Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    It is great to hear there is finally a VPN solution for the Treo line. I have been looking for one for a long time. The question is - does anybody have the VPN client working on a Treo 600? If that's the case, it would rock since I need to use GSM and thus cannot migrate to the Treo 650 just yet. I guess I could just try installing it myself but I am not that much of a techie

Luis
    I currently don't have access to a Windows & Palm Desktop'ed computer. Would someone be able to extract the files either from their Palm, or from the install directory before they sync? If you could zip them up and either upload or email them for me, I'd be much appreciative.

chris (at) ccs.neu.edu
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by luisdasilva
    It is great to hear there is finally a VPN solution for the Treo line. I have been looking for one for a long time. The question is - does anybody have the VPN client working on a Treo 600? If that's the case, it would rock since I need to use GSM and thus cannot migrate to the Treo 650 just yet. I guess I could just try installing it myself but I am not that much of a techie

Luis
    It should work on the Treo 600 as well.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by knumnuts
    2 more items:

1) You will need both UDP 500 and ESP (protocol 50) open if you are using the Vision network. I forgot to mention ESP
    I'm a bit unclear... these are options set on the Contivity device or on the Treo?

tdh
    which profile type should I select that might be compatible? Sonicwall is not on the list.

thanks
    - ag47
    I'm a bit unclear... these are options set on the Contivity device or on the Treo?
    These ports need to be 'open' (available) between your phone and your VPN endpoint. We have some security between our concentrator and the Internet. The security rules were NOT allowing UDP 500 and ESP (protocol 50).

Sprint is NOT blocking these ports. So, if your transform set on the endpoint matches the transform set on the Phone, you should be able to connect.

If you have verified both protocols are open and you still don't see much on the client, your Xuath is probably incorrect (group).

good luck
    Well, got connected to the VPN, but couldn't connect to anything on the network. I couldn't even ping by IP. Any guesses what I've set incorrectly?
    If you can login, but not pass traffic, more than likely ESP (protocol 50) is not open. Xauth happens over UDP500, while the actual encrypted traffic passes over ESP.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hmm, this looks a lot like a registered program that shouldn't have been posted. The vcil.pdb file is the license... But none the less, thanks for finding it. I guess it can't be considered "stealing" since they refuse to sell it to us now... Why they discontinued it's sales I don't know.

Of course, when I tried to get the file, it was already gone. I guess someone wised up. Day late, dollar short.
    I managed to grab the files before they disappeared, but before I try them out on my GSM Treo 600 I was wondering if anyone else has been successful with Movian yet on a Treo 600?

What version did you use? The OS5 version, or some other one?

Thanks
    I managed to download the files earlier but haven't tried them yet.

For those that didn't get them in time, if someone can post the exact filenames (I don't have them with me), perhaps google can point us to other places the same files are hosted? Sometimes that works...
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    movianVPN_4.00_PalmOS5_RVPNFSC999999.exe
    movianVPN_4.00_PalmOS_RVPNFSC999999.exe
    Quote Originally Posted by knumnuts
    If you can login, but not pass traffic, more than likely ESP (protocol 50) is not open. Xauth happens over UDP500, while the actual encrypted traffic passes over ESP.
    So what's the fix? My Cisco VPN works fine from my PC, so something is working properly as far as the VPN Concentrator goes. Are you saying I just can't do it via Vision?
    The files appear to have been removed. Can someone please email them to me. I would really appreciate it.

hdonis@sbcglobal.net
    The fix is to have ESP open to the concentrator. Here is a technical answer: The Cisco VPN client used in conjuction with the VPN 30XX concentrator will perform NAT traversal (NAT-T). NAT traversal is a feature used to allow a VPN client to connect over non-standard IPSec ports, ports that are capable of being NAT'd by a NAT'ing device. The standard for NAT-T is to use UDP 4500 for all traffic (both IKE and IPSec), and Cisco has a further enhancement that allows your client to use TCP 10000. If you click on the 'transport' tab in your client (v4), you will see if you are set to use UDP or TCP.

The Movian client will perform the same way (when using the VPN 3000 profile), unless it has a public (non NAT'd) IP address. Vision gives you a public IP and does not perform NAT on it. The Movian client can detect this and will use standard IPSec ports (UDP 500 for IKE and ESP for IPSec). If you can login, UDP 500 is open. After successful login if traffic doesn't pass, ESP isn't open. ESP is also known as protocol 50. There are options other than ESP, however the movian client doesn't support anything else.

Does this clear things up?
    I just tried to install it in my Treo 600 but could not get it to work. I create the VPN account with all the settings, enable the VPN, and in the next network access the device behaves as if nothing had happened...it connects to the network (without asking for my VPN password) and allows me to connect to public places but not to my company sites.

I will appreciate any advice...
    Missed the download, could somebody please PM me who'd be willing to send it off?

Thanks,

palmLover
    Quote Originally Posted by luisdasilva
    I just tried to install it in my Treo 600 but could not get it to work. I create the VPN account with all the settings, enable the VPN, and in the next network access the device behaves as if nothing had happened...it connects to the network (without asking for my VPN password) and allows me to connect to public places but not to my company sites.

I will appreciate any advice...
    Using FileZ I found out that as opposed to the Treo 650, the Treo 600 does not have in its ROM the files VPNPanel.prc, VPNPanel_enUS.PRC. This might explain why the software does not work on the Treo 600.
    Well, I have had my 650 for a week. Cool tool!
    So as an IT guy I need VPN and was pointed to this web site as informative.
    There is lots of info here. I found this thread but I'm too late - the files are gone.
    I googled the file names and it was fruit-less...

Can anyone help?

TIA

- ekim650
    Add me to the list of folks who need IPSec capability but missed the download. If anyone can help, PM me. I will definitely share with others in the same boat. Thanks.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast