1.    #1  
    Just got the email, BackupBuddyVFS Pro 3.07 with support for the T|5 and Treo 650 is out of beta. Has worked the best of all the backup programs I have tried on my Treo 650.

No affiliation, just a registered user.

http://www.bluenomad.com/
    I am anxious to try BackupBuddyVFS Pro 3.07, but I fear your post is a smidge premature. The BlueNomad web site still has V3.06 with the warning that Treo 650 support isn't there yet.

Maybe later today? !

ChickenHawk
    Here's copy if the email...

Thanks to all you Beta testers for your help!
    We are releasing 3.07 BBVFS with preliminary support for the Tungsten
    T5 and Treo 650.

There are some issues we are still looking into including photo and video file backup, and an issue with "out of memory" error. We feel this version is ready for use however and have tested with no problems on a T5 device.

If you would like the latest version, please download the 3.07 version and replace your current beta version. It is best to first delete all backup files and previous version before updating. You may need to reinstall your registration key file afterwards.
  4.    #4  
    And it is up, here are some links. Are you running from a cached page or something?

Download Page:
    http://www.bluenomad.com/bbvfs/prod_bbvfs_download.html

Direct Link:
    http://www.bluenomad.com/bbvfs/bbvfspro.zip

Hope it works for everyone. Does for me. Seems these 650's have a tendency to allow some apps to work for some people, but none to work for all...
    I had checked Blue Nomad's page this morning before checking Treo Central. They didn't have it available at 6:30 central time. By the time I had seen this post on Treocentral it had been posted. The file date it 1/11/05. I have it in my install que, but I have to get home to use my cable. I'll do my first test tonight.
    so no luck with backing up pics & videos doryet with this new release?
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Here's copy if the email...

There are some issues we are still looking into including photo and video file backup, and an issue with "out of memory" error. We feel this version is ready for use however .......

Sounds just like the problems listed on Backupman.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Hmmm, I was going to purchase this but guess I will purchase Teal backup instead after the trial period.
    I tried the latest version but I still got a soft reset during the backup process (it appeared to be when VoiceDial popped up). Backupman never does this (although it does not successfully restore VoiceDial; I'm not sure if any program can backup/restore VoiceDial). But I get soft resets after most successful backups with Backupman. So far, there is no ideal backup solution yet for the 650. When I asked the Backupman guys about the soft reset, they did not offer any support at all!
    I just downloaded V3.07 Pro.

I installed it (after doing a Hotsync) and did a backup. Then I hard-reset my Treo 650. Afterwards I ran BackupBuddyVFS Pro from my SD card. It recognized a reset had just occurred and asked me if I wanted to do a Restore (Yes, I guess I did).

After restore I could not find a single thing which wasn't the way it was supposed to be. All of my shareware remembered it's registration keys, my 2 paired bluetooth devices were still paired, calendar, contacts, everything. I was totally amazed.

Other software I had experimented with usually missed something (i.e. a few shareware registrations for some reason, and my bluetooth devices).

I got no resets during backup or restore (except the one it prompts you to do on purpose after the restore has completed).

I'm pretty impressed out of the box. I'll play with it for at least a week before I spend money, but it's hard to argue with something that got it all right the first time.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    After restore I could not find a single thing which wasn't the way it was supposed to be. All of my shareware remembered it's registration keys, my 2 paired bluetooth devices were still paired, calendar, contacts, everything. I was totally amazed.
    Similar story here. It even remembered the last tab I was viewing in LauncherX before I did the hard reset. Incredible!
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I tried the latest version but I still got a soft reset during the backup process (it appeared to be when VoiceDial popped up). Backupman never does this (although it does not successfully restore VoiceDial; I'm not sure if any program can backup/restore VoiceDial). But I get soft resets after most successful backups with Backupman. So far, there is no ideal backup solution yet for the 650. When I asked the Backupman guys about the soft reset, they did not offer any support at all!
    The soft resets you get after a successful backup come from butler. This is a known issue. Copy butler to your SD card and delete it from your handheld before you do a backup, and you will have no reset. After the backup, copy it back to the phone. Not convenient I know, but until CV gets a fixed version, this is the workaround I am forced to deal with. P.S. butler was also what caused the soft reset with my hotsync.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    acousticbiker -

I think you can configure BackupBuddyVFS Pro exclude VoiceDial from the backup process. Go into Advanced mode, choose Preferences from the Options menu, check "Use my set," and tap OK. Then choose Select All from the File menu, then look in the file list below and de-select any entries having to do with VoiceDial. Then your backup should run smoothly, assuming VoiceDial was causing the problem. (Of course, VoiceDial won't be backed up, but hey, this is better than nothing.) If Butler is causing the problem, though (as thomasanderson suggests), then you'll still get the resets.

I don't have any personal experience with this method as I do a full backup, but it ought to work.

HTH, Jesse
    I too got no resets during backup.
    ~'kito
    I have had no resets with BackupBuddy's latest release as well as the beta. I am running VoiceDial. I have had numerous resets or memory errors with BackupMan. I have restored with BackupBuddy with no problem. I did get a couple of "database open" messages, but I did have the radio on. I did not find anything wrong with the restore. Of course, VoiceDial did not restore. But, that is not to be expected at this time. I just keep the installer on my SD card and re-install after a restore.
    Worked for me too. Really nice. No issues.
    Spoke too soon.

I found in a subsequent restore that the files NetPrefs and NetworkDB cause a soft reset and abort the restore. However, the restore goes fine when I use the advanced mode and restore all the other files except these two.

The only effect of not restoring these files appears to be the loss of custom network connections. So, if you have set up a custom network connection (like I have for reverse DUN via Bluetooth) in your Network preferences, you will lose the custom ones. The default PCS Vision and Sprint Provisioning connections are untouched.

Minor annoyance, but can be worked around.
    Interesting. The reset was caused not by the files themselves, per se, but rather by the way BBVFS compresses them. The error message is attached.

I backed up and restored with the "compress backup" preference unchecked, and these files caused no trouble whatsoever.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please report those issues to BlueNomad ASAP if you haven't already.
    Thanks.
    ~'kito