Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Well, I've failed so far to get this client to work. There are so many settings and I am trying to figure it all out. I think this client doesn't offer some of the crypto methods I need to get it to work with my companies setup. I'll keep trying.

Dave
    UPDATE: I finally got this to work, but not through the Vision network.

I have Reverse DUN setup on my phone to use my bluetooth connection from my laptop. Using my network via the phone, I can VPN into either a Cisco VPN3000 and/or a Cisco router/firewall using the movian client.

So, in order to get this working with a Cisco VPN concentrator, I had to use the following settings:

PFS:didn't matter
    Xauth:enabled (configured a group password, etc)
    IKE:Grp2_DH-1024
    Cipher:3des-cbc
    Hash:MD5
    IPSec:ESPIP-AES128_SHA-96

Even though there were some other 'matching' transform sets, this was the only one I saw success with. The concentrator was giving me the error 'no IPSec proposals available' with the other transform sets.

As for the Vision network, I have tried a few things. First off I got my MSL number from Sprint by telling them I need to 're-provision' my phone. Once I had the MSL, I removed the NNG's. No help. I then removed the HA's (for giggles) but no help here either. Actually, removing the HA's made it so the Vision would no longer authenticate.

I will keep you posted...
    Knumnuts, which version did you use? The generic or OS5?

I'm guessing OS5 (since you chose T3.) I'm wondering if the generic version might work better via Vision.

I was looking @ my Cisco VPN client @ home and there are no settings (was hoping to use it as a cheat sheet to find out how our security guys setup the concentrators.) Is there a decent way to figure out those settings w/o calling the "Power hungry" security guy we've got? (I can see his response now....why do you need to know? No, we don't allow that!.....Yadda...yadda....yadda.)
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Knumnuts, which version did you use? The generic or OS5?

I'm guessing OS5 (since you chose T3.) I'm wondering if the generic version might work better via Vision.

I was looking @ my Cisco VPN client @ home and there are no settings (was hoping to use it as a cheat sheet to find out how our security guys setup the concentrators.) Is there a decent way to figure out those settings w/o calling the "Power hungry" security guy we've got? (I can see his response now....why do you need to know? No, we don't allow that!.....Yadda...yadda....yadda.)
    You can look at the "statistics" under one of the drop down menus(I forget which one), or you can connect and look at the properties from the vpn icon in the systray. This will give you some of the info, but not all most likely.
    Cool, gave me encryption and authentication (think these correspond to cipher and hash?)
    You can turn on logging in the Cisco VPN Client 4.x too. That should give you even more info. Although, the client is already hard coded with all the transform sets and DH groups, etc. That's why it's easy to get up and running, there is pretty much nothing to configure.

Anyway, to recap, using the palmOS5 version of Movian, with the 650, nobody has been able to connect to a Cisco PIX or concentrator using Sprint Vision yet?
    I have not yet connected via Vision. As for the 'version', I was asked during install which device I was using it on, but I didn't see a setting for OS5 or classic? Does it come down to the prc file I installed? I will try the classic, but I am not quite sure where it is...
    I've been able to connect to a Cisco Concentrator 3000, using the Palm OS5 version using Sprint Vision. I've been able to ssh into internal network machines, browse internal websites with Blazer, and access an internal Exchange server with Chatter.

However, if the VPN is enabled, you can't receive phone calls. So it's not good as a hacked together Blackberry replacement.
    Eldrik, can you share some details of your install? OS5 for which model? Did you change anything? (NNG's, HA's) Treo650?

The troubling part I have seen is absolutely no activity (from the concentrator's side) when using Vision. Using anything else with absolutely no config changes allows the VPN to connect. So, it would appear that Sprint has it blocked, but I have proven this to be wrong through some testing. So I am back to my original comment, I am probably overlooking something stupid.
    I'm using a Treo 650, and installed the OS5 version and selected T3. As a previous poster did, I removed VPNPanel.prc and VPNPanel_enUS.PRC with FileZ. (Because they indeed already exist in ROM.) Otherwise, everything else was just default Cisco Concentrator 3000 settings.

I thought I was going to have to wrestle with it more, but it worked. I just tried it again just now. Enabled VPN, put the Exchange Chatter mail box online, checked my email, offlined the mail box, and then disabled VPN.
  11.    #31  
    OK, this is going to drive me crazy.

When I try to use the OS5 version, no matter if I select T3 or C, when I start the client, it tells me I need to run the VPN setup to configure. There are no other options except ping and the ability to see the license. Why am I getting different results than what others are seeing?

Secondly, I can use the non-OS5 version, but I can't figure out how to get it to prompt me for a password for a secureID card. It generates the key automatically and then fails. I have enabled extended auth, put in my group ID and pass and username, but there is no place for a 2nd password for a secureID card. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Don't run the VPN app that's showing in launcher. Go to System -> Prefs -> VPN. The OS5 version integrates with the prefs VPN panel.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrik
    Don't run the VPN app that's showing in launcher. Go to System -> Prefs -> VPN. The OS5 version integrates with the prefs VPN panel.

duh! Thanks! With the non-OS5 version, you can't select anything under Prefs/VPN. So I was confused. Now it all makes sense! thanks again!
    Will disabling Sprint's proxy in the phone work? I think you need the phone unlock code to do this, but it may help in this situation?
    Are you guys downloading this from your T650, or are you downloading it to you Computer and HotSyncing it? I can't download from my T650 because I have a 2mb download limit. and I can't do it on my computer, because it's an .exe and I am on a MAC.

I would appreciate any help on this,

Thanks!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoAsh
    Are you guys downloading this from your T650, or are you downloading it to you Computer and HotSyncing it? I can't download from my T650 because I have a 2mb download limit. and I can't do it on my computer, because it's an .exe and I am on a MAC.

I would appreciate any help on this,

Thanks!
    Downloading it to computer, installing .exe, then hotsyncing.

Dave
    I have a MACINTOSH, are there any files I can download for the MAC?
    Same as Helevitia: download to computer, install exe, hotsync.
    hmmm.. Can I copy evrything to a PC and then Hotsync it once and get it, and then go back to my Mac? What do you guys think?
  20.    #40  
    Yes, that is what I do. I am hotsyncing on my laptop, but then I go home and hotsync on my personal computer. So you can hotsync in two locations. Not sure if there are any drawbacks, but I haven't found any.

Dave
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast