Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Whenever I try and transfer files larger then a few megabytes, via the PalmOne Quick Install app and then HotSyncing, I eventually get a "HotSync Interrupted" message. Thus, I was wondering if there was any other way to transfer large files (i.e. media files) to the 650 besides using (1) the Palm syncing software or (2) an (SD) card reader/writer.

I remember seeing a utilitly somewhere that evidently allowed you to sync files to an external card installed in a Palm device, but I have no idea how to find it nor if it would solve my problem.

I eventually plan to buy a card reader/writer, but would like to see if I can find a work around for now.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
    Hey Peter,

The name of the program is card exporter. You should be able to find it at www.handango.com.

A
    Are these just data files, or are they programs your trying to install. If they are data files, why wouldn't you just get an sd card reader and transfer the file through windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    Whenever I try and transfer files larger then a few megabytes, via the PalmOne Quick Install app and then HotSyncing, I eventually get a "HotSync Interrupted" message. Thus, I was wondering if there was any other way to transfer large files (i.e. media files) to the 650 besides using (1) the Palm syncing software or (2) an (SD) card reader/writer.

I remember seeing a utilitly somewhere that evidently allowed you to sync files to an external card installed in a Palm device, but I have no idea how to find it nor if it would solve my problem.

I eventually plan to buy a card reader/writer, but would like to see if I can find a work around for now.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    Are these just data files, or are they programs your trying to install. If they are data files, why wouldn't you just get an sd card reader and transfer the file through windows?
    Yes these are data files (i.e. media files) and I do plan to buy a card reader/writer (as I stated above), but I was looking for a more immediate free solution I could use when I got home tonight. If there are no free applications that can do this then I suppose I will go out and buy a card reader/writer as it makes little sense to pay the same money for a program.

Thanks.
    Once you use a card reader you will never go back. It makes things so much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    ...but I was looking for a more immediate free solution I could use when I got home tonight. ...
    I use Softick Card Export for awhile and like it very much.
    Go there: www.softick.com and download the FREE trial version.... until you get a card reader.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brightcell
    I use Softick Card Export for awhile and like it very much.
    Go there: www.softick.com and download the FREE trial version.... until you get a card reader.
    Thanks! I think I just needed a little convincing. I am going to try and pickup a Sandisk reader/writer on the way home tonight.