1.    #1  
    Well, I am stuck here in Va, doing business away from my home in Florida. yesterday, I realized i had left my charge cord in FL. Of course, I could go down to the Sprint store and buy me one, for $30-$50. Certainly that would be cheaper than upgrading my Treo600 to the 650 I rationed.

I had decided to wait on the 650, opting to 'skip' a model, hoping the next one included Wi-FI and, longer battery life and, just maybe, wireless USB.

But just as I strode into the Sprint store, my eyes caught the Treo 650 on display... I had never seen one in person before. Was it on, I thought to myself? (I touched the red button).

The screen lit up and.....it was over. Throw in the towel! I mean, 'why pay $50 for something that, for only 12x more the cost, I could have the 650, I rationed.

Clearly, I have a problem. For then and there, I dropped $650 and left with my 650. I still have my 600. Oh, the 650 is a beauty, but I feel like I have cheated on my wife or something. The 600 is looking so lonely, so abused, resting there all dark and silent while my 650 whizzes through the internet at breakneck speeds and with noticeable clarity.

Alas, what is done is done. For as UB40 said it best:

"Love is a thing, well, its kind of like quicksand:
    The more you are in it, the deeper you sink.
    And when it hits you, you've just got to fall."

Someone catch me....
    AO
    I know, I still have my T600, every time I look at it laying on my desk next to the T650, it looks like it's crying...Like an orfan or something...
    Anyway, enjoy it, drastic move I would say, But...
    yeah...you think it looked cute in the store....just wait till you get it home and start loading stuff onto it...my gawd this thing is amazing....

although the 'speed' issues are well-documented, but i think we are all just so used to 'click and its there'....a side by side comparison with my old Kyocera 6035, my new kyocera 7135, and my semi-new treo 600 made me not as unhappy about the perceived speed issued. i've abused the hell out of my 650 with huge apps, custom ROMS, etc etc....and i've had very little problems (most were just attributed to my being overzealous...) my poor other phones are sitting the a big electronic heap like a pile of 'not-so-popular' toys neglected on christmas day....

in all seriousness.....do NOT backup your new 650 from your old 600.....i dont care what files ppl on these boards tell you are ok to delete....i did a fresh install of every program, and i've never had a problem....seems like the issues stem from legacy apps that some people carry over from their 600. take the time and just load it fresh..trust me, it's worth it.

the T650 rocks the house that rocks the house. enjoy!!!

stephen
  4.    #4  
    I restored using BackupBuddy VFS. What a mistake. The 650 was put into a reset loop and just kept resetting and resetting and resetting....

I almost couldn't hard reset. Thought I had to take it back, but finally i did the hard reset successfully. Wheh!

Anyone know what a Treo600, used, is going for on Ebay these days?
    Ao
    Quote Originally Posted by orrgroup
    I restored using BackupBuddy VFS. What a mistake. The 650 was put into a reset loop and just kept resetting and resetting and resetting....

I almost couldn't hard reset. Thought I had to take it back, but finally i did the hard reset successfully. Wheh!

Ao
    Not sure, but I'm going to sweeten the deal on mine by including the car charger and the free 128 MB sd card I got from Palm
    I have seen some on eBay for as low as $150 buy-it-now with stock accessories. You could possible get more, maybe $200 or $250 if you include extras. Just take GREAT pics of the item and describe everything in the ad, that helps.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by orrgroup

Ao
    I sold my 600 on Ebay with all accessories (car charger, travel charger, keyboard, etc). I got $400 yesterday. No lie.
    I have looked everywhere for a cure to my own treo addiction. I have climbed the highest mountain. I have travelled around the world. I have plunged into the depths of the human soul.

no cure so far ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    I have seen some on eBay for as low as $150 buy-it-now with stock accessories. You could possible get more, maybe $200 or $250 if you include extras. Just take GREAT pics of the item and describe everything in the ad, that helps.
    I got $280 for mine 3 weeks ago. Refurb with lots of chargers, 128MB SD card, case, and mic.