her hand out. By then I had my T650 camera up and ready and snapped a shot. I hit the email option and added the particulars (stock #, name of store). I then sent it to myself. The T650 did the sending from my jacket while I caught up with my family. So next time I want to get my wife a fancy bobble I know just what she likes; Iíve got a picture and a backup on the web and on my PC.
    Perfect!
    On checking flights, even using non-moble sites the treo blazer combo does better than a phone call (IMO). I just bookmark the site before the time I need the info. Then checking goes rather fast.
    Of course a hands free call is better while driving...
    Check out flight status @ www.andrewsoft.net. It has ETA plus altitude and speed. It is free, but you can contribute to this 14 year old's college fund.
    FastFrank
    Holy Cow, that's awesome!
    Back during the Northeast blackout a little while back, I remember a news article describing the people making their way down the dark staircases after the power went off guided by the gentle blue glow of their Treo.
  6. bsm
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank
    Check out flight status @ www.andrewsoft.net. It has ETA plus altitude and speed. It is free, but you can contribute to this 14 year old's college fund.
    Thanks FastFrank!!!
    I use my treo for alot of things, I went online and search for Highways cams in my city. I got book marks of all the highways i could take and different exit (is very well labled). I check it on my way out no matter where im going, i know if im going to get in to a nasty traffic jam.

Also my and buddys from work went out to a club (we were lost, dont even know how we got the place in the first place) and we could not get in becuase of the dress code, I quickly pulled out the treo... a few phone calls, text messages and MAPQUEST we were in another place in no time. I was happy because i got a change to show off the power of the my SMART phone. I know GPS might have been better but MAPQUEST was good enough.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    You can take a video of a dying relative even if you cannot afford a video camera :-(
    Wow, that brought the room down.
    ~'kito
    Here's my contribution:

1. On the (rare) occasions that I send my hubby to the grocery store, I export a Smartlist of what we need to a memo and print it out using my Sipix printer. Can do this from the car and just hand him the list as he heads out!
    2. Our pantry is in the basement so rather than having to go down there to check what we have "in stock", I keep another Smartlist of what's down there.
    3. Using Verichat, keep a buddy pounce on my niece to see if she's crept onto the computer after her bedtime! (Its also great because she knows she can reach me anytime if she just needs to talk)
    4. Control TIVO by selecting a show to record.
    5. If a movie is sold out, we use Avantgo to find out where the next closest theatre is.
    6. Use EzFTP to access work files and get a project complete at the last minute.
    7. Look pre-occupied on the train if it looks like there's a mile-a-minute talker next to me!
    8. Using Agendus and the to-do list, keep track of who we sent out Xmas cards to...not a huge deal, but with a huge family, you don't want to lose track. By saving the list, I can click on the contact and look up their history to see if they got a card or not.
    9. Use PocketReport to create reports from data in MobileDB. (A friend once called me when I was away from home and asked for zip codes... I downloaded a Zip code list from Mobile DB, exported it to Excel and sent it as an email all from my treo!)
    10. Use ProfileMD to keep track of all my medical info. I can also keep a list of ??? to ask the dr and have it when I am in the examining room.

...wow, I am a geek!!!!
    I'm a musician. I was at a gig Christmas Eve when the MC asked me to play something from my CD. While I keep performance tracks with me, they did not have a CD player.

Thankfully, I had backed up my tracks on OGG format and kept them on my SD card. I connected a patch cord to my Treo stereo jack and played the track through their sound system and played along.

Despite the fact that I gave a very good rendition, many were more impressed with the phone
    Southwest Airlines lets you check in online beginning at Midnight on the day of the flight. Online check-in puts you in the first group to board the plane (with open seating, you want to be in the first group for first choice of seats). Though traveling without my laptop, I used my Treo to check in. Then the desk agent printed the boarding pass that I could not print while mobile.

There was a long line for that flight. That was a bonus.
    I have a web cam at home to keep an eye on my dog. Although I can't view the web cam direct with my Treo, I use Win-Hand, and pull up the web cam on my home PC, and view it on my Treo! The frame rate is a little slow, but it works.

My web cam in my palm, it rocks.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    lulugirl-
    Tivo? Mind expanding on how you do this??
    You create an account on the TIVO website... you'll then be able to access it from your Treo. Once the account is set up you are then able to remotely select a show to record. The request is passed onto the TIVO box and will record.
    Mobi∑gas∑mic!
  16.    #36  
    The lists keep growing and growing. Also cool too, to see what apps people use, and how handy they are. I had to send my laptop in at work, and if I had the Treo, I wouldn't have to be in the basement using the computer down here. I could be upstairs watching the KU game which i'll go do now.
    Quote Originally Posted by drummindave
    The lists keep growing and growing. Also cool too, to see what apps people use, and how handy they are. I had to send my laptop in at work, and if I had the Treo, I wouldn't have to be in the basement using the computer down here. I could be upstairs watching the KU game which i'll go do now.
    agreed. but i think that may need a new thread
    Where can I download Vindigo? Its available on Sprint's home page for other phones, but apparently not my Treo. How stupid.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    ~'kito
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12