Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hmm, this looks a lot like a registered program that shouldn't have been posted. The vcil.pdb file is the license... But none the less, thanks for finding it. I guess it can't be considered "stealing" since they refuse to sell it to us now... Why they discontinued it's sales I don't know.
    So, I had the old 2.0 (30 day trial) version installed a while ago then I removed it. Since it has now been past 30 days, I'm not able to use even this "licensed" version. In the past, I know that many apps kept their registration info in some file on the palm (psysLaunchDB or something like that?) Does anyone know what file I can delete to get rid of the old 30 day trial stuff in order for vcil.pdb to properly get recognized? Or perhaps this download is also a 30 day trail and you guys just haven't hit the 30 days yet? :P

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw
    You need to use the movianVPN_4.00_PalmOS_RVPNFSC999999.exe file for the Treo 600. I found the same thing as you when I installed the OS5 version.
    From what I've seen of the non-OS5 version, it looks like it definitely works on the Treo 600, but I am still having configuration problems particular to my company's setup of it's VPN server.
    I tried for several days and could not get it to work. It gets really close to working, as the VPN connection is established, but then I am not able to connect to any site, as I get DNS timeout errors connecting to anything. My VPN log says "IP Comp not supported" which maybe a reason why the service fails. It looks like the Treo is either not receiving or not recognizing replies from the VPN server when trying to access a page. I am giving up now, but if anybody makes this work with the Treo 600 please let me know
    I can't get the download. Can someone PM the OS5 version of Movian please. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CySurflex
    Anyone got this to work with a Checkpoint VPN ? After it says "Exchanging Keys.." I'm getting the message:

"VPN tunnel negotiation failed to to bad VPN parameters (pwd, etc)"

Any ideas?b
    Sounds like you are sending the wrong username and/or password. Do you have a VPN client on a PC somewhere that can connect successfully to your VPN server? If you do, then you should be able to look through the configuration files of that setup to make sure that you configure Movian exactly the same way as on your PC VPN client.
    That's the method I used anyway.
    Hi all,

I can't tell if my Movian is working or not but it seems to be...

When I attempt to connect I get a warning that says "unable to use movian connection profile, this connection will not be secure"

Then whilst connecting to a Cicso concentrator and the device says:

Generating Key..
    Exchanging Keys...
    Negotiating...

then asks for my user name and password and says "finished!"

If i check my IPSec status, i get a Client Public IP (which doesn't match anything I get when using the desktop cisco client) and I also get a Client Private IP (which does match the subnet I get from my desktop)

Yet I can't ping!

update - i can't ping the public IP or 127.0.0.1

Any ideas - oh, and I'm on a T600.

Regards,

S
    Last edited by Swingstylez; 01/22/2005 at 04:58 PM.
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    You've gotten further than me. I got the same as you, except for the "finished" message.

All I can think of is this - have you tried pinging another machine by IP address rather than hostname (on the private side subnet) that you know is switched on? If pinging by IP address works, but pinging by hostname doesn't, that suggests a DNS configuration problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw
    You've gotten further than me. I got the same as you, except for the "finished" message.

All I can think of is this - have you tried pinging another machine by IP address rather than hostname (on the private side subnet) that you know is switched on? If pinging by IP address works, but pinging by hostname doesn't, that suggests a DNS configuration problem.
    mjw,

Did you get your your group username/password from your IT dept? It's different to your window login..

Yep, I've tried pinging by IP addresses on the "private", "public" and actualt interner. Perhaps because both my private and public IP's start with a 10.... However, they are on different subnets, I presume (I can't read the subnet mask, so I can't be sure)
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    This software does NOT work on a Treo 600. Anybody who thinks differently, please prove me wrong....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Files are of the above mentioned server, any idea/info where else they could be ?
    Guess I found this server a few days to late...

If anybody reading this has licensing or other legal thoughts or issues/concerns,
    talk to the license holding company and tell them to make it available for sale....
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingstylez
    Did you get your your group username/password from your IT dept? It's different to your window login..
    I think you only need group username/password if you are using extended authentication (e.g. securId)

I have a laptop from work with a working VPN client configuration. All I did was find a file called "Vpnonly.nav". Inside this script was the line where the actual VPN client was invoked with parameters like the group username/password. The line looks like this in my setup:
    Code:
    winexecs &ClientWrap &lsConnectTag &gsUserId,&gsCertKey,&Param3,&gsVpnGrpId,&gsVpnPWord
    gsVpnGrpId is the group username and gsVpnPWord is the group password.
    I just added an extra line into the script just before this line to print out both. Then I connected to VPN from my laptop, and wrote down what I saw.

Hope this helps.
    I am using Treo 650 and Using OS5 version of the VPN. I configured the VPN software and got it to connect correctly, but I can't ping any IP. I played around with the DNS, and make sure everything is fine. I still cant' ping IP or DNS hostname. Any ideas? My company is using Nortel Contivity server and SecurID. I got the group id and password from the IT dept, and all the DES..etc...everything shows connected, but just can't PING or connect to anything. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

Updated on 1/28/2005--I am able to ping now. I just have to get a good web browser so I can access corp resources. DNS resolves correctly.
    Last edited by codetreo; 01/27/2005 at 11:37 PM.
    I accidentally downloaded the Palm OS (non 5) version while it was still available and I now am looking to get the OS5 version. Can anyone send it to me? Thanks.
    Last edited by bodotcom; 01/24/2005 at 07:07 PM. Reason: typo
    can anyone send me this version? i need an ipsec vpn client and nobody else makes one i'm hoping this one works, and if someone could help me out i'd appreciate it

Thanks!
    So NOBODY is using this on the 600??? I guess I was right, it does not work.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    for some reason I am unable to get a connection setup to a Nortel Contivity, tried 3 different boxes and have the same results. The logs show that the connection get authenticated, but for some reason gets droped shortly with msg - no response from client
    Any idea or hints ?
    I hope this does not sound out of place, but I missed out on this link and would very much like to try the os5 version for my treo 650. I have been looking for a VPN solution for IPSEC on my treo. If anyone could assist me I would be greatly appreciative. Please accept my apologies if this message is inappropriate.

Please email me if you can assist me. I am very technical and need very little help with configurastion
    How do I set the MovianVPN to use PPTP to access a Microsoft VPN server?

I have been using Mergic VPN but my trail has run out.

We use MS VPN right now at work but we are moving to the CISCO VPN Concentrator 3030.
    I would appreciate if Some one could please send me a copy too! PM or email me at gfunkmagic at yahoo dot com.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I can't get the download. Can someone PM the OS5 version of Movian please. thanks.
    I also can't get the download. Can someone send me a copy? thanx
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast