Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Get it here: http://www.firstloox.org/index.php?c...&p13_fileid=65

There are two files. One for palmOS generic and one for PalmOS5. The generic version has an option for "Treo", OS5 version doesn't. I have tried to get it to work but it appears I need to get a group authentication password from my IT dept. I'll report back if I get it working.

EDIT: This supports IPsec

Dave
    Last edited by Helevitia; 01/11/2005 at 02:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    This is totally awesome. I'm going to try and get this working on my 600 and also a 650 if I can get my hands on one. Is this software for sale? I thought Certicom was completely getting out of the consumer VPN business, but those PDF files are dated November 2004. What's the deal? Also, do these installs require license files or are they already licensed and/or free?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyder81
    This is totally awesome. I'm going to try and get this working on my 600 and also a 650 if I can get my hands on one. Is this software for sale? I thought Certicom was completely getting out of the consumer VPN business, but those PDF files are dated November 2004. What's the deal? Also, do these installs require license files or are they already licensed and/or free?
    Certicom did get out the the consumer side but I figured the software had to be floating around somehwere so I searched for it and finally found it. When you go to about:license, it says it is "unlimited".

I know it is for sale from two other companies. I am not sure why this particular site is hosting the files??? If it is posted illegaly, I'm sure we will find out soon enough.
    Seems risky to install VPN software from an unknown source. How do you know this is not a trojan. Seems like you would want to be SURE you weren't comprising your network with a compromised VPN client.
    Don
    Quote Originally Posted by Helevitia
    Get it here: http://www.firstloox.org/index.php?c...&p13_fileid=65

There are two files. One for palmOS generic and one for PalmOS5. The generic version has an option for "Treo", OS5 version doesn't. I have tried to get it to work but it appears I need to get a group authentication password from my IT dept. I'll report back if I get it working.

EDIT: This supports IPsec

Dave
    Which one did you try? Generic or OS5?

Since I'm @ work, do you think there's a way I can e-mail it to myself, save to card, and install from there????
    Nice find!

The generic has an option for : either "Palm, Tungsten W, or Kyocera" or "Treo"
    while the OS5 version has options for: "Tungsten C" or "Tungsten T3"

I'm at work so it won't let me install, since the executable will install both a desktop client and a prc. Can anyone who has installed it just post the PRC here?
    Last edited by albertb; 01/11/2005 at 09:39 AM.
    FYI, The generic palm version doesn't work for me when I select palm. I just tried the OS5 version and installed with the Tungsten T3 setting. The program now opens and integrates with the OS. I am now in the Palm preferences under VPN and am going to try to get it to connect.
    I just installed Movian VPN. I'm using the version for the T3. Connecting to a Nortel Contivity system.. Works great... Yipeee!! I can see my corporate webservers and email.

I can browse the regular internet, too.

On thing I did after I installed Movian was deleted the following from Ram:
    VPNPanel.prc
    VPNPanel_enUS.PRC

I did this because the Treo 650 already has these applications built into Rom. I figured the versions on the Treo 650 are probably more suited for the 650.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati08
    Seems risky to install VPN software from an unknown source. How do you know this is not a trojan. Seems like you would want to be SURE you weren't comprising your network with a compromised VPN client.
    Don
    It's not that risky. I didn't find it on a warez site. I found it on a site that sells PDA's. On top of that, I scanned it of course for viruses. I think it was a site that was distributing it for Certicom at some point and has forgotten to take it down myabe? Who knows?

When I get to work, I am going to try and get it working. I'll report back my results.
    I'm using Versamail to connect to my companies IMAP email server(exchange 2003).

I tried Exchange activesync to our email server and web email servers. Tested ok, but no luck with the sync.

Anyone know of a better IMAP email app then Versamail (or know if they are fixing it). Versamail seems to crash my Treo 650.

I need something that can automatically check mail every so many minutes..

Snappermail?
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    I'm using Versamail to connect to my companies IMAP email server(exchange 2003).

I tried Exchange activesync to our email server and web email servers. Tested ok, but no luck with the sync.

Anyone know of a better IMAP email app then Versamail (or know if they are fixing it). Versamail seems to crash my Treo 650.

I need something that can automatically check mail every so many minutes..

Snappermail?
    SnapperMail and Chatter are the two best I've found to connect and poll for email from a corp. IMAP server. The key difference between the two is that Snapper will also handle POP3 accounts and pulls email from the server. Chatter only handles IMAP and has push functionality (a la Blackberry)
    Helevitia- you are the man- i've been looking for this for so long...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Wow, this is cool. Anyone with a Sonicwall ? They are not listed among the other manufactures, however it appears that this client supports all the standard protocols. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Has anyone else tried this on their 600? I am able to connect with the Palm 4 version but I can't get to any internal resources. I'm thinking it's a DNS issue, but I can't even ping internal resources by IP. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Great hookup, thanks!

I have the software installed as a T3. (Edit: I am using a 650) I am trying to use it with a Cisco endpoint (I can use either a VPN 3000 or Cisco PIX firewall) but it doesn't seem to work, yet. I am probably overlooking something stupid. When examining the logs on the VPN 3000, I don't even see a single 'hit' from the movian client.

Here are my install details (that currently don't work):
    -Installed all 6 palmOS files that came with install, reset device
    -Looked through Mem for VPN files referenced earlier in this thread (to delete), didn't find them (using FileZ)
    -The manual talks about setting up a network connection, however I am assuming the Vision connection will suffice
    -Went into Prefs>VPN 'No VPN Client installed'
    -Started movianVPN, setup policy for VPN3000 (PFS, XAuth, IKE_grp2, IPSec3DES)
    -Perform 'login', 'warning: you are not using the movian profile, your connection will NOT be secure'
    -After warning, generates key, trys to exchange and fails with "failed to receive reply'

My phone is running the original ROM, and the NNG proxies are still in place.

I am going to keep playing, but if someone sees something simple I am missing, please reply...

i'm working on it with the vpn guys at work- it's gotta be something with the DH groups and the crypto maps that i've gotten wrong...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    FWIW, Mergic VPN is doing a great job for me on my Treo 650.
    mergic works well also- however it only supports PPTP, not IPSec, which is what cisco firewalls and concentrators use...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    My company has a Cisco firewall and Mergic is working fine for me.
    You can configure most Cisco devices to support a PPTP connection, however due to many company security policies, PPTP is not allowed. IPSec *can* be more secure than PPTP and is a more widely excepted stardard for corporate VPN access.

For someone like myself, an IPSec capable VPN client is a huge tool. I currently maintain over 20 profiles in my Cisco VPN client, used for everything from business to personal. Converting any (not even all) of these sites to a PPTP solution is not practical.

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast